The grind isn't that bad

AusLeviathan

7 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

Do you really think I'm that lucky? That I could find every single scout log at the first possible opportunity whilst others are doing a 100+ runs to achieve the same.

If you've really done over 100 runs through a Biome and can't find a Scout Log or Cipher then I would suggest that maybe your save file is glitched, because there simply isn't enough rooms for someone to go through that many runs without running into all the cipher's/scout logs unless something is preventing them from appearing.

Given that you are the One and ONLY Person iv ever heard Say this...... Clearly yes... I Even Got Log 9 In an early Run and I Still have Spent upwards of 15 hours now Grinding for a Single Glyph in Biom 2..... 

But Sure.... The Grind is Fine... it's Just a Bug..... you Didn't get Lucky..... clearly my save is the Problem. Once again in order to Prove your Flawed argument, you make up More unsubstantiated nonsense. What Possible evidence do you have that my "Save is Bugged". I can point you to dozens of threads with people looking for exactly the same Glyph I am. it's gotten to the point where we as a community Know not only which Glyph it is, But you Really think the Problem is dozens of us have bugged saves instead of accepting you got Lucky? That's So Narsisistic it's bordering on delusional. "I didn't have a Problem so Clearly a Problem doesn't exist!" 

Just out of Curiosity, what exactly was/is your goal with this thread? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chrisrd said:

But you Really think the Problem is dozens of us have bugged saves instead of accepting you got Lucky?

Bugged saves or tracking, yes. The odds of dozens of people going through any of the biome's a 100 plus times and failing to spawn particular cipher rooms is so unlikely that the only reasonable conclusion is that something is preventing it from spawning.

Let's say you're missing a cipher from the end of Biome 2, there's like 7 or so rooms that will appear each cycle there not counting the permanent rooms, at most there's like 25 rooms that can appear in that section, consider just how unlucky dozens of people would have to be to have 1 of those 25 rooms not turn up in the 7 rooms that appear for over 100 attempts. It's just not plausible unless the game is having an issue selecting a setup with that room in it.

Edited by AusLeviathan

Just now, AusLeviathan said:

Bugged saves or tracking, yes. The odds of dozens of people going through any of the biome's a 100 plus times and failing to spawn particular cipher rooms is so unlikely that the only reasonable conclusion is that something is preventing it from spawning.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN!
You.... CANT.... Prove.... That..... 

Seriously...... You're making a whole slew of assumptions with that nonsense..... literally none of that is based in fact but rather just incredibly misguided assumptions. What if the Odds of one rum spawning is significantly lower than Others (a Situation that is highly likely given the Log 9 situation) 

Regardless... Clearly, my Delusional Assumption was Closser to correct than I care to admit. 

Bugger off, Mate..... You Clearly have a Fundamental misunderstanding of the Situation. 

Though I would still like to know what you hope to gain by this Thread..... Are you Lonely by chance? 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Chrisrd said:

You Clearly have a Fundamental misunderstanding of the Situation.

Yet I have the platinum and I achieved it without having to look up locations or collaborate with other people, maybe just maybe I know what I'm talking about. I made an educated guess about where the cipher rooms were more likely to have not appeared yet and it paid off.

The biomes that people are having the most trouble with are the ones where there's a greater ratio of rooms that can appear compared to room available for them to appear in, that's not a coincidence, it's because those biomes will take longer to spawn the rooms due to more runs being required on average to spawn all the cipher rooms, as opposed to the other biomes where it's very possible for the ciphers to all appear in one or two runs.

21 minutes ago, Chrisrd said:

Though I would still like to know what you hope to gain by this Thread..... Are you Lonely by chance? 

I hope people will gain an understanding of how this game works.

Edited by AusLeviathan

6 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

Don't forget - also to let people know exactly how they need to see things in order to validly be a trophy hunter. And that any perspectives about the difficulty of the game contradictory to yours are devalued to 'pleading for something to be handed to them' :).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AusLeviathan said:

Yet I have the platinum and I achieved it without having to look up locations or collaborate with other people, maybe just maybe I know what I'm talking about. I made an educated guess about where the cipher rooms were more likely to have not appeared yet and it paid off.

The biomes that people are having the most trouble with are the ones where there's a greater ratio of rooms that can appear compared to room available for them to appear in, that's not a coincidence, it's because those biomes will take longer to spawn the rooms due to more runs being required on average to spawn all the cipher rooms, as opposed to the other biomes where it's very possible for the ciphers to all appear in one or two runs.

This whole thread and your posts are just proofs that you have no idea how the game works.

This is a random generated map game. For example, the first biome has 15 types of main rooms, 15 types of side rooms. First biome can include 10 types of main rooms and 10 types of side rooms (I'm over-exaggerating here a bit). So there are 3003 combinations for each type of room (main or side) and how the rooms can be put together is even more. Chance to get the room you need is 0.06%. It's almost like rolling a dice. If you include that all of those combinations can be repeated, the chance for getting 1 type of combination with 1 type of a side room you exactly need is very slim. 

Do you get it now?

Edited by Lowlliet
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AusLeviathan said:

From memory that one spawns after you see the scene where you pick up a parasite, there's a side room which contains a parasite that you're meant to enter and go near during your second run in Biome 1 after your first death but I suspect a lot of people missed that on their initial runs and then haven't checked it out since because it's just a random room with one parasite.

Have you seen that scene yet? If not I don't think it'll spawn until you trigger that scene.

So, you're trying to tell me that there's a possible missable trophy for a fucking rogue like game? That's the dumbest thing the devs could do to a game!

18 minutes ago, RafaelBCastro said:

So, you're trying to tell me that there's a possible missable trophy for a fucking rogue like game? That's the dumbest thing the devs could do to a game!

