Mapmatician stuck at 98%/not unlocking.

I’m on my third playthrough of this game, and this trophy still hasn’t unlocked when it was supposed to

Spoiler

in the Chris village section.

I have gone to all 4 “missable” locations according to the PowerPyx (The two hidden locations accessible by boat, Moreau’s Clinic and the sawmill before the stronghold.) What could I be missing? The in game challenge counter is at 98%. 

I’m starting to become pretty frustrated at this.

Edited by arcanehornet_

3 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

I’m on my third playthrough of this game, and this trophy still hasn’t unlocked when it was supposed to

Reveal hidden contents

in the Chris village section.

I have gone to all 4 “missable” locations according to the PowerPyx (The two hidden locations accessible by boat, Moreau’s Clinic and the sawmill before the stronghold.) What could I be missing? The in game challenge counter is at 98%. 

I’m starting to become pretty frustrated at this.

Hmmm. There must band area somewhere so small that you haven’t uncovered. Have you tried looking at a fully completed map and going over it in detail to make sure it looks the exact same? Also, did you wait until near the end of the game for it to unlock?

I actually missed out on this trophy the first time around. But on my second playthrough I went to the hidden area using the boat. The area is where you get the trophy for setting the enemy on fire. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

Hmmm. There must band area somewhere so small that you haven’t uncovered. Have you tried looking at a fully completed map and going over it in detail to make sure it looks the exact same? Also, did you wait until near the end of the game for it to unlock?

I actually missed out on this trophy the first time around. But on my second playthrough I went to the hidden area using the boat. The area is where you get the trophy for setting the enemy on fire. 

On your second playthrough, did you also go to the luthier’s house in the village?

@arcanehornet_

yeah I went to all the house’s and got every item possible.  But I think I know where you went wrong.  It’s just my guess.  

At the very bottom of the factory (NO SPOILERS) is a large area and I think you need to hit all sides of that map to get the trophy.  I remember when I did it, the map was still foggy until I walked the entire area.  That could be it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

On your second playthrough, did you also go to the luthier’s house in the village?

I think i went down there but i never went in the house because i didn’t have the key. If i was you i’d load up a save game just before you go into the factory and compare your map to a completed map. If one part is a little bit foggier then go there. 

The trophy normally pops once u get to the lookout spot using chris at end of game. Have u tried scrolling through basements etc on the map screen to see if ur missing any building u werent in? Not sure if that counts or not. 

Did u go to the rare fish pond after taking boat to southern river point where u find chris redfileds computer? 

Edited by IvoryRose88

Did you go to the HIGHLY MISSABLE fishing spot in the Moreau section, the one just AFTER you leave the boat to go to the Windmill?? 

There is a secret area down a well as well which you reach via the boat... 

Ive been trying to keep track off my map tracker to be sure what counts but i keep forgetting to check

Edited by Optinooby

I'm 90% sure you missed one of places you visit by boat. 

Did you go down the well outside of castle? When you co for the trophy of setting enemy on fire you can also go down the ladder in the well behind old house. You may have missed that. Or one of boat stops, did you get the finest fish?

Alright guys, I got the trophy on my last playthrough. Here’s what I did:

-I went to all houses and turned them red at least (not sure if this is required but I did it anyway)

-i went to the hidden crank area after the Morau section (near the windmill)

-I went to the Riverbank Treasure House where you get the Medium Rare trophy. (By boat)

-I went to the cave where you find a computer with a collectible on it. (By boat)

-I went to the sawmill just before the stronghold.

-AND I also went to the finest fish location near the cave as well. This might be the location I missed.

When I entered the factory, I had 96% on my challenge tracker for this trophy. If it shows 96% at that point you’ll get the trophy at the beginning of the Chris section.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 1:29 AM, arcanehornet_ said:

Alright guys, I got the trophy on my last playthrough. Here’s what I did:

-I went to all houses and turned them red at least (not sure if this is required but I did it anyway)

-i went to the hidden crank area after the Morau section (near the windmill)

-I went to the Riverbank Treasure House where you get the Medium Rare trophy. (By boat)

-I went to the cave where you find a computer with a collectible on it. (By boat)

-I went to the sawmill just before the stronghold.

-AND I also went to the finest fish location near the cave as well. This might be the location I missed.

When I entered the factory, I had 96% on my challenge tracker for this trophy. If it shows 96% at that point you’ll get the trophy at the beginning of the Chris section.

So, I have 96% when entering the factory before Heisenberg tells me about his plan but after that getting to Chris only gets me to 98%. I have played through this game 5 times trying to figure out what I am missing and I have done everything to a T even followed guides to help but it still won't unlock.

8 hours ago, AlexWithToast said:

So, I have 96% when entering the factory before Heisenberg tells me about his plan but after that getting to Chris only gets me to 98%. I have played through this game 5 times trying to figure out what I am missing and I have done everything to a T even followed guides to help but it still won't unlock.

Are u going into the cave via the well which u reach via the boat?? How about the part in Moreaus section with the 2 fish and large crystal on the wall?? 

The guides may not not help as much as they dont mention everywhere. 

There is aslo the chance that some spots count, but dont appear to. The map tracker seems to go up in 2% each time, so if somewhere counts as 1%, it may not show. 

You need to explore EVERYWHERE on the main map, nooks and crannies, everything to be save

Maybe you missed Heisenberg's Quarters, because if you followed PowerPyx guide for all collectibles, it dosen't lead you there because there is no collectible in that section, only 1 part of treasure to combine with the other one (forgot its name)