Have you ever fallen in love with someone through gaming?

PalaceOfLove706

yep, fell in love with my wife through gaming...just after we first met she came over while I was playing xbox.

me: "wanna play?"

her: "nope"

I knew she was the one right then...

side note: at first, I thought it was the xbox so I got a ps2..."nope" again...wii..."nope"...haha...

• Like 2

Not love but in 2016 I connected with someone who lived in my city, through Journey. She first accompanied me from the bridge right to the end then helped me get (I forgot the official name for it) my white robes. After some messaging I found out she was seven years older than me (so she was in her 20s) and lived in the same city. We met for coffee near my university and one thing led to another. The relationship never went too far because of our schedules, I was focusing on a challenging year in academia; hers was work which left most of the time, the weekends to travel and meet...on top of everything else we wanted to catch up with in life. It ended within five months after a mutual agreement. We still talk from time to time, content with being mates.

My only regret is that I lost the save file for the white robes haha. Too lazy to get it back cuz I'd rather focus on my current plat runs and backlog.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, HaserPL said:

When I was a teenager, I was falling in love every couple of weeks while playing WoW or Metin2 lol. Good old times. I wonder how many of my love interests were actually guys before mutation though.

21 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I met my husband through a PSNP boosting session.  It was through my old account, I was running Uncharted 3 boosts to get all the trophies done - we spent a lot of time on Hunter Arena trying to get those last treasures to drop.  We really clicked and after that we played co-op on other games (Portal 2, Borderlands 2, LBP2) and helped each other with some other MP trophies (Assassin's Creed)  We'd chat on Skype most days, both text and voice/video chat.

Ended up meeting in person, falling in love, got married and I moved from the UK to USA to spend the rest of my life with him ^_^  We've been married 6 years.  We were both early 30's when we met and were both single, so no issues like what Daiv mentioned.

I swapped accounts mainly due to moving regions, but have a lot of amazing memories on my old account from the times we were long distance and played together.  Now we game side-by-side and can see each others screens :D

That is really cool. Glad it worked out so well

• Like 4

I didn't meet my partner through a game, but our general interest in games has deepened our bond over the years. His interests lead me to enjoy the lore of Warcraft and Elder Scrolls. My interest in the older generations of gaming has introduced him to an entire range of retro games he would have enjoyed at release had he known they existed. This has lead to a lot of further sharing of interests, and not just of games, over the last decade.

On 5/10/2021 at 10:03 AM, DaivRules said:

Nope, but I know a shockingly large number of people who left spouses (and children) for someone they met in gaming, that all eventually met someone new and moved on again.

If you like documentaries, there is a topic relevant one about Second Life, called Life 2.0. This is the story for two of the people it follows, they met in Second Life, ended up leaving their families to start a new relationship, it goes south in under a week.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 11:54 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I can't imagine a situation where I would ever date someone I meet over PSN. I don't voice chat much, and I'm just way too much of a skeptic. 

Kudos to those who do and works out for them. Chances of it working out are pretty slim I'd imagine.

I'm the same. I used to voice chat back in the day on Skype but had one too many bad incidents. I've gone and used voice chat when I watched certain livestreamers because I enjoyed watching them and they had a private voice chat group that I decided to join up.

But I wouldn't ever date someone over PSN. All of the girls I had in my life were not interested in gaming, let alone trophy hunting. I'm the only "serious gamer" that I know personally. Everybody else is a casual gamer that doesn't play all too often.

• Like 2

I had met someone through Overwatch. It was an interesting encounter, as we both treated each other as mere playing buddies (as we were on opposite sides), only after 2 hours our actions went to loving. Although we stopped after a year or so, I had a good time with them. However, I do not want the same thing to happen again.

• Like 1

I envy the gamers these days who can meet a partner who also enjoys gaming. One of the strongest and most important things in a relationship is being able to enjoy hobbies together. Most don't and its a shame. So if you can meet your future fella/missus and enjoy gaming together thats f**king awesome. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I met my actual Girlfriend through Trophy Hunting?back in 2019, she was allready on my Friendslist and finished just 2 or 3 Days before me Days Gone i saw this scrollin through the activity feed and a just ask her about mylast Trophy normally i use a Guide but not this Time?we wrote, met , fall in Love and we are still a couple thats the Story 

We didn't meet through gaming, but we certainly bonded through it. We played an MMO together for years, Fiesta Online, even got married in the game, and we both started falling for each other over the years. 15 years later we're now engaged and I couldn't ask for a more awesome lady in my life. We still game daily together, but we've moved on to Overwatch and Dead by Daylight from MMOs.

• Like 2

I met my husband at the animal shelter when I was in an animal rescue team and he was part of an event there.

After adding each other on facebook, he saw that I play videogames. Shortly after he asked me if I played Diablo3 already, I agreed, and he asked me if it would be possible to borrow him the disc for ps4 to try it out on console. I said yes and thats when we started to get in touch with each other.

About two months later, we had our first kiss and fell in love.

After some time, he told me, that he never needed my Diablo-Disc because he already had his own disc at home, but he wanted to meet me again.

Well played.

I wasn't even searching for a man at this time.

We got married last year after 5 years of relationship, built a house in 2019 and we hopefully become amazing parents in the near future.

Edited by I-CatHasTrophy-I
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...

Never, one girl I played League of Legends with had me very interested for a while but I never fell in love.

It might be because I am already so broken.

I have been deeply in love twice out of the six serious relationships I have been in.

the first one where she cruelly crushed my heart because I had lots of jealousy problems at the time ( Will not go into detail )

and my fourth where we mutually agreed to split because we had “lost interest” only for me to realize 6 months later she truly was the second love of my life. Now she is just a memory of the past.

Now 2 years later I sit all alone with deep depression accepting I might never find someone I love again. 

I am usually okay because I suppress my pain with video games and YouTube all day. 

But at least once a month the loneliness becomes overwhelming and I find myself sitting in a corner crying for hours?

Me, no.  But a guy at work had his wife cheat on him with someone she met on Xbox.  He found out, and then she fessed up.  Apparently met the dude on Xbox and said he was her soulmate.  Then the running joke at work became everyone telling him that he should've bought a PS4.