BF4 deleted my campaign save data?

caastmaaster_89

I bought BF4 on sale back in April and have been going back and forth between the single-player and the multiplayer over the past month. I've been sort of busy recently and hadn't actually hopped into the single-player for a couple of weeks (I was on mission 6 and had earned many of the weapons / assignments / collectibles along the way), and last night when I opened it up again to continue where I left off it made me restart the campaign from the beginning as if I had never even played it. Never encountered a glitch like this in a Battlefield / FPS game before. I'm sure it wasn't a case of me wiping over my save data or anything like that, so it was pretty surprising to discover this. Not the end of the world or anything, as I would've had to replay most of those missions anyway in order to get everything I need for the platinum, but nonetheless a bizarre glitch that I was wondering if anyone else here has heard of or experienced themselves on BF4.

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, EscapeTheMatrix_ said:

Im having a hard time figuring out how to save a file on ps5, does anyone know how?

Settings-application saved data management-ps5-upload.

You can also press options and upload from there like a PS4.

Also, for ps5 versions of games the system has auto sync so your data will be automatically synced with the server when you close the game. This feature is disabled when you do a manual upload or you can turn it off in the settings for either individual games or globally. 

Finally, you can make a USB backup for PS4 games but you cannot export a PS5 save file to USB.

I had this happen to me years ago also. It used to happen when i stopped playing the campaign for the multiplayer part of the game. (Tested three times after research)

Finish the campaign before you play multiplayer is my advice. Weird this hasn't been patched after 7 years.

Edited by Milkyray
Spelling
  • Like 2