PSA Some obtained trophies become locked on another version.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 0:39 AM, GizMo_The_Great said:

With purchases of this game offering both the PS4 and PS5 versions together, I just want to issue a warning to everyone.

The trophies do not sync between versions, and how they track/unlock, means that playing both versions could lock you out of the platinum for either one.

The best example is the Light the Campfire trophy, for levelling up your camp for the first time. I obtained this trophy on PS5, and then when it came time to level up the camp again, I switched to the PS4 version. While playing the PS4 version I once again levelled the camp up (this time to level 3), however the trophy did not unlock.

So it seems that the trophy is not linked to levelling up specifically, instead it is tracked to reaching level 2. 

The issue is, that the game stores your stats on the online servers. So when switching versions, your level will always be the same.

So when I unlocked the trophy on PS5 for hitting level 2, it meant I could never reach level 2 again. Permanently making the trophy unobtainable on the PS4 version (until they patch the issue [if they ever do])

So I would strongly advise everyone plays one version of the game. 

There are many trophies that are based on hitting certain levels, or milestones. If you were to unlock one of these on one version, it would lock you out of obtaining it on the other.

So if you are not careful, you could make the platinum unobtainable in both versions. 

For example-

If you level your camp once on PS5 then you couldn’t get the trophy for doing so on PS4.

Then if you got a character to level 10 on PS4, you couldn’t get the respective trophy on PS5.

This would mean there would be one trophy on each version that is unobtainable, locking you out of the platinum on either version.

I have contacted the developer and publisher but as of yet, they haven’t replied. Anyone who is concerned by this issue, please feel free to also contact them, the more people highlighting this issue, the more likely it is that they will rectify it.

Dont know if this bug only appears for PS4 to PS5 version.

I played the PS5 version first and had no problems to autopop the PS4 version

• Like 1