Trophies?

Well, the lack of a plat is somewhat acceptable. But only five trophies, and four of them being difficulty-related, is disappointing. Not to mention that the trophy icons are all the same, and they're a crop of the game's cover art. Hell, even the trophy list image is a bad crop of the game's cover art too. I'm actually baffled by how bad this trophy list is.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

those cheap bastards. whats the point in bothering lol.

Seriously... If you're saying "what's the point in bothering" in regards to the game coming out with only a few trophies - you need to step back and take a look at how obsessed with trophies you are. The 'point' is that the game has been released on modern consoles for people to play and enjoy, not primarily so people can get the trophies...

Those who will pick this game up are probably the people who played the original back when there were no trophies, people who play games because they enjoy doing so and not just to grab the trophies. No issue with people doing that, but I think you're being rather ignorant and silly if you're saying the developers shouldn't have bothered simply because you want more virtual awards.

• Like 1

Okay, so I have bought and downloaded the game. As far as I can tell, none of the cheat modes were imported into the game. If they were imported, they don't seem to be the same inputs as the PS2. This includes the level warp and invincibility modes. Haven't tested item/money duplication yet. 

As an aside, load times are insanely fast, even on base PS4. The text uses some default bold text instead of the original, which looks quite gaudy. Rest of the game is basically the same assets as PS2 with 3D textures being rendered at a higher upscale. 

• Like 1

Trophies are shit Yes but people saying their Not paying for this trophylist quite surprise me. You pay for the Game Not the trophies.

Gonna get this for sure. Always Wanted to replay it But don not have my ps2 anymore. Only downside is that they added no online coop as far as i can see but my gf loves These games so offline will do. One of the best coop games i have ever played and the nostalgia factor is strong here.

Edited by CoregBlue
  • Like 1

We are all here to get trophies... It's like a community specifically for trophy hunters. Of course people will be upset when a game comes out and has only 5... It shows that the publisher has no interest in anything other than scamming people into buying nostalgia based games. If they didn't have time or money to insert code to unlock trophies, they won't have time to fix bugs.

• Like 2

I have been here for 8 years, I know what this Site is about. 

If a Trophy list makes or breaks a great Game for people so be it. Just said it Surprises me as my opinion. The devs gave us a chance to replay this gem and thats all I need.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Ugh I bought this game before even seeing the trophies, just assuming it would require some difficulty beyond a standard disappointed to see this abysmal offering.

Still an amazing game but yeah...

The game isn't exactly ezpz on extreme difficulty. And as far as I can tell, debug/cheat menus are not in this version.

2 hours ago, Tearbaer said:

The game isn't exactly ezpz on extreme difficulty. And as far as I can tell, debug/cheat menus are not in this version.

Actually it will be easy still if it includes the terrible AI like the original. You could shoot enemies off screen and in most cases they wouldn't aggro you if done properly. Some bosses could also get stuck on terrain with clever positioning as well.

Was meaning difficulty in more of grinding everything.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

1 hour ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Fuck that, I'll get it on my Xboner if at all since that has a few more Cheevos and 1000Gs... This is STUPID ?

God the extra achievements are even lazier. All story related then last two, one is for dying and other for gaining XP. How utterly lazy can they be they reward you for your first XP gain.

28 minutes ago, Tearbaer said:

unknown.png?width=1217&height=683

So I went to check if there were any updates for the game on my PS5. Turns out there was. We now have version 1.01.

So then, I went to check the update log and was met with this....

Very strange. But then it hit me, this is the damn update log for The Bard's Tale: Remastered and Resnarkled for PS4 and PS Vita. The same team ported it and this game. What the hell is going on over there?

LOL this is even worse than that "UpdateCrazy" fake site that listed FF7 Remake updates (you know, the one with "under the hood"-whatever in the changelog) long before any update actually hit PSN.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tearbaer said:

unknown.png?width=1217&height=683

So I went to check if there were any updates for the game on my PS5. Turns out there was. We now have version 1.01.

So then, I went to check the update log and was met with this....

Very strange. But then it hit me, this is the damn update log for The Bard's Tale: Remastered and Resnarkled for PS4 and PS Vita. The same team ported it and this game. What the hell is going on over there?

Trohpies.

• Like 2

I think they meant for it to have more trophies but something went wrong. It clearly states having "map trophies" and some Chapter XIII trophy which I assume is a typo & they meant Chapter III. All in all it's an okay port. The new update yesterday fixed the save totem lighting but it still has invisible items on returning from a recall and the infamous remaster AI circles. I'm glad to see a short list though. 

2 minutes ago, AtaraxicDream said:

I think they meant for it to have more trophies but something went wrong. It clearly states having "map trophies" and some Chapter XIII trophy which I assume is a typo & they meant Chapter III. All in all it's an okay port. The new update yesterday fixed the save totem lighting but it still has invisible items on returning from a recall and the infamous remaster AI circles. I'm glad to see a short list though. 

Someone didn't read what I said. This is the exact update log from The Bard's Tale port from years ago. There are no "Chapters" in BG:DA, just Acts. And there are no "map trophies" or even "maps" in the game. Unless they do a full overhaul, I doubt they will change the trophy list. This is just a mishandled mess on the backend.

3 hours ago, CaptainMonkster said:

Is this out in the UK yet? Can't find out on ps5s store 

They have had issues (surprise) rolling it out to all regions. They claim all EU regions should have access, but many are reporting not. Might try it through the PS app.

Edited by Tearbaer
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tearbaer said:

Someone didn't read what I said. This is the exact update log from The Bard's Tale port from years ago. There are no "Chapters" in BG:DA, just Acts. And there are no "map trophies" or even "maps" in the game. Unless they do a full overhaul, I doubt they will change the trophy list. This is just a mishandled mess on the backend.

I missed the Bard's tale part but what do you mean no maps? There's a map for every room in the game...

Edited by AtaraxicDream
Added "you" between do and mean

37 minutes ago, Tearbaer said:

They have had issues (surprise) rolling it out to all regions. They claim all EU regions should have access, but many are reporting not. Might try it through the PS app.

Thanks I managed to find it, wouldn't appear on psn search if I search baldurs gate, but did when I searched dark alliance :S

3 hours ago, AtaraxicDream said:

I missed the Bard's tale part but what do you mean no maps? There's a map for every room in the game...

There is an auto-map, but they are not collectible in any form. So how would there be a trophy associated with maps? Whereas Bard's Tale had collectible maps you would have to obtain for four special trial areas to obtain collectible tokens. When the game launched, the trophies for these maps were glitched and thus the plat was unobtainable.