PlayStation Player Celebration returns for Days of Play! (Earn PSN Avatars & PS4 Themes)

14 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

It's weird that Italy is not in the list of eligible countries, but the whole thing is even localized in Italian down to the very web page URL.

So even if I got the message "Grazie per la partecipazione! Inizierai a contribuire a Days of Play - PlayStation® Player Celebration quando avrà inizio l'obiettivo successivo." I won't be able to participate? That's a bummer :(

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Did Sony forget that the PS5 is out and we can't use themes on that still?

53 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

also PS5 still has no themes lmao guess they forgot about that

Or will they use this as a chance to implement themes for PS5!?

This is "PlayStation Player Celebration", not "PlayStation 5 Player Celebration".

25 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

I get that, but PS5 is the relevant PlayStation console currently, so this is still kinda weird.

It's not weird at all. Both systems are relevant. The PlayStation boss himself considers the PS4 and its community a focus and important. There's still a massive audience on PS4 (especially given the current and ongoing PS5 shortage situation). The event itself is player-based and player-driven. The PS5 hasn't even been out. . . a single year. Etc. And it's just themes, nothing that threatens or puts Sony/PS5 at any serious business risk. The argument is better suited against the PS3 platform if it were included.

• Like 2

I like to play around with my theme a lot so I'm definitely going to join.  FYI for anyone else that just gets looped to the bottom of the page when trying to sign up -- log out and log back in.  For some reason, since I was already logged in it didn't seem to realize logged in.  A quick log out, log in fixed it.

• Like 1

I signed up, although I ended up having to log out and back in to stop the cycle of error messages.  I finally got the green confirmation text.  I don't really use my PS4 now that I have the PS5 but it'll be fun to contribute regardless!

Signed up as it's something to do but the only prize that I could see myself using is the first theme. Maybe the beat-all-the-goals one at a push. Avatars don't interest me in the slightest.

Still, doesn't hurt to do it or cost anything extra so why not.

9 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Thanks for the heads up. Last year registration never worked for me. I think it has been successful this time 1f44d.png

Same thing happened to me. But I’m good this time.

9 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Themes and Avatars.... How boring. 

Yeah, but hopefully the theme is better than the lame one we got for the 2020 recap. I doubt the avatars will do much for me, but who knows?

4 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

I get that, but PS5 is the relevant PlayStation console currently, so this is still kinda weird.

It would be even more relevant if people could get their hands on them.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

On 11-5-2021 at 4:29 PM, Jelly Soup said:

I clicked sign up, it said thanks for signing up. That seemed too easy for a Sony thing, so I came back to the page and it offered to let me sign up again and thanked me again when I did. This bodes well.

Yup, same

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I got my confirmation mail today, I signed up on Tuesday.

Are the goals realistic? I never participated in something like this before.

The last theme reward is so clean. 1f4af.png

Hmm... I haven't gotten an email yet. Wonder if I should try signing up again ?