Gaming By Numbers 2021 (Event Ended - Badges Dispersed)

7 hours ago, Briste said:

Fixed it for you! It's nothing personal dude, it's the same rules for everyone. The badge will come out the same no matter which game you finish for a number. It just makes it easier for the mods to keep up with all the entries. As someone who ran an event once, I'm sure you can appreciate how much work goes into organizing these... maybe cut them some slack?

Okay sorry, I didn't mean to act salty. I just didn't read the rules properly. I'm fine with what I got. But I will try to make sure one of the games on the list is not a cakewalk. I have 70% POWGI games on this list and the rest are EZPZs. Where's the pride if every game on the list was an easy game?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jens said:

That SaGa-buff just got her guide on this site published a few days ago. And knowing her I can tell you that it will perfectly answer all the questions I would've had even without having read it myself, no doubt whatsoever :P But yeah, good cookies are probably a fantastic way to go if you need an even deeper level of detail on something in that game!

9 hours ago, Inuty said:

If you need more information on the game @eigen-space did some really detailed guides here on psnp. Maybe it helps with the questions you are having? If i buy the game i would totally look through them ;)

Thanks, I don't actually have any questions, I haven't started the game yet, though it is in my backlog.  @Jens sold me on how great it sounded to play a game next to someone who also enjoys the series.  :)  So I was half joking about renting an rpg buddy.  I will check out the detailed guides when I need them, when I can find the time to work the game into my schedule. :) 

Edited by Spinacheq
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Spinacheq said:

Thanks, I don't actually have any questions, I haven't started the game yet, though it is in my backlog.  @Jens sold me on how great it sounded to play a game next to someone who also enjoys the series.  :)  So I was half joking about renting an rpg buddy.  I will check out the detailed guides when I need them, when I can find the time to work the game into my schedule. :) 

Well @Jens and myself can gladly acompany you if you want to try out the Yakuza series :D

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Inuty said:

Well @Jens and myself can gladly acompany you if you want to try out the Yakuza series :D

20 minutes ago, Jens said:

Welp, here we go again... Add @PooPooBlast for a sick trifecta. Dude has plenty of time for that at the moment!

Should I start a discord channel and stream my game play there, and you all can jump in the channel watch from your own couches/desks ( not sure of your setups :) ) and then guide me on voice chat? lol we are starting to get to the point where my couch doesn't have enough room lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jens said:

Welp, here we go again... Add @PooPooBlast for a sick trifecta. Dude has plenty of time for that at the moment!

?? You bastard! Buddy if I can squeeze in 1 hour of gaming a day, I am a happy man ?. 

But hey! Can't say no to more yakuza! I am replaying the series on my alt @YakuzaIad after all........

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, InfinateEternity said:

@Jens Apologies for the ping. But, I noticed that whoever updated the spreadsheet has Big Dipper down as a 1 for me. Per the rules of the challenge, shouldn't it count as a 3 since the ID is 11243?

Yep, you are correct. Maybe those double 1s were a little distracting :D Should be fixed now, thanks for the info!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, InfinateEternity said:

@Jens Apologies for the ping. But, I noticed that whoever updated the spreadsheet has Big Dipper down as a 1 for me. Per the rules of the challenge, shouldn't it count as a 3 since the ID is 11243?

That would be my bad... I did the last update... @Jens has better attention to detail than I do.

18 hours ago, Inuty said:

You should go for it, it is a really good game. If you have someone for Lokal Couch coop it is even more fun. I plat it with my wife :)

The only reason I'm even holding back right now is I set a goal to up my completion. I'm trying to finish 20 games off my profile before I start anything new. I started that very recently and made sure to pop the first trophy in each of the Mass Effect games as a little cheat before I began that goal. lol. They were on my profile before I said, it starts here, so it works! Since that point, I've finished two. So it's going to be a while ?

Edited by Spacey Dweeb
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

That would be my bad... I did the last update... @Jens has better attention to detail than I do.

It's completely okay! I'm sure there's a lot of data to manage with an event like this. So it's completely understandable that sometimes things slip through! Thank you both for taking a look, and @Jens thank you for fixing that in the spreadsheet. I really appreciate it!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

The only reason I'm even holding back right now is I set a goal to up my completion. I'm trying to finish 20 games off my profile before I start anything new. I started that very recently and made sure to pop the first trophy in each of the Mass Effect games as a little cheat before I began that goal. lol. They were on my profile before I said, it starts here, so it works! Since that point, I've finished two. So it's going to be a while 1f628.png

Typical kid / adult problem. As kid you have enough time but not enough money for games. As adult you have enough money for a lot of games but not enough time anymore :D

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Morgana said:

Played Utawarerumono during my break from Star Ocean;  I enjoyed it, the battle system is pretty solid and fun.  Been really starting to get a like for SRPGs

You should try Record of Agarest War if you like SRPGs. Ask @Jens how much fun he had listening to my commentary on that one before ultimately giving up on it.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

You should try Record of Agarest War if you like SRPGs. Ask @Jens how much fun he had listening to my commentary on that one before ultimately giving up on it.

Yeah, I remember. It was a bit like being on a best friend basis with Hulk. Better avoid making her more angry...

7 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I remember seeing your status updates on that one.  I will put that in a maybe pile for the future, not sure I'm ready for another 200+ hour game at the moment.  I do have the next Utawarerumono game and also God Wars: Future Past lined up too

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I haven't played all the Agarest games, just number 2.  But I enjoyed the story a bunch, just the grind at the end got a little pointless but to be fair by that point I was already invested lol.

3 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

I haven't played all the Agarest games, just number 2.  But I enjoyed the story a bunch, just the grind at the end got a little pointless but to be fair by that point I was already invested lol.

Agarest War 2 is a cake walk compared to the other games...

I partly gave up on Zero as well as on the idea of getting the first game US digital version (only with trophies)...

All games are essentially the same as Cross Edge platinum grind... and while I did that one almost 10 years ago,  I'm still traumatized by the grind...

PS: I did way longer grinds in other JRPGs, but none left me such a bad mark.. And Agarest War Zero IS just more of the same and just as big a grind as Cross Edge..