I give up - let me know if they patch something

Valkirye22

12 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

So I've scoured every tip thread, youtube video, and ultimately spent the last around 20 hours grinding at the damn glyphs/logs. Most of it on Biomes 1-3 but given that I've got between 90 and 99% on every biome even the 4-6 ones I figured what I'm missing are some rooms with worse spawn chances than premium players in EA football lootboxes. I think I'll run into Scout log 9 on my commute to work prior to finding it in game.

This game simply does not have the content or basic replayability for a 100 hours of this. (this part is a rant) - the requirement for a platinum in this game is spend way more time here than our game deserves because of the screwed RNG and press :triangle: if you sacrificed your firstborn to RNJesus. They could have made speedrun trophies, beating bosses with starting weapons, beating biomes without taking damage... anything. Unless the point of the game was to make you feel the suffering Selene does by repeating the same tedious things over and over again with no new weapons, no new items, enemies, progression etc. nothing past ACT 3 I don't get the joke.

Also special thanks to the hero/sadist in Housemarque that decided that collectibles will be red-glowing alien writing, in a red desert, with slightly less red alien writing all over the walls, and red-glowing fauna in every corner.

If at any point they patch something to make missing rooms more likely to appear for players that have finished everything please let me know.

My time to game is limited and while my platinum-before-moving-on pride will get hurt I feel Vaas from Far Cry 3 explaining insanity in my head every time I reset the cycle for Biome 1 by now.

I feel your pain. My advice would be to just try for 1-2 hours every day and then do something else. This way you will eventually get it and won't spend all day on it. Just a few runs every day.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Where's that genius who said the game is easy as fuck and short as well? 

yeah sadly you cnat trust guides anymore either I am stuck on a game as well they said it was a 3 that is bullcrap its an high 8 or low 9

asside from 3 grinding trophies I cnat get more either (drive girls)

and this is happening more and more guides just being way off with difficulty

• Like 1

Same here, I'm currently ~20 hours in, had all trophies except ACT 1 trophy (glitched on me) and survey trophy (missing 3 logs and 3 ciphers across 5 biomes). I guess I have to spend another 30-40 hours based on what I've read from other posts. I want to spend these time on something more meaningful than this pointless grind.

29 minutes ago, Kill-MC-Mildred said:

I haven't found a single sun fragment yet and I've spent the last 4/5 days going through the whole of act 1 each time... 

Feel like I'm missing something

I think you have to beat ACT 2 and watched all other (5?) house sequence before sun fragments starting to spawn

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bri11iant_Y said:

Same here, I'm currently ~20 hours in, had all trophies except ACT 1 trophy (glitched on me) and survey trophy (missing 3 logs and 3 ciphers across 5 biomes). I guess I have to spend another 30-40 hours based on what I've read from other posts. I want to spend these time on something more meaningful than this pointless grind.

I was at the exact same spot on my 20 hour mark, done with the story only had some issues with Fragment 6 and ACT3 trophy but that got sorted while simultaneously grinding 4-6. 

From that point onward I've spent some 20 hours on this truly pointless grind for the return of 1 glyph on Biomes 1 and 2, and 1 glyph and log on Biome 3.

20 hours honestly wasted (I don't feel like this when chasing platinums) for the total of 5 Biomes with 93-95-99%.. completion and a knot in my stomach after the final 8 or so hours during two days solely on 1-3 with nothing to show for it.

I don't agree when others paint this game as 1/10 because of this, because it's a solid and fun game (for the story duration plus a few replays while you are still getting better and better - read 20 hrs). I don't agree with them but I completely understand them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

20 hours honestly wasted

I strongly agree with a statement posted in another thread, basically saying that all this grind leads to ZERO progression, you don't unlock anything

Imagine spending this 20 hours in RE8 or even Wreckfest for a easy plat

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

Also special thanks to the hero/sadist in Housemarque that decided that collectibles will be red-glowing alien writing, in a red desert, with slightly less red alien writing all over the walls, and red-glowing fauna in every corner.

