eigen-space

Gaming By Numbers 2021 (Event Ended - Badges Soon)

682 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

This was a pretty good week for me. I finished Little Hope as expected last night. I also was trying to work on AC3 Liberation for the Vita, but ran into a weird save issue. Unfortunately, it happened after the first trophy pop, or I'd just delete it, move on, and forget I ever played it. Now I want to figure it out. Basically, I can get to the loading screen, but never get put into the actual game when using a save. I've made three attempts to restart the game so far and waited up to 90 minutes for a save to finish loading. No idea what to do except maybe play a huge chunk in one sitting and hope that save issues are only going to happen in the early chapters... I don't like to risk my time like that though. Anyway, I decided to replace that game in my list, but just to bug @gruffiiti I hid the new game and won't tell him what I'm working on while he's camping. haha. Also, my youngest kid really wanted me to play the Olympics game with her. Mostly the volleyball event. so I started that with her. It may end up in my event list, but for now, I'm still planning on Alien Isolation for that number. This week will be working on mystery game and A Rose in the Twilight on the Vita. I think I can finish the Vita game by next week. 

 

To Do:

rose.png creed.png fenyx.png alien.png 

 

Tah Done!

Sb49920.png S606abf.png jedi.jpg Sc8842c.png rift.jpg S7872a8.png

 

That sucks to hear about the AC3 Liberation.  I own AC3 Liberation as well and was considering working through it. I've decided that I'm going to leverage airplane mode on the vita to manage trophy lists.  I'm probably going to do Severed for my #5, but if I don't end up liking it, I'd be able to reset my vita and not have to worry about it.  Only real worry with that is making sure I don't miss any time stamps, so I've gotta keep it charged as I go.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

I also was trying to work on AC3 Liberation for the Vita, but ran into a weird save issue.

No don't tell me that, I played the MP missions back when we all thought the store and support was being shut down for Vita.  So I have this with 3 of 45 trophies sitting on my list waiting.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

 

That sucks to hear about the AC3 Liberation.  I own AC3 Liberation as well and was considering working through it. I've decided that I'm going to leverage airplane mode on the vita to manage trophy lists.  I'm probably going to do Severed for my #5, but if I don't end up liking it, I'd be able to reset my vita and not have to worry about it.  Only real worry with that is making sure I don't miss any time stamps, so I've gotta keep it charged as I go.

 

56 minutes ago, Spinacheq said:

No don't tell me that, I played the MP missions back when we all thought the store and support was being shut down for Vita.  So I have this with 3 of 45 trophies sitting on my list waiting.  

I honestly think it's something with my specific cartridge like some data corruption or something. I've looked all over the place for other people to mention this issue and can't find any other mentions. There was something about a save glitch that would make the game crash and reboot when you tried to load a save, but that was patched like 9 years ago. If you can finish the game, maybe I'll buy another copy off ebay or something. When I got my Vita, I bought it off someone local and it had about 15 games with it. The dude was a heavy smoker and everything stank though. I had to deep clean it before I could stand to touch anything. 

Edited by Spacey Dweeb
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

 

I honestly think it's something with my specific cartridge like some data corruption or something. I've looked all over the place for other people to mention this issue and can't find any other mentions. There was something about a save glitch that would make the game crash and reboot when you tried to load a save, but that was patched like 9 years ago. If you can finish the game, maybe I'll buy another copy off ebay or something. When I got my Vita, I bought it off someone local and it had about 15 games with it. The dude was a heavy smoker and everything stank though. I had to deep clean it before I could stand to touch anything. 

ouch, yeah I hope that is all it is then.  Mine is the one I got when I bought my Vita.  I got the White Assassin's creed edition Vita, as it looks very nice with the persona 4 golden screen protector on it.  The only sad thing was the game came without a case in the bundle so I had to pick up one as loose little carts floating around bug me.  I will try to play mine this week and see if I run into the save issue you experience and keep you updated.  :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2021 at 4:14 AM, MattbluePT said:

One more game completed. It's goiong slower than I thought, but I'll get there.

You can do it!!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

I would have wanted to do Rio, but I figured out I am missing 2 DS3 controllers, as the game does not register PS4 controllers at all.  Don't think I want to drop $50-60 on obsolete controllers for that game.

First congrats on the No More Heroes.  Great Job.  Second if you have a PSP you can use that as a controller for your ps3.  not sure if you have one but if you do it might be an option for Rio.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Spinacheq said:

First congrats on the No More Heroes.  Great Job.  Second if you have a PSP you can use that as a controller for your ps3.  not sure if you have one but if you do it might be an option for Rio.  

Thanks. It was not that bad, just annoying to be forced to do 3 playthrus.

 

Sadly, no PSP,  just a Vita.  For now, I am glad I did not pop a trophy on Rio and was able to clear the 0% list.  I am less annoyed by shelving a physical game from my backlog than it being the only game I would need to reach Plat rank in the Movies PP. My inner completionist is conflicted. 😆 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.