Trophies?

10 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Letting cheats unlock the trophies is pretty lame. This game just turned into another Subnautica that few will actually play, but just run through with the cheats for easy trophies.

In it’s current state, unless it goes massively on sale, I don’t see people doing that. The list isn’t rewarding enough for someone wanting easy trophies. 

Hell, I don’t plan to use cheats, but I won’t be touching this until it goes on a decent sale. I’ve never played it (have played some of Champions of Norrath), would like to, but it’s above my budget for digital only games. And that list, while it doesn’t factor much into my decision...it’s pretty awful. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

In it’s current state, unless it goes massively on sale, I don’t see people doing that. The list isn’t rewarding enough for someone wanting easy trophies. 

Hell, I don’t plan to use cheats, but I won’t be touching this until it goes on a decent sale. I’ve never played it (have played some of Champions of Norrath), would like to, but it’s above my budget for digital only games. And that list, while it doesn’t factor much into my decision...it’s pretty awful. 

For sure. This game isn't even on my radar until it's under $10.

Also won't be using cheats if I ever get to playing it. Never played the PS2 game so I have no attachment to this game either way, but I showed my younger brother the lazy ass trophy list a few days ago and then we talked for a bit about how he enjoyed the game years ago so that's enough for me to check it out sometime. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 4:02 PM, POEman553 said:

I heard back from the publisher through email. They indicated that they 'didn't have enough time to do a proper set of achievements' for either Xbox or PlayStation. I did ask if they will be patching it to make it a 'proper set.' I will keep you updated. I'm not sure what they mean by that or if that even means there will be a Platinum after it's patched or if they even will patch the trophy list.

if they did that, i'd buy this game without a sale the moment it happens.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Wow. This was one of my favorite games for the PS2. So glad I haven't bought it. I am not going to support them with a purchase if they can't even respect me to give a real trophy list with a Platinum.

tbf...the original games didn't even have a trophy list...and while i admit that this one is beyond horrible and that initial price is a bit high...i will still be picking this one up for the gameplay...hoping for a sale soon...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sword_of_omens said:

tbf...the original games didn't even have a trophy list...and while i admit that this one is beyond horrible and that initial price is a bit high...i will still be picking this one up for the gameplay...hoping for a sale soon...

Of course it didn't as it is a PS2 game. Still doesn't mean I am going to be alright with their decision for less than 10 trophies and no Platinum. I wanna play the game, I will as I still own it and still have my PS2. It is re-released to cash in on all the other D&D games being released now and probably as a marketing ploy to get you to buy this one on accident when you meant to purchase the new one set in Icewind Dale.

• 1 month later...
On 10/05/2021 at 11:25 PM, Tearbaer said:

I'm already working on the gameplay guide for the game. It'll be very detailed. Hope that will show people that the trophy list did this game dirty and that it's an absolutely worthwhile experience.

How's work on the gameplay guide progressing?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...