Final Domination Set??

Noble_Nephilim

5 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I believe the 6th Domination board had been out for a few hours now so what is the verdict?

What does it look/play like?  Is it comparable to the 5th Domination set or is there an increase in difficulty?

people cant hardly play because 2k servers are trash today, i get kicked trying to playing one game

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

I believe the 6th Domination board had been out for a few hours now so what is the verdict?

What does it look/play like?  Is it comparable to the 5th Domination set or is there an increase in difficulty?

I'm 8 games completed and on the 5th board (I am just doing two per tier in order to get a look at them all faster.) So far it's a mix of really easy and really hard. The easier games are actually simpler than anything in mystery dom as you play a bunch of clampsless cards. Harder ones are far more difficult than most/all of mystery dom. A few invincible cards thrown in, even. I'm on current gen so it's still easy to cheese them. Closest game I've had was a win by 8, but I kept it close on purpose to get some free throws at the end for the 10 minimum. Most games have been 20+ margins. It's derived from both premium and reward sets, like the level 40 rewards and out of position to use a couple examples. Below is the link to my livestream where I am trying for first achiever :)

Edited by Andrea9281

13 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Thanks.

@Andrea9281 , I actually meant comparing this final domination set of 33 games to the 5th set that was released a couple months ago.

You read her post too early and missed her edit (courtesy of me ;)):

The easier games are actually simpler than anything in mystery dom as you play a bunch of clampsless cards. Harder ones are far more difficult than most/all of mystery dom.

QUICK 21 RIP from the trailblazers book still works like a charm, was able to beat that nuggets team by 20 abusing this play.

It's a full DM lineup with 4 invincibles, on paper the hardest team i came across so far but of course i haven't seen everything yet.

Edited by KingTom95

i probably wait till servers are stable enough, i should be good to do the games since i almost have a whole team of invincibles cards  

Edited by lucky0ne16

About halfway done.  Will finish the other half later on tonight/tomorrow morning.  You guys should be fine, especially with cheese plays.  The last set is like the previous one IMO.  So, relatively easy.  Definitely not as hard as the challenges for Tacko Fall.

54 minutes ago, conano1990 said:

I play PS4 version And i was thinking that when i get 594 stars on dom and pop the last trophy will this trophy autopop for ps5?

I am wondering that myself.  I plan to get the plat on PS4 and then check out the PS5 version once I get a PS5.  I know the MyCareer trophies are all new/different, but I am hoping everything else pops as it should, especially the 594 stars.  Fingers crossed.

Someone will need to test it out and report back.

1 hour ago, grimydawg___ said:

About halfway done.  Will finish the other half later on tonight/tomorrow morning.  You guys should be fine, especially with cheese plays.  The last set is like the previous one IMO.  So, relatively easy.  Definitely not as hard as the challenges for Tacko Fall.

Ok, good to know.  I don’t have any Invincibles but I hope my lineup of regular 99’s does the trick.

@djb5f If diamonds and amythest can get the job done, your 99s will certainly do.  You don't need a super team.  Just follow the same strategies and you'll have at worst 1500 points/game.  Along with plays, I'd also recommend a big PG (Magic or whoever) and post up the PG.  You can get 9 or 10 points every time.  You do a dropstep or post Spin for 5 points, made basket for 2, Layup/Dunk for 2 or 3 points.

8 hours ago, conano1990 said:

I play PS4 version And i was thinking that when i get 594 stars on dom and pop the last trophy will this trophy autopop for ps5?

yes, 594 stars autopops. the first achiever is a PS5 user who immediately autopopped the PS4 stack too.

kinda fucks over PS4 first achievers due to the autopop since PS5 is much faster and arguably easier to get 594 stars in, but it is what it is. that's why these cross-gen stack leaderboards don't really mean anything

FINALLY done with this game! I'm glad they didn't go overboard with invincible cards.  For those who are still early on and have seen the nuggets with 4 invincible cards, that is the hardest game of the set. Other than that game the only other ones that were tricky was the 3 invincible card squad and the first out of position squad

On 13-7-2021 at 3:53 PM, xwolf8503 said:

Finally I could get that platinum trophy and delete this game from my hard drive 1f607.png

Some people in other forum complaint about Vince Carter being this final dom reward. Well, I guess they dont care about trophies like some of us lol

The reason some people are upset is cause a DM Vince Carter was the season 7 ultimate reward (150k exp grind) and that card is still usable. So they basicly give another version of Vince Carter making the 150k xp grind feel like a big waste of time. 

On 19-7-2021 at 11:19 AM, IGUnique said:

The reason some people are upset is cause a DM Vince Carter was the season 7 ultimate reward (150k exp grind) and that card is still usable. So they basicly give another version of Vince Carter making the 150k xp grind feel like a big waste of time. 

I think people were upset cause he is a 6'6" SG/PG. And that is far from "meta" these days with all the 6'9"-7'0" PGs from OOP packs. But yeah, it is strange they come up with another Vince Carter card so soon. Too bad he won't even make my team with all the invisibles and 1 goat card I got.

played through the first couple sets of games (8 or so) 

the difficulty is all over the map it seems. I win one game by 50+ and the next i'm getting smoked and only winning on game ending free throws. 

All the games seem super doable tho

2 hours ago, Justin_VaD said:

played through the first couple sets of games (8 or so) 

the difficulty is all over the map it seems. I win one game by 50+ and the next i'm getting smoked and only winning on game ending free throws. 

All the games seem super doable tho

Just wait, the OOP sets are no fun.... I just got the plat, its finally over.

• Like 1