I found ALL collectibles and here are the ones i STRUGGLED with in hopes it also helps you!

jack_a_snacks

I need your help for biome 6, last collectible.

edit; i read about the other 2 puzzle rooms not having cipher. Damn i don't know what i missed.  The last one i got was the one on the right just before the drop into the deepest part (with 2 artifacts to buy). I think that one can be missed easily when people start speedrunning the section.

Maybe it's the rare cipher 2 you mention. Kinda hard to fight the mini boss here with speedrun equipment. 

Just to be sure, we can't have cipher behind locked blue room right ? Cause i have no key when i run.

EDIT 2: got the forum luck. First try lol. ok so the answer was Rare cipher 3. Right after the entrance, i got a very different room and the cipher is on a block on the left side. Very easy to spot. Wish i had a better trophy clip to help.

Edited by Shorah-
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shorah- said:

I need your help for biome 6, last collectible.

edit; i read about the other 2 puzzle rooms not having cipher. Damn i don't know what i missed.  The last one i got was the one on the right just before the drop into the deepest part (with 2 artifacts to buy). I think that one can be missed easily when people start speedrunning the section.

Maybe it's the rare cipher 2 you mention. Kinda hard to fight the mini boss here with speedrun equipment. 

Just to be sure, we can't have cipher behind locked blue room right ? Cause i have no key when i run.

EDIT 2: got the forum luck. First try lol. ok so the answer was Rare cipher 3. Right after the entrance, i got a very different room and the cipher is on a block on the left side. Very easy to spot. Wish i had a better trophy clip to help.

Glad you managed to find it. It can look like you're doing something wrong but you're actually not. I think that's why people find it so hard because they assume it has either glitched or they are doing it wrong when it is actually fine

Can someone clear this up for me please? Does each biome have set audio logs and cyphers that spawn in them? For example, can Audio Log 24 spawn in any biome, or is there a set biome that it belongs to? Is it the same or different for the cyphers? Also will they always spawn in the same room, or the same location within the room?

Edited by GalakticArachnid
grammar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GalakticArachnid said:

Can someone clear this up for me please? Does each biome have set audio logs and cyphers that spawn in them? For example, can Audio Log 24 spawn in any biome, or is there a set biome that it belongs to? Is it the same or different for the cyphers? Also will they always spawn in the same room, or the same location within the room?

The cyphers and audio logs are all set to a specific biome. IGN has a guide that will show u what biome they're in, but doesn't really show u anything else about how to find them.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/returnal/Scout_Logs

In case anybody didn't know, you can check your glyph progress for each biome in the databank menu under resources, and it's all the way at the bottomreturnal-databank-ciphers.original.jpg

Edited by stalepacks
  • Like 2

just FYI, my last cypher was in biome 5, the one in the blue locked room! if you didn't get it the first time try checking one last time just in case! AND one of the scouts appears before the yellow door, so my runs always were opening first the right path checking for the scout and if not going to the other 2 paths.

On 13/05/2021 at 3:06 AM, stalepacks said:

I'm stuck at 1 last cipher for the 6th biome for my platinum,

Should I be checking the containment gates ? Even if I've done then before, or if ciphers even spawn in there

No you don't need to do that mate. They don't spawn in there. Have you checked what i mentioned for Biome 6? There are at least 3 people found difficult that i know of.

To help other people and since I really enjoyed this topic , Here are also my contributions. If someone is doing a guide that could be nice if he/she gathers everything: 

I would also add for biome 2, there are two other rare ciphers. One in the first part of the desert when there is a huge building with several floors and few blue teleports on it. the other one is inside the building during the second part which is a room with two circle platforms and one very noticeable vertical red laser. ?

In Biome 3, I had also an issue with log 34, which is very easy to hunt though, since it s obtainable via a blue teleport

You can access this one, jumping on several platforms from the left side of the central area at the beginning. But these platforms on the left rarely spawn... 

The best advice I could give is to do at least every levels twice or three times with good stuffs and equipments, taking all the time needed to be sure the basic collectibles aren’t missed. Only after that, you should speed run across the different levels to get what you have missed. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone. Hope you can help me with my last cipher in Biome 3 for the Platinum trophy.

I’ve done many runs but I believe the one I’m missing is after shooting the blue orb. 

However I don’t seem to see a cipher there. I’ve seen two places where there’s a blue orb, both going up towards activating the bridge.

One is this one which spawns quite often but never seen anything there:

https://ibb.co/p2PgjSF

Then there’s another one a little bit further which a believe is rarer but didn’t see anything there neither. There usually are health items there.

https://ibb.co/dBbtbcT

So should a cipher be there for sure? Doesn’t it always appear? Because I’m certain that’s the one I’m missing and I never collected it. 

Thanks for help and please excuse my English.

Edited by Ferran8r

im struggling with biome 2. says im missing 3 ciphers but i think that's wrong. i believe i got the one where you shoot the ball but im not sure about the hand one. i can't find anything else! also dying in biome 5. done that one numerous times but says im also missing 3 ciphers