Should I get this game?

I'm playing on ps3. Had no problems, besides one time i glitched the game while destroying everything while driving a tank. I pushed the game to its limits, everything went black and i have to kill myself with a grenade to respawn.
I'm 75% on my way to get the platinum.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Snip.

You can never have enough San Andreas!

The PS4 version is a direct PS2 port, PS3 is a port from the iOS version. Its not unplayable by any means and looks sharper (to a fault) than the PS2 port but it does have a few annoyances, the jumping is a little contextual for some reason which can be a pain and the timing is a little off in the Low Rider sequence (theres a few threads about it being really finicky to get a good score on) thats things i can remember bothering me but its not all bad, just not the same as the original.

PS unless you can get it for a good price, stay away from the physical copy. It got a very limited run and can be very pricey in most regions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

The PS4 version is a direct PS2 port, PS3 is a port from the iOS version. Its not unplayable by any means and looks sharper (to a fault) than the PS2 port but it does have a few annoyances, the jumping is a little contextual for some reason which can be a pain and the timing is a little off in the Low Rider sequence (theres a few threads about it being really finicky to get a good score on) thats things i can remember bothering me but its not all bad, just not the same as the original.

PS unless you can get it for a good price, stay away from the physical copy. It got a very limited run and can be very pricey in most regions.

In the UK it's still quite cheap, on eBay it's below £20 for new or used ones.

Still an interesting one to try i reckon, i never did but probably would if i could.

Definitely get the physical version if you care for such thing, it comes with a map too and the manual updated to PS3 controls.

As a game though I can't recommend it. It's ugly as hell and has multiple issues. Radio basically restarts the song you're listening to every time you leave your car, textures are all over i.e. the head textures are updated but body is not and you can see the seems. Missions glitch a lot, I remember I had to do one mission in the desert multiple times because the game softlocked constantly. And there was something about either shotguns or the semi automatic rifle where the damage was off or something like that. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 4:45 PM, saiyanbloodstyle said:

If you have it on PS4 why would you get it on PS3?

If you want it on PS3 you could always buy the PS3 version on disc, people say it's not as good as the orignal but personally never tried it.

Stack

I'd stack any GTA game but this one, I heard is unplayable

Except GTA IV, the online grind, sheeeeeesh

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/14/2021 at 11:26 PM, TOAST13TOA5T said:

I managed to get a physical one for 25 bucks. It's not cheap but at the same time it's not extremely expensive.

I bought it physical for mainly 2 reasons:

1 - I own it, that copy is mine, if my account ever gets banned, I will still own the game and be able to play it.

2 - I have all the other GTAs for PS3 on physical (IV, Episodes From Liberty City and V).

On 9/10/2021 at 0:26 PM, JWill_55 said:

So wait .. what’s the consensus here? Ps3 digital or physical ? I want to do it for the set but to not have the painful struggles. I’ve read mixed reviews. PS4 was pretty good. 

Idk, I suppose both versions are the same, but however you manage to get it, the game's worth it. It's not bad, even tho some stuff are worse than the PS2 version, but considering I only played this version I can tell it's good and I definitely enjoyed it.

GTA SA is probably my favourite game of all time, but even I’d say avoid the PS3 version if you already have the PS4 version. PS3 is a port of the mobile version, whereas PS4 is a port of the original PS2 version. The PS3 version isn’t unplayable from what I understand (though admittedly I did play this version of the game on the Xbox not PlayStation) but I found it to be far more glitchy than other ports of the game. Also with this port of the game, one of the achievements glitched on me (complete a vehicle school) so I was locked out of the 100%, so if you purely want it to stack I’d double check none of the trophies are buggy otherwise it’s a waste of time. 

On 10/11/2021 at 11:11 PM, hittheroadbucky said:

GTA SA is probably my favourite game of all time, but even I’d say avoid the PS3 version if you already have the PS4 version. PS3 is a port of the mobile version, whereas PS4 is a port of the original PS2 version. The PS3 version isn’t unplayable from what I understand (though admittedly I did play this version of the game on the Xbox not PlayStation) but I found it to be far more glitchy than other ports of the game. Also with this port of the game, one of the achievements glitched on me (complete a vehicle school) so I was locked out of the 100%, so if you purely want it to stack I’d double check none of the trophies are buggy otherwise it’s a waste of time. 

I bought this years ago when it came out and was so glitchy on my ps3. Tried it multiple times and would just kick me out of the game. Decided to give it an another go last week but on a super slim ps3 as my disc drive broke on my slim a while ago and swspped pkaystations and it played perfectly. I played it on 2 different slim's and had a problem which I find weird. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...