Auto-unlock trophies with save transfer

fbdbh

Alright, now I have the answer how to unlock trophies automatically by going from PS4 to PS5.

Trophies won’t autopop if you upload a save data mid-gameplay, but if you have a completed save file, then it seems to be working.

The method I used was to save before the last boss, and uploded that one, defeated boss the second time on PS5. However, at the completion screen I received two trophies that were not automatically unlocking previously. 

So my conclusion is that you have to unlock the in-game trophy list (challenges) first to register whatever you did on your PS4 save file.

16 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Alright, now I have the answer how to unlock trophies automatically by going from PS4 to PS5.

Trophies won’t autopop if you upload a save data mid-gameplay, but if you have a completed save file, then it seems to be working.

The method I used was to save before the last boss, and uploded that one, defeated boss the second time on PS5. However, at the completion screen I received two trophies that were not automatically unlocking previously. 

So my conclusion is that you have to unlock the in-game trophy list (challenges) first to register whatever you did on your PS4 save file.

Any word on if you can go backwards to ps4?

• Like 1

I know that some people would be willing, but I would never stop playing an improved version just to get an auto-pop on ps5, as some people do with Crash 4 and maybe this game as well.

10 minutes ago, FlakMaximus said:

Not needed for auto-pop trophies trick, the game is good to the point that I'm going to unlock another platinum trophy in legit way. What is more village of shadows will be my first run on ps4 without any cheats and upgrades 

Village of Shadows will not be your first run on PS4

50 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

I also want to know this because I'm playing it first on the 5 obviously. Wouldn't mind a freebie when I transfer the save to PS4.

You cannot transfer your PS5 save file to the PS4 version and continue your progress there. In the options menu on the PS5 version, it only allows you to download a PS4 save file, not upload a PS5 one. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Boss_Kowbel said:

You cannot transfer your PS5 save file to the PS4 version and continue your progress there. In the options menu on the PS5 version, it only allows you to download a PS4 save file, not upload a PS5 one. 

Thanks for the info, I'll probably play it again at some point on PS4 and get both versions done. I would much rather play it first on the PS5 for the added benefits. 

8 hours ago, Boss_Kowbel said:

RIP

• Like 1

I enjoyed it without a guide on PS5 to see in its full glory, and on PS4 I did it with a guide, it’s short, enjoyable, it doesn’t really make a difference if you’re doing 3 or 5 playthroughs, you can enjoy it and still get the plat for both in 2-3 days.

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, fbdbh said:

So if I am understanding you correctly, you made a save at the very end, transferred to PS5, and beat the final boss on PS5 and then all your previously earned PS4 trophies popped on PS5?

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

1 hour ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

So if I am understanding you correctly, you made a save at the very end, transferred to PS5, and beat the final boss on PS5 and then all your previously earned PS4 trophies popped on PS5?

I unlocked many of them previously (I started on PS5), but the ones I missed popped at the end.

I shot 5 crows on PS4 and kicked the ball, transfered the save before the boss, these didn’t pop yet. However, they did at the end result screen, and I didn’t do them on PS5.

I don’t know what happens if I transfer an already completed save file, I thought it would be safer to just re-do the boss, but in theory, the first playthrough save unlocks the in-game trophy list (called Challenges), which will register their unlocked / locked state from there.

• 2 weeks later...

I could never really find much info on the PS4 to PS5 trophy transfer for this game so I decided to just dive in after Platting the PS4 version.
WARNING : The only trophies I had autopop were the 2 goat collectible trophys that's it. However, some of them can easily be unlocked again from repeating the trophy description or doing just 1 more action if you unlocked it previously. Examples: shooting 1 more bird out of the sky, loading up mercenaries and quickly failing a level if you already have all levels S ranked, etc. The biggest nightmare is the mapmatician and bookworm trophies. If you are playing on your same save from multiple playthroughs, (in my case this was my FIFTH completion) Start a new save and playthrough. As I already had the plat just reading one note wouldnt unlock bookworm and my map has been uncovered since playthrough 1 and both of them both refused to unlock. ??? 

45 minutes ago, oG_Yeah said:

I could never really find much info on the PS4 to PS5 trophy transfer for this game so I decided to just dive in after Platting the PS4 version.
WARNING : The only trophies I had autopop were the 2 goat collectible trophys that's it. However, some of them can easily be unlocked again from repeating the trophy description or doing just 1 more action if you unlocked it previously. Examples: shooting 1 more bird out of the sky, loading up mercenaries and quickly failing a level if you already have all levels S ranked, etc. The biggest nightmare is the mapmatician and bookworm trophies. If you are playing on your same save from multiple playthroughs, (in my case this was my FIFTH completion) Start a new save and playthrough. As I already had the plat just reading one note wouldnt unlock bookworm and my map has been uncovered since playthrough 1 and both of them both refused to unlock. 1f621.png1f621.png1f621.png 

When u say new save, do u mean u has to delete ur whole save?? 

Ur profile save is never new unless u delete it, do u mean u started a New Game, but still on the same profile save?? 

Or do u mean what it sounds likez u deleted everything and was a completely new save?? 

Im going to try and optimise the PS4 > PS5 transfer when I get to it, a few pointers along the way would save me some time testing myself ;)

Thanks

27 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

When u say new save, do u mean u has to delete ur whole save?? 

Ur profile save is never new unless u delete it, do u mean u started a New Game, but still on the same profile save?? 

Or do u mean what it sounds likez u deleted everything and was a completely new save?? 

