Mostwantedtbest

Should I get this game?

8 posts in this topic

I have the PS4 version of this game already and I was wondering should I get the PS3 version? I heard some things about this game being unplayable but did they patch all those issues?

I'm playing on ps3. Had no problems, besides one time i glitched the game while destroying everything while driving a tank. I pushed the game to its limits, everything went black and i have to kill myself with a grenade to respawn.
I'm 75% on my way to get the platinum.

If you have it on PS4 why would you get it on PS3?

If you want it on PS3 you could always buy the PS3 version on disc, people say it's not as good as the orignal but personally never tried it.

31 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Snip.

You can never have enough San Andreas!

The PS4 version is a direct PS2 port, PS3 is a port from the iOS version. Its not unplayable by any means and looks sharper (to a fault) than the PS2 port but it does have a few annoyances, the jumping is a little contextual for some reason which can be a pain and the timing is a little off in the Low Rider sequence (theres a few threads about it being really finicky to get a good score on) thats things i can remember bothering me but its not all bad, just not the same as the original.

PS unless you can get it for a good price, stay away from the physical copy. It got a very limited run and can be very pricey in most regions.

16 hours ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

You can never have enough San Andreas!

The PS4 version is a direct PS2 port, PS3 is a port from the iOS version. Its not unplayable by any means and looks sharper (to a fault) than the PS2 port but it does have a few annoyances, the jumping is a little contextual for some reason which can be a pain and the timing is a little off in the Low Rider sequence (theres a few threads about it being really finicky to get a good score on) thats things i can remember bothering me but its not all bad, just not the same as the original.

PS unless you can get it for a good price, stay away from the physical copy. It got a very limited run and can be very pricey in most regions.

In the UK it's still quite cheap, on eBay it's below £20 for new or used ones.

Still an interesting one to try i reckon, i never did but probably would if i could.

Definitely get the physical version if you care for such thing, it comes with a map too and the manual updated to PS3 controls.

As a game though I can't recommend it. It's ugly as hell and has multiple issues. Radio basically restarts the song you're listening to every time you leave your car, textures are all over i.e. the head textures are updated but body is not and you can see the seems. Missions glitch a lot, I remember I had to do one mission in the desert multiple times because the game softlocked constantly. And there was something about either shotguns or the semi automatic rifle where the damage was off or something like that. 

On 5/14/2021 at 4:45 PM, saiyanbloodstyle said:

If you have it on PS4 why would you get it on PS3?

If you want it on PS3 you could always buy the PS3 version on disc, people say it's not as good as the orignal but personally never tried it.

Stack

I'd stack any GTA game but this one, I heard is unplayable

Except GTA IV, the online grind, sheeeeeesh

So wait .. what’s the consensus here? Ps3 digital or physical ? I want to do it for the set but to not have the painful struggles. I’ve read mixed reviews. PS4 was pretty good. 

Edited by JWill_55