Gaming By Numbers 2021 (Event Ended - Badges Dispersed)

21 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Wasn't expecting to get this. 1f606.png Big shout-out to my bro who helped me a lot with the gems/relics. Crash Bandicoot games in general are just super frustrating to me, but out of the new trilogy, this one was the best. For some reason it was the easiest for me. Not sure if it's because it was the last one I played or if the level design was just easier. No clue.

1 (371) Dead rising 2

4 - (1644) Resident Evil 6

5 - (5745) Danganronpa 1+2 Reloaded

6 - (6246) Crash Bandicoot 2

8 - (10068) Untitled Goose Game

9 - (11479) Ikenfell

I could probably finish another smaller game or two, but at this point it's all coincidental if it hits the right number.

Reported for spamming!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Jens said:

Reported for spamming!

Haha! It is funny how my games are hitting. I seem to be finishing games back to back every time on the same day. I won't say that's "unplanned" as I'm usually working on 3+ games at once (2 games and a casual one usually), but the timing has been spot on lately.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Haha! It is funny how my games are hitting. I seem to be finishing games back to back every time on the same day. I won't say that's "unplanned" as I'm usually working on 3+ games at once (2 games and a casual one usually), but the timing has been spot on lately.

Hey, a fellow multi-game brother in arms! It's rarer than one might think, many people only can / want to focus on one game at a time. But due to me separating my games into "Game I play on my own" and "Game I only play with Mrs. Girlfriend around" I kind of have to play multiple games at the same time for years now. Without a little palette cleansing here and there a game starts dragging very quickly for me :P

Currently doing three at once too, soon to be 4 if I pull the trigger on starting NEO: The World Ends With You.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jens said:

Without a little palette cleansing here and there a game starts dragging very quickly for me :P

This perfectly resonates with me. Lol. I just find it really boring to only play one game at a time, and I tend to enjoy games more when I take my time with them than to try to rush through it for the platinum.

Lately, I've been playing harder or grindier games so having those extra games in the back to play casually prevents trophy burnout and prevents me from giving up on them completely.

It's easy for me to start a new game because I literally care zero about my completion %. I care more about just playing the games in general, then decide if I want to earn the plat. That sucker could be at 50%, and I wouldn't even notice. xD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

My #5 is now complete. Word Search (7965). Only one number left to go and it is going to be close. The after game grind requires 500,000 steps. After almost completing the story have not cleared even 100,000 yet. 

I ran into that with another Kemco game, just find a city where you have a nice circular path and run laps around it once you finish everything else off.  It goes much faster than you think it will that way.  Still annoying, but that will be the fastest way.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jens said:

Hey, a fellow multi-game brother in arms! It's rarer than one might think, many people only can / want to focus on one game at a time. But due to me separating my games into "Game I play on my own" and "Game I only play with Mrs. Girlfriend around" I kind of have to play multiple games at the same time for years now. Without a little palette cleansing here and there a game starts dragging very quickly for me :P

Currently doing three at once too, soon to be 4 if I pull the trigger on starting NEO: The World Ends With You.

This is exactly what I do. I have games I play when the wife is around, games I play with a friend, games I play through on my own, which usually also includes I vn for late night, then pepper in some smaller games when I need a break from my main one.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Xylobe said:

I really have no idea what to do for #1 at this point, other than pray for Psychonauts 2 to be the right number. Worst case scenario there might be an Artifex Mundi or Powgi game that would fit.

Both Brothers (PS4 Version) and In rays of the Light (PS4 Version) are # 1's that are pretty short. For something longer there is also 13 Sentinels.

18 hours ago, Xylobe said:

I managed to finally sit down and play something after an almost 2 week break, letting the PS5 release of Manifold Garden take over my #6 slot for Narita Boy. I played the PS4 version last year when it came out, but reading Susanna Clarke's Piranesi recently made me crave another playthrough, so I was happy to see it was one of the numbers I still needed. Great first-person puzzle game full of impossible architecture, I highly recommend it.

Piranesi was a really good work. Have you read Johnathon Strange? It is so different from this newer book but one of the best stand alone fantasy books out there, once you get acquainted to the writing style it uses. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 3:04 PM, Xylobe said:

For my #5, I'll see how Hades on PS5 is and pivot to Miles Morales if necessary. I really have no idea what to do for #1 at this point, other than pray for Psychonauts 2 to be the right number. Worst case scenario there might be an Artifex Mundi or Powgi game that would fit.

For #1 if you have a Vita there's a few of those Sometimes You titles for 99 cents that work.  I used Metropolis Lux Obscura (NA Vita) for my #1 and it was a few hours and actually a reasonably fun game.  A bit of a warning about that one, it does have some explicit art.  I'm pretty sure they had some others that would be a #1 though if that one isn't to your taste.  If you don't have a Vita, try some of their PS4 ones, there's bound to be something for #1 and their games tend to be short and easy while not being pricey.  For #5, Gaps By POWGI fits that one for the NA PS4 stack.

• Like 1