The campaign is so boring

dtb345

It was a miserable slog fest for me as well.

i didn’t care about the characters, writing, environment, gameplay, etc

The endless spawning enemies were such horseshit, I actually don’t know how it’s possible to make it through some sections without running past all enemies and then either: you get to the next area and they can’t chase you or you are able to shoot them all from behind.

Worst campaign I’ve ever played on a shooter (Killzone: Shadow Fall might’ve been worse) but it’s without a doubt worse than even the worst COD campaigns (Ghosts, AW, BO3, IW, WW2 and BO4( ;) )

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

The endless spawning enemies were such horseshit, I actually don’t know how it’s possible to make it through some sections without running past all enemies and then either: you get to the next area and they can’t chase you or you are able to shoot them all from behind.

Worst campaign I’ve ever played on a shooter (Killzone: Shadow Fall might’ve been worse) but it’s without a doubt worse than even the worst COD campaigns (Ghosts, AW, BO3, IW, WW2 and BO4( ;) )

yeah but BO4 had one of the best campaigns ever made, so hard to top that xD

• Like 3

Just got the plat, I enjoyed them. They were a depiction of real life events that actually happened so it's cool to see what real people actually went though to help win the war.
I don't really understand how it was a slog fest for some, they took about an hour each to beat, very fast and very easy imo. I also don't believe the enemies were infinite, when you killed enough of them they retreated back so you could push up. A lot of the sections you could sneak past people without killing anyone as well.

I also enjoyed skiing past everyone, was a pretty good stealth level, reminds me of the Bond movies, wish there were more games like that level tbh.

• Like 4

I usually really enjoy my FPS games, even if they're not the greatest, but I must say I did feel overall somewhat disappointed in the campaign of BFV. It just felt like it was lacking something. It's definitely my least favourite Battelfield game. I'm not a fan of multiplayer in games either, but I would actually say I had more fun playing BFV's multiplayer than the single player campaign! That is NOT normal!!! ?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jelkeh11 said:

yeah but BO4 had one of the best campaigns ever made, so hard to top that xD

I know right! Like who wouldn’t want to play multiplayer maps with bots.... oh and the amazing cutscenes that I never skipped.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FASTFIVE_013 said:

IW and WW2 werent even bad

(In my opinion) they were.

Infinite Warfare’s ship sections were all the same ship, the villain was absolutely awful, none of the crafters were well written except Ethan (the robot). 
World War 2’s campaign was ridiculous. The characters weren’t believable and during the ending where ||your friend is being taken into the forest after being in the concentration camp and it just so happens that the Nazi soldier didn’t shoot him left and it just so happened to open up into the clearing.|| The scene where the train goes into full action movie mode was completely ridiculous.

I've played Battlefield 1 for over 2,300 hours and played through the individual campaign stories several times because I liked them so much. I still play it today.

In Battlefield V I had to force myself to play through the campaign, I gave up multiplayer after about 60 hours. It feels like Battlefield V developed a completely different team than Battlefield 1. That wasn't the case, of course, but it feels that way.

The only thing I liked about the Battlefield V campaign was the great trailer-style prologue.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Killzone SF, BO3, IW, WW2, Ghosts, AW aren't even bad, you're just hating to hate at this point and obviously a troll

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LockheedPrime said:

Killzone SF, BO3, IW, WW2, Ghosts, AW aren't even bad, you're just hating to hate at this point and obviously a troll

Oh, right. I forgot I can’t have an opinion. I’ve played every single one of those games I mentioned, loved Zombies in Spaceland & thought Killing Spacey at the end of AW was great, but like you mentioned, just a troll.

28 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Oh, right. I forgot I can’t have an opinion. I’ve played every single one of those games I mentioned, loved Zombies in Spaceland & thought Killing Spacey at the end of AW was great, but like you mentioned, just a troll.

you put BO4 in line with them which literally doesn't have a campaign, you're a troll, and a bad one, don't be mad cause we're laughing at you, not with you as you wanted as a troll

8 minutes ago, LockheedPrime said:

you put BO4 in line with them which literally doesn't have a campaign, you're a troll, and a bad one, don't be mad cause we're laughing at you, not with you as you wanted as a troll

… you can’t be serious. Right? I put BO4 (follows by a wonky face) because the game is notorious for not including a campaign.

Also, I haven’t seen anybody laughing at anyone, you seem to be the odd one out and are attacking me for literally no reason.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Deadvember said:

Just got the plat, I enjoyed them. They were a depiction of real life events that actually happened so it's cool to see what real people actually went though to help win the war.
I don't really understand how it was a slog fest for some, they took about an hour each to beat, very fast and very easy imo. I also don't believe the enemies were infinite, when you killed enough of them they retreated back so you could push up. A lot of the sections you could sneak past people without killing anyone as well.

I also enjoyed skiing past everyone, was a pretty good stealth level, reminds me of the Bond movies, wish there were more games like that level tbh.

true, they were based on actual events but for some dumb reason devs decided to crook the facts. like for example, operation from norwegian took place during WWII but it wasn't 12yo girl, it was a squad of soldiers. 

I admit I really liked the british one, then norwegian was a little bit of a let down and at the end the french campaign was a disaster. it was way worse than previous 2 and was so full of glitches and bugs that I was close to uninstall the game before platinum. 

• Like 2

I agree with all negative feedbacks about the game. The campaign is utter horse shit. Without a doubt, worst fps story l have ever played. It simply is not fun at all. This game has the stupidest checkpoint system of whole time with infinite spawn of enemies. Only thing that gives me joy now is that, l had to suffer and now l know l am not alone on this. To sum up, fuck this game.

• Like 3

Not only it's boring, but I found the Hardcore campaign incredibly frustrating too. I admit I'm not exactly a skilled player, but I could do BF1 and MW1 campaigns on the highest difficulty and still have enough fun (although MW1 had some frustrating bits). This game however, pure frustration from start to finish, and on top of having some buggy moments where the objective didn't appear (forcing me to replay the mission) and a weapon swap bug which won't allow me to attack, I'm not having a good time...

At least so far the multiplayer is okay. I'm hoping to play that someday soon. I won't get the platinum right away but at least if the MP is fun, it's something!

• Like 1

On 10-5-2021 at 10:21 PM, Darghel said:

Not only it's boring, but I found the Hardcore campaign incredibly frustrating too. I admit I'm not exactly a skilled player, but I could do BF1 and MW1 campaigns on the highest difficulty and still have enough fun (although MW1 had some frustrating bits). This game however, pure frustration from start to finish, and on top of having some buggy moments where the objective didn't appear (forcing me to replay the mission) and a weapon swap bug which won't allow me to attack, I'm not having a good time...

At least so far the multiplayer is okay. I'm hoping to play that someday soon. I won't get the platinum right away but at least if the MP is fun, it's something!

the multiplayer didn't really feel like bf, but more like call of duty with more players and bigger maps and a bit more clunky imo, but enjoyed getting the trophies 

Edited by jelkeh11
  • Like 1

I have only played the first war story so far and It was a slog for me. I really didn't care for them in BF1 and hope the others are better. I guess we will never get another Bad Company game. I really liked those and Bad Company 2 and BF4 are probably my favorite 2 BF games. Hopefully whatever they do with BF 6 or whatever they call it will have a normal campaign and not war stories again.

• Like 1