ummmm the ciphers are literally marked on your map? They are impossible to miss and couldn’t be easier to find. They are marked as triangles on your map (including the mini map) you dont even have to look for them or open up a menu to find them. Also scout log 9 shows up after using the machine that brings you back for the first time?? I feel your pain but also feel like you might be making things more difficult on yourself. So far I haven’t had any issues with the game and it’s collectibles ??‍♂️ 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, J_S_R_C_N said:

ummmm the ciphers are literally marked on your map? They are impossible to miss and couldn’t be easier to find. They are marked as triangles on your map (including the mini map) you dont even have to look for them or open up a menu to find them. Also scout log 9 shows up after using the machine that brings you back for the first time?? I feel your pain but also feel like you might be making things more difficult on yourself. So far I haven’t had any issues with the game and it’s collectibles ?1f3fb.png‍♂️ 

The more hidden ciphers show u only when you reach the 'secret' if you want to call it that, or 'secluded' area. Sometimes you have to be on the level of the area where the cipher is for it to be marked on your map. And I have personally collected one on Biome 1 and one on Biome 3 that were not market in any way but spotted by my mk1 eyeball.

Also, the scout log you are referring to is Scout log 10, which I got very early on once I started using the reconstructor machine and was getting a hang of the game dying and trying Phrike on Biome 1.

I know the room layout for Scout log 9, it is behind and unlocked blue triangle door, on a X shaped layout with a ball dropping red orbs in the middle. The scout log will spawn on the south-eastern part of it and it will be marked on your map with the appropriate icon. I am also aware this room is most likely (probably 0.4% chance...) to spawn on the blue triangle off-shoot in biome 1 when going for the grappling path to Biome 3 Citadel.

I know this now, I've known this for almost the full 20 hours of grind.

I know everything about it.

What I can't know or change is the fact the RNG has been fornicating-me-over for the last 20 hours which is why I dropped the game entirely.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Where's that genius who said the game is easy as fuck and short as well? 

To be fair, the game itself is fairly easy with the exception of some things in Biome 3 that will surprise people. Overall the story part of the game isn't difficult and it's fairly short, easily achievable to finish up to the end of Act 3 in under 15 hours.

It's just that there are some collectibles in rooms that apparently won't spawn for a lot of people which I'm willing to bet is a bug.

Give it some time and you can expect the completion percentage to go up significantly, in fact it's already showing signs of doing so.

3 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

To be fair, the game itself is fairly easy with the exception of some things in Biome 3 that will surprise people. Overall the story part of the game isn't difficult and it's fairly short, easily achievable to finish up to the end of Act 3 in under 15 hours.

It's just that there are some collectibles in rooms that apparently won't spawn for a lot of people which I'm willing to bet is a bug.

Give it some time and you can expect the completion percentage to go up significantly, in fact it's already showing signs of doing so.

I know, was just making fun of a guy from one of the threads who said how stupidly easy and short the plat was.

29 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I know, was just making fun of a guy from one of the threads who said how stupidly easy and short the plat was.

He is one of the guys btw. Look at his thread “The grind isn’t that bad”. 

Edited by Lowlliet

50 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

The platinum is already at 4% after a week and a half, I think that speaks for itself.

It speaks for very little.

Because of how the game is set up, and totally random, say 10% of the players get the required rooms to spawn in minimum time that makes it fairly easy and straightforward platinum in.. 20-25 hours. I don't think anyone was banking on this being a 0.48% ultra rare.

On the other end, again because of how this game is set up, some poor bastard could spend 100 hours grinding his soul away and never have the required rooms appear.

I can live without this platinum don't get me wrong what's infuriating is the entire design where your ability to earn a platinum is not guaranteed by your skill or to an extent your time played (which is a stupid requirement anyway) but by luck and RNG.

For example, a very unlikely BUT POSSIBLE example, you've beaten the game, you know how it works - start a new game on a new acc. I'd wager you could finish ACT 2, do another run for fragments and another run 4-6 to finish ACT 3 well below 10 hours. Say you get the required missing rooms to spawn over additional 3 playthrough/speedruns? 10-12 hours fairly easy plat if you know what you're doing.

Other people, including myself have gone 2-3....5-6.... times over that estimate of 12h and gotten shit. Because it's RNG.

