Trophies?

5 minutes ago, Thephoenixshow said:

Nice list the xbox version seems to have a few more than this.  

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/baldurs-gate-dark-alliance/achievements/

I can't help but feel the trophy list was released too soon or was missing items after looking at the achievement list. It's possible the publisher/developer will patch the list. Unless they are like, "Fuck it, fuck trophy hunters, be glad what you get."

• Like 1

I have a weird memory from this game to do with the stones you save your game at, I stayed at some bed and breakfast place before I went on holiday years ago when I was a kid, I was really into this game at the time and outside they had this stone that reminded me of the save place, weird memory to have but whenever I think of baldurs gate I think of that place

13 minutes ago, Thephoenixshow said:

Nice list the xbox version seems to have a few more than this.  

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/baldurs-gate-dark-alliance/achievements/

the xbox list is pretty much the same anyway, those extra achievements you would just earn playing the story anyway

1 hour ago, bikeman223 said:

How challenging is Extreme difficulty? Is it something you need to unlock or can you choose it from the start?

its not that hard.

but you need to play the game on easy, medium or hard.

than you unlock the gauntlet mode (its rly tricky).

when you complete the gauntlet mode you unlock the Extrem mode.

this was the way on the PS2 version.

3 minutes ago, LRL-Terrorzwerg said:

its not that hard.

but you need to play the game on easy, medium or hard.

than you unlock the gauntlet mode (its rly tricky).

when you complete the gauntlet mode you unlock the Extrem mode.

this was the way on the PS2 version.

Probably the same here then, I don't imagine they changed much.

Honestly, just be glad you're getting trophies at all. My most anticipated 2019 game released with no trophy support at all (and none were ever added)

But guess what? I bought it, I played it, I completed it, and I loved doing so. The game isn't any worse because it has less trophies than normal.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Honestly, just be glad you're getting trophies at all. My most anticipated 2019 game released with no trophy support at all (and none were ever added)

But guess what? I bought it, I played it, I completed it, and I loved doing so. The game isn't any worse because it has less trophies than normal.

Well, yes it is for trophy hunters who would otherwise have liked to get the platinum for it. That applies to varying degrees and it's super cool that you bought, played, completed, and loved a game that had no trophies for some reason, but games should have better lists than this and it is a turn-off that this list is so miserable. Not to mention, it's a PS2 game which costs $30.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

this is one of my favourite ever games, so glad I get to play it all over again :) not bothered about the lack of trophies tbh unlike some acting like it's the end of the world

If this isn’t the place to complain about a rubbish trophy list or no plat, where is? 

I have the game on PS2 but might have considered picking this up if it had an engaging trophy list...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

What game?

40 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Steins Gate Linear Bounded Phenogram? I had a blast with it too, but I also imported a PS3 copy after finishing it for the plat. Thankfully they fixed that with Darlings Embrace

• Like 1

Happy that the game is getting some attention, sad about the trophy list. I love baldur's gate 1 & 2 on PS2. Some of my favorite games from the couch co-op days. I hope that they don't break couch co-op somehow, that is the only way I would still pick this up. 

• Like 1

I'm not pouting because there's no platinum because I have plenty of games in my trophy list that don't have a platinum. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction doesn't have ANY trophies at all and never got them, and I still played it several times. It just feels like 'here's the Baldurs remaster, enjoy'.

Edited by avalon_sinclaire