Magic Merchant

I'm having a bit of trouble finding the hidden  magic merchant in Rapadagna. I've only found one video of the location, which involved jumping off the second floor of the woman's house and going behind some hedges, but there was no merchant. Is it random or are their some prerequisites that need to be met?

only played the original monster world 4, but there was a pre-requisite to finding the merchant in OG, you were not allowed to save or even interact with the saving NPC from start of the game up to finding the merchant.

Edited by Sun_emperor1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sun_emperor1 said:

only played the original monster world 4, but there was a pre-requisite to finding the merchant in OG, you were not allowed to save or even interact with the saving NPC from start of the game up to finding the merchant.

Interesting! I need to start over anyway seeing as I missed a life drop, so I'll try that. Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, AJ Maciejewski said:

I hope this video helps! Now, all I need are 3 more Life Gems in Rapadagna...

Still no luck. I started a brand new game, didn't talk to anyone I didn't have to, no saving, no vending machine, and yet still no magic merchant. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong with it :(

48 minutes ago, SnowStorm said:

Still no luck. I started a brand new game, didn't talk to anyone I didn't have to, no saving, no vending machine, and yet still no magic merchant. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong with it :(

Really? Hmm... Did you get hit at all? Maybe you need to not take any damage, too.

41 minutes ago, AJ Maciejewski said:

Are you going fast? When I unlocked it, I quickly sped through the intro area. Perhaps it's timed?

I tried blitzing through and I tried playing without skipping any scenes, but nothing.

Shadiochao has mentioned in the tips and tricks thread that it may only trigger after finishing the game and playing on a subsequent playthrough. I'll finish and start again to see

9 hours ago, SnowStorm said:

I tried blitzing through and I tried playing without skipping any scenes, but nothing.

Shadiochao has mentioned in the tips and tricks thread that it may only trigger after finishing the game and playing on a subsequent playthrough. I'll finish and start again to see

Ooohhh!!! That would make sense. Please let me know if that works.

Edit: if you need any help, I published this huge walkthrough last night - Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World Walkthrough ?️

Edited by AJ Maciejewski

2 hours ago, elhaym1709 said:

Thank you all, I'm following that guide on videochums! 

Looking forward to finish the game and the restart my NG+ only for the merchant! What do you carry on your 2nd playthrough? Lives and items? Thx

Nothing. But magic merchant basically makes you invincible.

Edited by JoniP
  • Like 1