Can i still download the episodes with the disk?

• 1 month later...

unsure, i have the ps4 season pass disc, and whenever i launch the game is says on the other episodes other than  episode 1 "coming soon" or something like that and i have went to the telltale website and for some reason it says you have to buy the game again, however i honestly am unsure i wanted to play it

On 08/05/2021 at 9:57 PM, XLonewolf2201 said:

I know that with telltales being gone for a while they stopped the downloads for the episodes so i was wondering if i had the disk i can still download them?

On 27/06/2021 at 0:36 PM, a-adas1 said:

unsure, i have the ps4 season pass disc, and whenever i launch the game is says on the other episodes other than  episode 1 "coming soon" or something like that and i have went to the telltale website and for some reason it says you have to buy the game again, however i honestly am unsure i wanted to play it

I have the game - bought it in February this year and can confirm you can download the episodes in-game, just so long as you have the disc version.

• 1 month later...

Hey so not sure if anyone is monitoring this thread anymore but can we get some ACTUAL confirmation on if you get the Complete Adventure disk that it will actually work? I can see it being sold on Amazon but I can also see reviews being left say that it doesn't work still despite it being the disk version.

Thanks in advance, would love to play this but just don't wanna waste money at the same time.

• 3 months later...
On 8/3/2021 at 0:55 AM, Big-Brady said:

Hey so not sure if anyone is monitoring this thread anymore but can we get some ACTUAL confirmation on if you get the Complete Adventure disk that it will actually work? I can see it being sold on Amazon but I can also see reviews being left say that it doesn't work still despite it being the disk version.

Thanks in advance, would love to play this but just don't wanna waste money at the same time.

Yes you can. I bought the disk and finished all 8 episodes in late August 2021.

• 1 month later...

The season pass disc works just fine to download the games. I just picked up a season pass disc only containing Episode 1. I never downloaded the other episodes. From the main menu of the game, I was able to download the other (delisted) episodes for the first time. 

Season pass discs are $3, so with the ability to download, it is the cheaper option. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
30 minutes ago, Wes-709 said:

I have the Season Pass Disc, I know I don't get episodes 6 - 8 with it, so I was wondering if you are still able to buy those episodes digitally, with the game being delisted and all that.

Season 1 has the complete collection, where all 8 episodes are on the disc.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

For anyone reading this as of November 2023; I'd be VERY cautious with this, and be prepared to lose your money if you're going to buy this game. AFAIK (and please correct me if I'm wrong) Season 2 only has a Season Pass disc, unlike the first game that has both a Season Pass disc and a Complete Edition disc, of which the latter is the only way to complete that game ever since Telltale went defunct. But to be clear; now we're talking about the first iteration. This thread is about the second season, so a completely different game altogether.

Unless they changed something recently (meaning within the past few months), Season 2 is not completable *at all* if you didn't have the episodes downloaded on your system before the company's shutdown, sometime in 2021 I believe. Even if you deleted them since, the last time I checked on my Xbox, they were simply not downloadable because you couldn't reach their servers. I'm fairly sure PlayStation has the same issue.

With that said - I checked and it's very weird that so many people are still platinuming this. They might as well changed something so that the episodes are downloadable again, I'm unsure. Reason I wanted to chime in and say all of this, is because I see people talk about the 'Season Pass disc' for Season 2, whilst there is only one edition, so I have feeling they're mixing the two games together (as I said in the beginning of this comment).

Again; If I'm wrong, please reply to this so I can edit this comment. I wouldn't want to spread misinformation. It's just that I wasted my money for the Xbox One version last year because I was uninformed about the server closure. And no, the disc didn't cost me $3 like someone claimed in a previous comment. At least not for me on the Xbox last year. They're scalping these things like crazy ever since (the original) Telltale stopped making games.

• 2 months later...

I bought the minecraft story mode season 2 season pass disc on the PlayStation and at first it said "Episode coming soon" but then I opened the game on a different account and it let me download all the episodes from there, both of the accounts are on different regions so I think it might have something to do with that. 

Edited by chrzyyz

• 2 months later...

My Minecraft Story Mode season two disc CUSA08690 contains 1 episode and links to download episodes 2-5. I was forced to log in with a different account (French) and episodes 2-5 became available. I downloaded them on my French account and they are fully functional on my main account.

Edited by JohnHvat