Game does freeze

Wikkibur

Game froze couple times when I played this. Quited playing this game because of that. Not had problems with other games. Even the storage is usually pretty full.

Edited by Wikkibur

2 minutes ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

If you play in HDR try turning it off. On a PRO the game really struggles with HDR on sometimes, especially if you max FOV. 

I used to have a lot of issues with general stability, but it has gotten better for me. It still underperforms though.

I am on pro.

18 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

This game crashes frequently for me. I'm on a PS4 Slim, and it crashes every hour or two, usually at least once per session.

So it seems it is not only on pro version. I quited playing back in the day, because game did not cooperate.

It seems like a combination of the longer I'm playing in a single session, and the farther in the game I got. I didn't really experience crashes until I was done with the main story. My bank got fuller after that point too, and I'm wondering if it's a GTAV style thing where the more data is in the file and the more things that have transpired in the game and the gaming session, the more likely it is to crash.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

It seems like a combination of the longer I'm playing in a single session, and the farther in the game I got. I didn't really experience crashes until I was done with the main story. My bank got fuller after that point too, and I'm wondering if it's a GTAV style thing where the more data is in the file and the more things that have transpired in the game and the gaming session, the more likely it is to crash.

This sounds right, or at least it did until the last major patch... for me at least. I'll add that a session includes opening the game to closing the game completely. Quitting to the menu and reloading the character you were playing or even loading a different character didn't seem to matter. The longer the application was open, the wider the door opened for glitches and bugs. 

I haven't had a crash in a decent while, but my sessions haven't exactly been marathons lately. My sessions are shorter, there have been patches and hotfixes, and I've changed my setttings a few times. My stability improving is probably a combination all of the above, but I'll be dipped if I know which contributed most and my investment in BL3 isn't at a level that I'm going to test stuff out.

If you don't want the game to crash or have hiccups I'd recommend restarting the app completely every two hours, turning off HDR, and making sure the "Hotfixes Applied" sign shows up on the character selection screen.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing the game for a few days now on a Pro and while I haven't had any crashes I've noticed that the framerate does struggle at times, even when I've selected Performance instead of Resolution in the options and the FOV is at default. I do have HDR enabled though so I might try disabling it to see if it helps.

I've also noticed that a lot of the textures in the game are really low-res, for example the vending machines look really bad. I've recently also played a lot of Borderlands 2 and with the Ultra HD texture pack installed I find that that game looks a lot better than BL3, the performance is also much better even with FOV set to 90.