The campaign is so boring

dtb345

On hardcore this is impressively frustrating.  Skiing was pretty cool tbh, but something is off a lil with this compared to even battlefield 1.  Despite the frustrating levels, each one had the one capture or destroy that was a pain in the neck.  Actually enjoyed hearing about lesser known stories, true or not.  It wasn't the worst capaign ever, bc all it was, was a difficult tutorial, especially on hc.  To say it had no depth is to be dishonest.

• Like 1

The only one that was alright was the French colonial.  The rest was really bad.  The whole checkpoint system was really bad too.  There are many spots where you can just run to a checkpoint, die, and respawn to pass through that portion.  Almost seemed to be what was intended as I couldn't find a way to stealth kill enough people in some sections.

So, after finishing all 3 war stories I still find it underwhelming. The Tirailleur war story was probably the best one. It felt more like a BF game to me. If they were all like this one it would of been alright. I didn't mind the skiing section but it still didn't feel like it was in place. When I play a war based FPS I am use to having a squad around most the time. Solo and stealth missions aren't Battlefield to me. 

• 3 weeks later...

Campaign is a drag. The seemingly endless enemy spawn kinda makes the whole point of shooting an enemy (especially as sniper) pointless and just encourages me to cheese it by running forward and forcing scripted progression. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished the campaign and was utterly disappointed. I haven’t played BF for years but with this being free in ps plus thought I’d give it a go. I remember loving BF3 and 4 campaigns. This can hardly be called one. It’s more like multiplayer with AI. I did quite enjoy the skiing around, and the Tirailleur section was most enjoyable, but on the whole it was not great gaming. The checkpoints were awful having to replay large sections of gameplay if you died. 

But now that I’ve done it I’m going to jump on to the multiplayer. Hopefully that’s as good as I remember! I will probably be very rusty though!!

For Battlefield games, Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V depended an awful lot on stealth. The stealth mechanics themselves aren’t fleshed out enough to put that much stock in them. The campaign wasn’t terrible but there are so many cooler events they could have covered. It was disappointing they didn’t have a war story about flying too. Nothing is really memorable to me about these war stories. The French one was okay.

• 2 months later...