I guess 4% of all people that ever bought a lottery ticket got something, 96% would've gotten nothing even if they spend $100 every day.

• Like 3

I have already completed the game 3 times from start to finish. the game is played for 4-5 hours. At the first pass, there were problems with 5 biomes, I collected 10 glyphs, and the percentage was 9 out of 10. After a long time of trying, I decided to restart from 0. And that in the end, I found out that in the 5 biome 11 glyphs out of 10 and 1 does not count. I lost the old save, I had to clean everything from the beginning, but I do not get 10 logs, although it was collected from 41 to 63. And after countless more attempts, there are no changes, and I'm sure I've cleared them 10 out of 10. My time spent went over 60 hours. Although I honestly earned platinum a long time ago. And there is no guarantee that when I replay the game again, I will get a trophy.
Edited by FET667

58 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

On the other end, again because of how this game is set up, some poor bastard could spend 100 hours grinding his soul away and never have the required rooms appear.

I maintain that one explanation for something like that is a bug preventing that room from appearing in that save file, Scout Log 9 in particular seems to suggest this, there's no reason for that log to have been made extremely rare compared to other logs so very possible the difficulty for some in getting it is unintentional.

58 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

Other people, including myself have gone 2-3....5-6.... times over that estimate of 12h and gotten shit. Because it's RNG.

Which is why I advocate for anyone who has spent that long playing and isn't finding anything new to restart fresh and hope that a new save game is kinder to them. I mean at this point what have you got to lose.

Edited by AusLeviathan

5 hours ago, bri11iant_Y said:

I think you have to beat ACT 2 and watched all other (5?) house sequence before sun fragments starting to spawn

Ya I beat the game just been trying to get all collectibles in the first act before moving on :/ all lights off in the house but I'm sure I read somewhere about getting a specific log at the house to get the fragments to spawn but can't remember if I did it or not... 

On 5/11/2021 at 9:54 AM, bri11iant_Y said:

I went back to act 2 and I could enter the house, collecting the last item (watch) couldn't seem to find any info on what the last house encounter was so if anyway wants to know its that. Sun fragment spawned straight away in each biome after 

Considering the amount of people on here that are running into problems - far outway the people who have got missing collectibles quickly - I think there is a higher probability it is down to RNG not spawning the room. When anything is based on luck/RNG people’s experiences are going to vary, vastly. After finishing the game I ran Biome 1 a good few hours searching each blue door, until I encountered the Scout log 9 room, that was the first time I ever encountered it. Scout log 9 is rare in my opinion. 

The most troublesome Biome for me though was the second one as for me it seems like there was a larger ratio with the pool of rooms the game could spawn to the number of rooms spawning at any one time. I saw the room with the circle in the floor with the laser shooting down, collectible was on the side of the thing shooting the laser, once. I think I may have seen the mountain side one with the blue orb twice, but the first time I encountered it was before I completed the game hence no blue orb was visible to shoot. Again, like Biome 1, all these runs were after I completed the game (Act 3) and I checked every blue door room each run. People had trouble with the hand room spawning for me I saw that a good few times playing the game and attempting my runs, again people’s experiences can differ to others. 

I was in the same mindset OP but I kept going for bursts at a time and eventually got them all, just keep at it and I the rooms will eventually spawn.

Edited by lynx_1985
Forgot to address OP, keep going and you’ll get them dude.
  • Like 2

I have to agree, I just can't do it anymore. 

Having finished the main story and it being a wonderful game, the grind over and over has dragged it right down for me to the point I really can't stand it.

Not to mention the 10 hours I dedicated to picking up every malignant item over and over in each run and somehow not pinging the Risk Assessment trophy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anke said:

I have to agree, I just can't do it anymore. 

Having finished the main story and it being a wonderful game, the grind over and over has dragged it right down for me to the point I really can't stand it.

Not to mention the 10 hours I dedicated to picking up every malignant item over and over in each run and somehow not pinging the Risk Assessment trophy.

That trophy has specific requirements, so you were just unlucky I guess.

• Open 3 Malignant Containers

• Pick up 3 Malignant Silphiums

• Pick up 3 Malignant Resins

• Pick up 1 Malignant Key

• Pick up 3 Spoiled Resins