RE8 too hard/ too much bullet sponges?

As the title says been looking about the place to find info on this to see if am not the only one having a problem with re8 as the first hour was just pure bs, because you can't do much of anything due to how much the bullet sponges of the enemies are on both hardcore and valley of shadows I mean why is it that from re7 to the remakes and now all the re games have a kind of big hard on for bullet sponge enemies. It pisses me off as even if you try to run away or do anything your going to get shit on it is like the game wants you to come back to this with unlimited ammo or the RE classic rockets to blow everything up. I feel they should keep how they were in say re4 and 5 along with dead aim and so on with how things take the same amount of dmg on any of the modes you pick and you just take more dmg and ammo is more limited and so on.

what you all think?

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

I would guess its that way to ensure multiple playthroughs to get unlimited ammo on some weapons etc. it is bs tho.

ill be playing tonight so we will see what happens 

I wish ya luck and all I will say is that I got to the castle and am stuck and I feel I need to put it on the lower modes to even get past this it is bs and not fun so far I hate bullet sponges in any game.

• Like 2

thats how it is also look around the areas carefully. in re7 there were sneaky spots to find ammo and health crouch all over the side of the area if you have to and also check your map red means there are still items in the building and blue is all clear I’m at the fishing area 

• Like 1

I had zero trouble on standard difficulty, you don’t have to kill everything, jeez... guarding and knifing is a valid strategy as well. This is nothing new in the series, you start weak, and soon you’ll be blasting them left and right. That’s the point of this series. RE8 might be one of the easiest title in the series, imho. It’s very forgiving.

Gamers be like "this isn't a true Resident Evil game" then still try to play it like a shooter when it is supposed to be played like, y'know, "true" Resident Evil games. Same thing with VII- on Standard difficulty, I had just about enough ammo to take down all the enemies I needed to in order to proceed, and I was still limping around on critical health half the time. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

You gotta ration your ammo, particularly in harder levels.

13 hours ago, Cobbsquatch said:

You understand how RE games work outside of 5 and 6 which were action titles, right? You're not meant to kill everything. Its about surviving and retaining ammo.

8 hours ago, fbdbh said:

I had zero trouble on standard difficulty, you don’t have to kill everything, jeez... guarding and knifing is a valid strategy as well. This is nothing new in the series, you start weak, and soon you’ll be blasting them left and right. That’s the point of this series. RE8 might be one of the easiest title in the series, imho. It’s very forgiving.

14 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

As the title says been looking about the place to find info on this to see if am not the only one having a problem with re8 as the first hour was just pure bs, because you can't do much of anything due to how much the bullet sponges of the enemies are on both hardcore and valley of shadows I mean why is it that from re7 to the remakes and now all the re games have a kind of big hard on for bullet sponge enemies. It pisses me off as even if you try to run away or do anything your going to get shit on it is like the game wants you to come back to this with unlimited ammo or the RE classic rockets to blow everything up. I feel they should keep how they were in say re4 and 5 along with dead aim and so on with how things take the same amount of dmg on any of the modes you pick and you just take more dmg and ammo is more limited and so on.

what you all think?

As i stated at the start and what I highlighted for you to see, I was playing on hardcore and valley of shadows mode and it feels bs like you have to do a new game plus just to have a chance it is bs due to the bullet sponge enemies. that is what I said and I feel any mode or anything that makes you have crap hp and the enemy take bullets up the ass to do anything is pointless, if you take dead aim or any of the classic re games all weapons killed zombies just as fast on normal then on hard. like if you use a shotgun you will still deal a lot of dmg but they make the ammo less common to come across and so on.

I got stuck in the fight with the mini boss fight with the fly witch as they spawn enemies behind you to come into the fight with you and her making the fight very annoying and just bs, I mean I just beaten the game on normal and it was fine but harder modes now seem to be bs now it never can be like how dead aim or even re4 pro mode and so on.

• Like 1