New Account Bugged Everything

KingCuervo88

I decided to make an AS account to get even more Platinums... which depending on who you ask makes me a garbage pile of a human who's not a real gamer and should yeet myself into the sun... but ever since I did, EVERY time I load up a game, it will crash and log me out of the PS4 completely and unfortunately glitch trophies to where I have to delete my entire save data and restart just to get a trophy to unlock... not a big deal for the small easy games but if that happens for a game where you spend hours and hours going for it and it doesn't pop... that's a big no no... anyone else have this issue? if i gotta delete the AS account then that's fine, and I've already rebuilt the data base.. I really dont want to spend 200 hours in a game and then not have a trophy pop because my playstation is being a weenie

1 hour ago, KingCuervo88 said:

it will crash and log me out of the PS4 completely and unfortunately glitch trophies to where I have to delete my entire save data and restart just to get a trophy to unlock

The user profile is corrupt. Delete it and re-create the account with the login you created originally.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Helyx said:

The user profile is corrupt. Delete it and re-create the account with the login you created originally for the AS profile.

^This

Sadly it's a fairly common issue on PS4. I had this happen to me randomly after starting a new game nearly 2 years ago now, and I only have my one account/profile on there.

I managed to fix it after coming across a very helpful post on the other trophy website.

Keep in mind you will essentially be soft factory resetting your PS4, so you'll lose all saves, screenshots, videos, etc. tied to the profile you'll be deleting, so make sure to back those up to a USB stick beforehand (or PS Plus for the saves). Downloaded/installed games won't be deleted, but any folders you have will, and some settings may also reset themselves.

58 minutes ago, Helyx said:

The user profile is corrupt. Delete it and re-create the account with the login you created originally for the AS profile.

big sads... makes me want to buy/download what games i have on my list and then delete it forever... not worth... do regret.. save money... heckin up my normal disc games 

46 minutes ago, KingCuervo88 said:

big sads... makes me want to buy/download what games i have on my list and then delete it forever... not worth... do regret.. save money... heckin up my normal disc games 

It's not a major deal. Removing the profile will delete the save files (you can back up to Cloud or USB) and trophy images (can also be backed up to a USB) as well as reset any folders you use to organize games.

Other than that, all the games (and any installed updates/DLCs) will remain intact. I had to do this earlier this year and it was more of an annoyance than a setback.

EDIT: To clarify, the account that needs to be deleted is whichever account is getting the error, not the other region account (AS in this case).

Edited by Helyx

7 minutes ago, Helyx said:

It's not a major deal. Removing the profile will delete the save files (you can back up to Cloud or USB) and trophy images (can also be backed up to a USB) as well as reset any folders you use to organize games.

Other than that, all the games (and any installed updates/DLCs) will remain intact. I had to do this earlier this year and it was more of an annoyance than a setback.

EDIT: To clarify, the account that needs to be deleted is whichever account is getting the error, not the other region account (AS in this case).

thanks.... i knew being a trophy hunter would somehow bite me in the ass at some point... should have become an over the top youtube reactor or pokemon card opener... maybe even hot tub streamer

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 6:47 PM, Helyx said:

happy to report everything is back to normal so... thank you very much... got my 600 and am now on towards 700... weee