No, there's not. Getting a parasite to drop is like 90%. They are very common. And I even think that you can't miss the first parasite at the beginning of the game, which will start the cutscene he's mentioning.

Edited by Lowlliet

As mentioned several times in this thread some people are getting screwed over by RNG. Lucky you for getting them all so fast. That doesn’t mean others will. RNG is RNG no matter who educated you are about the game. 

You can brag about how you did it all yourself without asking for help or advice and no one will care. Some people are simply getting screwed over by the RNG. 

Some collectibles requires the player to do something before it spawns but we don’t know all of them yet. So just because you got lucky and randomly got the requirements in you runs doesn’t mean everyone else will. 

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 3

I play OSRS so have no problem with an RNG related grind but RNG isn't a common thing in the console world so i understand the confusion behind the developers decision to have this type of trophy in the game.

Personally i don't think it needs changed at all (i am probably 50 hours in of which 30 are just trying to spawn ciphers) i agree with OP in that this trophy list doesn't allow the player to just follow a guide you actually need to force it to happen in your game by doing multiple runs and you will be awarded for your efforts at either hour 1 or hour 100. Milage may vary. But you will still be rewarded regardless.

RNG mechanic is widely used in all RPG MMO games on PC and is the reason behind their success. Look at WoW and Runescape as examples of these billion pound companies. Having some of that cross over in to a console title is pretty cool although i would of preferred to have been trying to find an insanely rare gun rather than a shit mark on a wall

• Like 1

In the case of ciphers, some of them may have been missed by people not fully exploring rooms they thought they fully explored.  Some are underwater and items underwater don't always show on the minimap until you enter the water to fill in the map more.  Similar concept with some of the datacubes not showing up on the minimap until you actually enter the "secret" part of the map by breaking a wall or something like that.  Most of the scout logs do require specific rooms to show up with the exception of a few that require some conditions to be met either through story progression or stuff like using the reconstructor, but the conditions are pretty basic stuff that most people won't miss just playing through normally.

The worst part is just not really knowing if you're missing a room you haven't seen or whether you've somehow failed to explore a room you've seen before properly.  I know the last cipher I missed in biome 6 was in a room I had been through before but it was just hidden up on some scaffolding beam above the combat area and I just didn't really platform up there for whatever reason before.

I still think that people are upset because this is the kind of game that benefits greatly from a trophy guide that just shows you every room where collectibles spawn and right now there isn't anything like that beyond some posts from those of us who finished within the myriad of duplicate forum threads on PSNP now regarding collectibles.  I don't think the RNG is significant enough to require 40-100 hours of running full speed through a biome at max efficiency just to see a particular room once, especially if you know exactly which room you're looking for and where it spawns at.  When I was running through biomes it didn't take very long at all unless I stopped to kill or loot.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lowlliet said:

For example, the first biome has 15 types of main rooms, 15 types of side rooms. First biome can include 10 types of main rooms and 10 types of side rooms (I'm over-exaggerating here a bit). So there are 3003 combinations for each type of room (main or side) and how the rooms can be put together is even more. Chance to get the room you need is 0.06%. It's almost like rolling a dice. If you include that all of those combinations can be repeated, the chance for getting 1 type of combination with 1 type of a side room you exactly need is very slim.

You don't need one type of combination, you need one room which has a chance of appearing within an area of the biome, for some biome the chances of getting a specific room to appear are better or worse but the odds of you getting the room you need in any one run are pretty good.

Your estimate of 0.06% suggest you have both a fundamental misunderstanding of both how the rooms spawn in this game and statistics, at worst some of the rooms might have a 5-10% chance of appearing and that's assuming you get the lowest possible amount of side rooms appearing in an area with a lot of rooms.

5 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

For the entirety of your comments in this post and whatever made you write them - f*ck you.

Does this site not allow you to swear without censoring yourself?

6 hours ago, Chrisrd said:

So far almost nothing you have said has been factually correct and We are all Dumber for haveing read it. I award you no points, and may God have Mercy on your soul

Great movie, great quote but doesn't really fit. Everything I've said is correct, if you've gone through a biome a 100 times looking for a Scout Log and you haven't found it then it means you either haven't met the criteria or some glitch has prevented it from spawning when the criteria was met. The glitch thing is entirely possible, at the very least the 2nd biome's cipher count is glitched and the PS5 activity cards are all over the place (at one point I went from 70% to 30% to 98% for 1 activity care in the space of 20 minutes and all I did during that time was collect 2 ciphers).

2 hours ago, Elegy said:

In the case of ciphers, some of them may have been missed by people not fully exploring rooms they thought they fully explored.  Some are underwater and items underwater don't always show on the minimap until you enter the water to fill in the map more.  Similar concept with some of the datacubes not showing up on the minimap until you actually enter the "secret" part of the map by breaking a wall or something like that.

The ciphers are something that are so easy to miss, partly because the symbol on the map is shared with other items and partly because as you mentioned some don't turn up on the map until you've revealed that part of the room.

I would be willing to bet that a lot of people have missed ciphers in rooms they've already been in, I noticed that in Biomes 2 and 6 as some of the ciphers I found were in rooms I'd already been in 1 or 2 times before. This is probably where some of the difficulty is coming from, if you've been in a room before you'll likely dismiss the symbol appearing and not bother to look at it, not realizing. I know I spawned a scout log in biome 3 by triggering a scene in a room I'd already been in before, I just hadn't walked to the area of the room required to trigger the scene.

I wouldn't say this is definitely the case for everyone though, the tracking being kind of glitched does open up the possibility that some people could have everything but are being told by the game they don't and as a result can't pop the trophy.