Knives Out

Yes, the bells section is excluded (you can use the gun).  You can always check in the challenges menu. If the knives out challenge says "0" you are still good.

Powerpyx has an excellent guide for the specifics of the knives out requirement.

• Like 2

You can shoot all you want as long as you dont hit any enemy with a gun, you can check how are you doing in the challenge tab once you complete the game once, as long as it stays on 0 you are good, be sure to make multiple save files in case you fuck up somewhere. Also you can use the 3 weapons for this, your standard knife, the karambit one and the lightsaber one

Edited by Elite_Agent_009
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, DeclioDukes said:

Yes, the bells section is excluded (you can use the gun).  You can always check in the challenges menu. If the knives out challenge says "0" you are still good.

Powerpyx has an excellent guide for the specifics of the knives out requirement.

Shit I even looked at their channel. It must have been right in front of me and I missed it. Thanks! ?

SPOILER

The only place I would double check the challenge counter is towards the end where you have to use the laser pointer with Chris 3 times to destroy the tower. Personally I had no issues with it but I know someone who got one weapon usage counted there for no obvious reason, so make sure to check the counter after that particular place in particular.

But as mentioned before you can shoot but not at enemies, without shooting whatsoever the run would not be possible.

1 hour ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

SPOILER

The only place I would double check the challenge counter is towards the end where you have to use the laser pointer with Chris 3 times to destroy the tower. Personally I had no issues with it but I know someone who got one weapon usage counted there for no obvious reason, so make sure to check the counter after that particular place in particular.

But as mentioned before you can shoot but not at enemies, without shooting whatsoever the run would not be possible.

I had same problem I used the pointer 3 times and i checked stats and it said I done 2 kills so had to reload previous save.

2 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

SPOILER

I had that problem, though it only appeared during the boss fight in that section (Dude with the mace) luckily a simple restart fixed it.

2 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

SPOILER

Di you know if u can shoot goats or animals?? Should be ok right as they are not considered enemies i dont think? 

12 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

You can use the guns as often as you like as long as you don't kill an actual enemy with it i tested it on animals and it was fine.

Thats awesome

You got get tonnes of CP I think from doing the knifes out run as well

With the right guide, im thinking its possibpe to do Knifes Out, Speedrun, 100% and perhaps No Heals on 1st play

Imagine the amount of CP you woupd get. Only problem is Lei, im hoping there is a good grinding spot though

Thanks for letting me know m8

Edited by Optinooby

33 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Thats awesome

With the right guide, im thinking its possibpe to do Knifes Out, Speedrun, 100% and perhaps No Heals on 1st play

Imagine the amount of CP you woupd get. Only problem is Lei, im hoping there is a good grinding spot though

You would be best splitting it into more runs or you will be doing some runs just for cash i think as you can't grind Lei so multiple runs is the only way.

Does anyone else have issues with the Knives Out trophy not unlocking? It shows up on the challenge list as completed and I did get the screenshot and video of it popping up, but when I look at the trophy list it still says locked. 

7 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

You would be best splitting it into more runs or you will be doing some runs just for cash i think as you can't grind Lei so multiple runs is the only way.

It may be possible to grind it on some of the ambush sequences more I am yet to experiment with those, I have barely started the game, spent 3 hours on first ambush experimenting

13 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Thats awesome

Yes you can, and you can even get the no crafting and spend less that 10.000 lei trophies. You have to manage your time a little bit, but it is quite doable.

On 5/10/2021 at 4:47 AM, Vladicarus- said:

I had that problem, though it only appeared during the boss fight in that section (Dude with the mace) luckily a simple restart fixed it.

Can the mace bloke even be defeated with only the knife? I chopped at him for at least five minutes and he just would not go down. Finally gave in and used the pointer and it registered it as two kills.

6 minutes ago, droppingtherock said:

Can the mace bloke even be defeated with only the knife? I chopped at him for at least five minutes and he just would not go down. Finally gave in and used the pointer and it registered it as two kills.

Yes u can. Its a long fight just keep at it 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, droppingtherock said:

Haven't done it myself yet, but I read it takes about 15 minutes.