I give up - let me know if they patch something

Valkirye22

On 5/11/2021 at 2:27 AM, Kill-MC-Mildred said:

I haven't found a single sun fragment yet and I've spent the last 4/5 days going through the whole of act 1 each time... 

Feel like I'm missing something

I had this same issue until I fast traveled back to the 4th Biome (the first one after the time skip, whatever it was called) and did one more visit to the house. Try swinging by there and you might be surprised to see the lights back on and the house available.

26 minutes ago, Lowlliet said:

That trophy has specific requirements, so you were just unlucky I guess.

• Open 3 Malignant Containers

• Pick up 3 Malignant Silphiums

• Pick up 3 Malignant Resins

• Pick up 1 Malignant Key

• Pick up 3 Spoiled Resins

Definitely unlucky then, I've done that many times over.

EDIT: Unbelievably I was just reading a thread about restarting the PS5 to generate audio logs, as soon as the game restarted the Risk Assessment trophy popped.

Edited by Anke

The RNG is killing this game, literally... This is why nobody will be playing it in a month or two. At first I loved this game, GOTY material, etc. But after hitting rng wall and ciphers (I need biome 1, 2 and 6) and running them like 50 times already, my opinion about this game went really down. Right now this is a tedious and boring pos. I know they had to hide small content behind rng, but this is just ridiculous... I can't get to spawn some rooms because of what? Because some lazy dev designed it like that? 

I haven't hit such an idiotic rng even in f2p games... 

• Like 3

On 11/05/2021 at 10:20 AM, HaserPL said:

Where's that genius who said the game is easy as fuck and short as well? 

He’s not talking about the difficulty. RNG has nothing to do with difficulty, RNG is bullshit and a waste of time.

You could be completing an easy game in 4 hours but then spend 20 hours for an RNG collectible. It’s horrible and boring.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lynx_1985 said:

Considering the amount of people on here that are running into problems - far outway the people who have got missing collectibles quickly - I think there is a higher probability it is down to RNG not spawning the room. When anything is based on luck/RNG people’s experiences are going to vary, vastly. After finishing the game I ran Biome 1 a good few hours searching each blue door, until I encountered the Scout log 9 room, that was the first time I ever encountered it. Scout log 9 is rare in my opinion. 

The most troublesome Biome for me though was the second one as for me it seems like there was a larger ratio with the pool of rooms the game could spawn to the number of rooms spawning at any one time. I saw the room with the circle in the floor with the laser shooting down, collectible was on the side of the thing shooting the laser, once. I think I may have seen the mountain side one with the blue orb twice, but the first time I encountered it was before I completed the game hence no blue orb was visible to shoot. Again, like Biome 1, all these runs were after I completed the game (Act 3) and I checked every blue door room each run. People had trouble with the hand room spawning for me I saw that a good few times playing the game and attempting my runs, again people’s experiences can differ to others. 

I was in the same mindset OP but I kept going for bursts at a time and eventually got them all, just keep at it and I the rooms will eventually spawn.

I agree, short bursts is how I play now and I've been able to nab a Survey trophy at least every 2 days or so. I'll play for a few, if I feel like the rooms haven't changed much or I'm just having bad runs..I just stop and play something else lol

If you are at the point where you are just going for the surveys and platinum it doesn't really hurt to play something else in between. Especially if you finish a run and it was shit..give yourself a break and play something else and try it again. I found Scout Log 9 when I was actually looking for ciphers in Biome 3, I just happened to run into it! So it's super easy to get frustrated, I'm searching everywhere for the last cipher I need in Biome 2 and then Biome 6 and I'm done, but this type of game will have you play like shit if you get frustrated so it's best to just cool off for a bit, come back with a clear head and do some quick runs and my logic is, if I at least find 1 collectible within like 3 runs or so, then I'm making progress, if I make a few runs and I got nothing then I stop playing for the day and play something that I have more control over.

• Like 2