Im going to try and optimise the PS4 > PS5 transfer when I get to it, a few pointers along the way would save me some time testing myself ;)

Thanks

I was still on my same save file when I attempted another playthrough. I meant the new game option when attempting these because I had all files unlocked previously so I couldnt look for a certain one I was missing as all of them were displayed in the menu. However, I did follow Powerpyx's guide and made sure I read every single file again and it didn't unlock. Maybe I missed one, or maybe it won't unlock on that save since I already picked them all up previously idk. If you are saying even starting a new game it keeps all your files in the file tab though that is super annoying that i'd have to fully wipe all my progress just to get one of my last trophies.  

Edit : Upon selecting the New game option and looking at the collectible on the refrigerator in the beginning of the game bookworm unlocked! Still unsure about mapmatician though as I admittedly rushed through the last playthrough and didn't visit any of the optional areas as i did that in seperate playthroughs.

Edited by oG_Yeah

I’m a bit confused here. Do you need to first unlock the in-game challenges in PS5 before you download your PS4 save to your PS5?

Also, do you need to finish the game once to unlock these challenges? 

7 minutes ago, Khalid said:

I’m a bit confused here. Do you need to first unlock the in-game challenges in PS5 before you download your PS4 save to your PS5?

Also, do you need to finish the game once to unlock these challenges? 

No. I believe when I downloaded my ps4 save on the PS5 version all of that stuff was unlocked since i finished the plat on ps4 version first. As long as you beat the game once on the ps4 version you should have challenges unlocked already for the ps5 version and whatever else you had finished. Make sure you keep multiple saves though for things like the knives out run, your village of shadows run, etc. b/c for those i had to load my saves at the end of those playthroughs and beat the final boss again for those to unlock.

Having received the Plat on PS4, then doing the transfer to PS5, I had to do a full playthrough again, as Bookworm and Mapmatician didn't unlock. I thankfully had 2 end boss saves prepped just in case, so I was able to get my Village of Shadows and Knife runs back to back in about 15 minutes or redoing that. The rest of the game needs to be played through again however since none of the boss trophies unlock or the unique stuff like, Goal, or killing mini-bosses. 

Outhouses and files absolutely refused to unlock for me, I got Mapmatician, but I have to do a clean save run again to get Bookworm and Outhouses. Not really happy about that as I beat this game 6 times on PS4, and already another time on PS5. Oh well. 

I really wanted infinite ammo for my last run, but a fresh save seems to be the only way to get the files again or the outhouses.

3 hours ago, Cinderkin said:

Having received the Plat on PS4, then doing the transfer to PS5, I had to do a full playthrough again, as Bookworm and Mapmatician didn't unlock. I thankfully had 2 end boss saves prepped just in case, so I was able to get my Village of Shadows and Knife runs back to back in about 15 minutes or redoing that. The rest of the game needs to be played through again however since none of the boss trophies unlock or the unique stuff like, Goal, or killing mini-bosses. 

Outhouses and files absolutely refused to unlock for me, I got Mapmatician, but I have to do a clean save run again to get Bookworm and Outhouses. Not really happy about that as I beat this game 6 times on PS4, and already another time on PS5. Oh well. 

I really wanted infinite ammo for my last run, but a fresh save seems to be the only way to get the files again or the outhouses.

There is a trick I worked out the other week while looking at the save system (PS4) that lets u delete challenge progress, but keep ur saves. 

Its best used if u have a endgame save, as then u can quickly complete the game and open up everything again. 

STEP 1;

PS4 only, what u wanna do is load up a endgame save so that it autosaves at the end, then go and backup ALL ur PS4 RE8 save data

STEP 2;

Now delete ALL ur RE8 saves off the system, then load the game up and ay for a few minutes so that u get the first autosave. 

STEP 3;

Now go into your backups and transfer to system, that Endgame autosave u made earlier, doesnt matter if it was NG+ or not. This will overwrite ur current autosave. 

STEP 4;

Now go in game and load the autosave, yes it will say the autosave from before, but when u load it, it will be that endgame autosave u transferred over. 

STEP 5;

Now just complete the game to unlock the challenge menu!! 

No idea how well this will work when u transfer to PS5 afterwards and see what pops, but because it wipes ur challenge data but keeps the in game save, is a good way to start with alll ur current inventory and NG+. 

I was trying to figure out a way to maximise a NG run, but I wanted the challenge trackera available to track if everything still works and stuff on NG!! Hence how I found this with some messing!! 

Not sure if u wanna utilise it, but thats how to get NG+ with a 'almost' clean challenge list

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cinderkin said:

I was in the same situation as you however, the bookworm trophy popped for me after completely wasting my time getting every file again just for it to not pop. I just selected the new game option on the menu, (NOT the option for starting a new game after beating the final boss) I walked straight up to the fridge, read the file on it and got bookworm. The outhouse and mapmatician trophies I can't speak to because i chose to do another playthrough on my 4/5 completions save right after i loaded my knives out run to beat the final boss and unlock that again. They both unlocked on that save but even if your map is completely uncovered from previous playthroughs on that save you will need to go visit all the optional areas again and keep a mental note of all of them you visited to be sure you've went everywhere.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I have a question. I got majority of the trophys unlocked except jacks 55th birthday party. Two for the over ten minutes and the other for the all s ranks. Do I just have to s rank one to unlock the trophy for all s rank? Do I do them all on the the same save or do I do them completely from scratch?

Edited by Crayven