Performance on PS5

ArtMontef

Hey guys, 

Did anyone else notice the abysmal amount of pop-in textures in PS5 version? The game runs buttersmooth framerate for me, but the textures sometimes are driving me mad. So often I see something out of corner of my eye and think it's an enemy, but it turns out to be just bush or something loading in. I noticed it only in the village itself, I haven't had much problems in smaller enclosed areas

I’m assuming you play with Ray Tracing on, I also have seen the very slightest bit of pop-in at times, and this can only be because the game runs at 4K (checkerboard) with a target of 60fps and with Ray Tracing. I haven’t tested this or researched it myself, but maybe disabling Ray Tracing from the main menu would help solve that issue. 

I have not had that issue at all. Did you check your tv's input/output? There's no lag, there's no pop-in textures or anything on mine. Runs smoothly, graphics are sharp, crisp and on point. I would try checking the PS5 input and output and the tv to make sure it is calibrated 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Radford999 said:

Does anyone notice the terrible input lag? The camera feels so clunky and sluggish. It’s just not smooth at all. 

Disable camera and aim accelaration, lag should be solved.

On 5/10/2021 at 0:59 PM, Forunth said:

Hey guys, 

Did anyone else notice the abysmal amount of pop-in textures in PS5 version? The game runs buttersmooth framerate for me, but the textures sometimes are driving me mad. So often I see something out of corner of my eye and think it's an enemy, but it turns out to be just bush or something loading in. I noticed it only in the village itself, I haven't had much problems in smaller enclosed areas

It really is the short draw distance, textures load super fast, but the game requires you to get really close to load some stuff (you can see this by walking back and foward again). It's the same on Series X by the way. Returnal has a very short draw distance for some stuff as well, but the pop in in more subtle there.

5 hours ago, Radford999 said:

Does anyone notice the terrible input lag? The camera feels so clunky and sluggish. It’s just not smooth at all. 

Disable the movement and aiming acceleration options in camera settings. Plays much better that way.

yeah I notice the popping up with the PS5 version, I don't have a PS5 mind you I was just watching a guide of the trophy that required you to push an enemy away from you after blocking it's attack and they done it at the very first Lycan that will bite your fingers off, and the moment the fight started I noticed the carpet hanging to dried at the right of the screen entirely was having a ps2-ish texture and fully popped up with the higher texture, I mimic the exact same stuff on the video on the ps4 version and the carpet is there at full texture no popping up.

whether the ps5 version need a graphical update patch or I bet it's something to do with the RTX when turned on will caused other area to go haywire.

Edited by yellowwindow7

On 5/10/2021 at 5:59 PM, Forunth said:

Hey guys, 

The problem is that people still believes and thinks that this is a next gen game with a downgrade for PS4.

NOPE. It is a developed and optimized game FOR PS4. And it has some improvements for PS4 Pro and even more for PS5. But this is a last gen game.

Guys, do not expect real next gen games, we will have some of course, till 2022-23.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stiviwonderstif said:

The problem is that people still believes and thinks that this is a next gen game with a downgrade for PS4.

NOPE. It is a developed and optimized game FOR PS4. And it has some improvements for PS4 Pro and even more for PS5. But this is a last gen game.

Guys, do not expect real next gen games, we will have some of course, till 2022-23.

Yeah, I did not expect next gen game. I have no idea what made you think that.

As someone above said, it's the draw distance issue. You can move around the village and literally see stuff load in. When going from the duke towards ceremony site I could literally see stairs appear in the distance :D. 

I just wondered if there is some issue with ps5 version. But I did what someone suggested and turned off raytracing, and stuff loading in seems less noticeable I think. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I think it helped. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Old thread but my question fits here.

Is RE8 as dark as 7? I don't mean story wise, but visually. I'm going through 7 now and I feel like I'm walking around in pure blackout sometimes, even fiddling with things. Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying it but I'm curious if 8 is similar. ?

Edited by Skurkitty

18 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Is RE8 as dark as 7? I don't mean story wise, but visually. I'm going through 7 now and I feel like I'm walking around in pure blackout sometimes, even fiddling with things. Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying it but I'm curious if 8 is similar. 1f914.png

Nah, most of the game is not as dark as RE7, the enviroments are much bigger, and bigger chunk of the game takes place during the day. The last lords area takes place underground with smaller areas, but I think it's pretty decently lit IMO, definitely didn't notice any issues with this game on that part

• 3 months later...
On 1/3/2022 at 2:25 PM, Skurkitty said:

Is RE8 as dark as 7? I don't mean story wise, but visually. I'm going through 7 now and I feel like I'm walking around in pure blackout sometimes, even fiddling with things. Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying it but I'm curious if 8 is similar. 1f914.png

I find it is dark when I first startup.

I don't think it applies brightness settings properly.

I find if I go into options and select the brightness option, click through that, it will apply and fix the darkness issue.