Have you ever fallen in love with someone through gaming?

PalaceOfLove706

Not with video game characters, but with someone you played games with, and your connection through gaming stimulated your interest in them. Actually seeing their face in real/virtual life before the love hit your heart is not mandatory, even if a little bit strange. 

If comfortable, share your story of (possibly unrequited) love. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Nope, but I know a shockingly large number of people who left spouses (and children) for someone they met in gaming, that all eventually met someone new and moved on again.

Yeah, that could be another thread on its own. The impact of gaming on relationships...

I've dated 1 girl that I met on Minecraft years ago. We had met each other when we were around 13/14 & started dating when we were around 16/17. We used to video chat a lot & just chill & play minecraft. But as the adult years approached us & she was heavily focusing on trying to go to college we ended up splitting up on good terms. I haven't spoken to her in a long time since we've since fallen out of contact but to this day I still hope she's doing well

• Like 1

there was a chat that I used in the ps3 era, two people who met there ended up dating and are still together today, I know because I have both added on social media and them post pictures together and all that. funny to think that it’s been almost a decade since.

2 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

They could be anyone. Telling you anything. Using someone else's pictures. It's not something I'd do.

not if you know this person by video, the chances of that happening are reduced

6 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Nothing stopping them from lying and treating it like a game. Women like to lead on thirsty boy gamers. The chances of anything real aren't high.

It sounds like you've had a bad experience, but try not to make a sweeping generalization there as not all women do that.

• Like 3

Only recently I started falling in love with someone through Final Fantasy XIV. I met her in the Ul'dah city state, I was playing music on my Bard using Bard Music Player and she's mocked me for it lol I teleported to Limsa and she said I ran away, I told her to come find me and she said "I'm not a dog! I can't sniff you out!!!", after that we had a bit of a back and forth, not too long after that she dm'd me saying she was in my house, after that we...had a little session, that's all I'm saying. Since that day in February we've spent a lot of time together, we do everything together in game, speak all the time on Discord, I love her. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

I met my husband through a PSNP boosting session.  It was through my old account, I was running Uncharted 3 boosts to get all the trophies done - we spent a lot of time on Hunter Arena trying to get those last treasures to drop.  We really clicked and after that we played co-op on other games (Portal 2, Borderlands 2, LBP2) and helped each other with some other MP trophies (Assassin's Creed)  We'd chat on Skype most days, both text and voice/video chat.

Ended up meeting in person, falling in love, got married and I moved from the UK to USA to spend the rest of my life with him ^_^  We've been married 6 years.  We were both early 30's when we met and were both single, so no issues like what Daiv mentioned.

I swapped accounts mainly due to moving regions, but have a lot of amazing memories on my old account from the times we were long distance and played together.  Now we game side-by-side and can see each others screens :D

I LOVE this story <3 Gaming is so much more then "wasting time in front of a screen" :) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Nothing stopping them from lying and treating it like a game. Women like to lead on thirsty boy gamers. The chances of anything real aren't high.

Thats why I said that the chances are reduced, a larp of this level would be of enormous effort and sadism, moreover something similar can happen in real life too lol so whatever

I had a very brief relationship with a girl I met through an MMO in my very early teens. Then there was a guy I dated for a bit, also around that time, who I met through a TF2 "healers against halos" steam group; he later broke up with me because I spawn camped him in TF2. (Worth it.)

Besides that, I suppose because I'm pretty selective with who I interact with these days, I haven't met anybody through games since, although playing games together is one of the major ways I spend quality time with partners.

• Like 2

Thanks for your wonderful stories and humour, they make me smile. 

To be honest, I posted this thread as a break from the more political us vs. them threads I’ve been a part of lately.

Nice to see that gaming can be even more than fun and community, but may shape the rest of our lives.

• Like 3

I don't know for other people but i fell in love with that totally stranger player that helped me on Journey trophy, finish the game with a friend something like that

What a game, what a feeling completing that masterpiece...

Five years ago..

I still regret not sending her message... 

• Like 1