F*cking Broken Mess

This "complete" (shit) edition is maybe the worst game I've played from Ubisoft in the past months or maybe years. I'm not even considering if the game "is good" like a lot of people think - I honestly can't understand why; but it's so infuriating broken... 

A lot of people already complained about glitched trophies, forcing the player to delete their save and complete the game 5 other times -_- Mister Chau didn't appear to me after one hour playing different levels, on different difficulties, Nothing! I know it's random, but it seems like I'm looking for a fucking Shiny Pokémon -_-

I'm trying to complete the game under 90 minutes and I can't even finish the game. I had to close the game and replay 3 stages in a row because the game didn't save correctly after a cutscene or it didn't detected I defeated all enemies so I could move on... The final part where we have to complete 4 stages is the worst, specially the final part of the game. I couldn't proceed after defeating the final enemies (because one of the robots explode offscreen) and now, after completing the game, the "Pig" save icon didn't disappear, so the trophy didn't unlock at all. Watched the extended boring credits til the end (cause I couldn't pause) and I got a black screen.

I don't even know now if I can resume my playthrough from stage 7 to the end (the last time it saved) or if the time I spent playing saved and I surpassed the 90 minutes -_-

4 hours ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

The game works fine for me. I got the platinum with little to no issues. The only bad thing was the spotty online but it worked about 80% of the time for me.

If you weren't playing co-op, yes, the game works fine most of the time. I didn't have any issues the first time I played it solo, but this time, after months, I got all these problems. I didn't even had troubles playing online actually, only a lot of times the game crashed on me while saving when I was playing 2P and we had to redo all over again twice.

Dont know if this was the problem, but I used the cheat code for money for both player 1 and 2 (second player being Knives). This way I could level up both characters without that tedious first part of the game. Those stats from player 2 saved on my profile, so I was playing with Knives level 16 from the beginning. 

After deleting my save data and not connecting any second controller (to farm XP), I got the trophy. 

17 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

"Complete (shit) Edition" is funny!

But fuck this game. I didnt even need glitches to have a horrible time, the game itself is just not fun. The praise this game gets makes no sense to me at all.

I thought this was a great beat-em-up style game. I played it on the PS3 so maybe some of it was nostalgia but I liked pretty much every minute that I played.

18 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

If you weren't playing co-op, yes, the game works fine most of the time. I didn't have any issues the first time I played it solo, but this time, after months, I got all these problems. I didn't even had troubles playing online actually, only a lot of times the game crashed on me while saving when I was playing 2P and we had to redo all over again twice.

Dont know if this was the problem, but I used the cheat code for money for both player 1 and 2 (second player being Knives). This way I could level up both characters without that tedious first part of the game. Those stats from player 2 saved on my profile, so I was playing with Knives level 16 from the beginning. 

After deleting my save data and not connecting any second controller (to farm XP), I got the trophy. 

I played the whole game co-op with my girlfriend and had no issues. I was Scott and she was Kim. We beat the whole game in one sitting (about 5 hours) and the game never crashed or had an issue once. I was playing on the PS5 if that matters? But I think this game was great and I got the platinum rather easily. The hardest trophy for me was beating a level with every character online but you can just to the band boss fight which is really short and has like no places to freeze at online.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 1:27 PM, FrostyMcNugs said:

I thought this was a great beat-em-up style game. I played it on the PS3 so maybe some of it was nostalgia but I liked pretty much every minute that I played.

I played the whole game co-op with my girlfriend and had no issues. I was Scott and she was Kim. We beat the whole game in one sitting (about 5 hours) and the game never crashed or had an issue once. I was playing on the PS5 if that matters? But I think this game was great and I got the platinum rather easily. The hardest trophy for me was beating a level with every character online but you can just to the band boss fight which is really short and has like no places to freeze at online.

Nope even on PS5, shit is shit

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 10:08 AM, FrostyMcNugs said:

Worked fine for me.

Me too. I got close with the platinum because I have to defeat Mr. Chau after I beat the third level as well as beating the game with Wallance and eating every food item.

Edited by KristanWoodtail

• 1 month later...