Gaming By Numbers 2021 (Event Ended - Badges Dispersed)

8 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Was going to do Flower for number 9 but I found out the game gives me motion sickness if I play too long.

I almost mentioned something when I saw a few weeks ago that you were going to do Flower. Flower was the only game to ever give me motion sickness... at least until the day I decided to try Spyro with the kids. Those flying levels and the constant spinning camera... yuck.

7 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

I almost mentioned something when I saw a few weeks ago that you were going to do Flower. Flower was the only game to ever give me motion sickness... at least until the day I decided to try Spyro with the kids. Those flying levels and the constant spinning camera... yuck.

I also got it from Life is Strange and What Remains of Edith Finch.  First person POV and realistic graphics seem to be enough to cause it for me and while Flower is third person, since it's not a person but a flower petal it seemed to also be enough.  I'm fine if I keep the game sessions short, but it definitely makes finishing games like those take longer since it's harder to finish a game in a timely manner when you can only play a half an hour a day.  Definitely think games should be warning about the potential for motion sickness as well so players can know what games to keep the play sessions short on, or avoid entirely.