PlayStation Player Celebration returns for Days of Play! (Earn PSN Avatars & PS4 Themes)

25 minutes ago, Heather342 said:

But I'm really wanting that final white theme and avatar if we manage to get all the goals achieved ?

That's the one I have high hopes for.

Usually the themes they give out can be pretty nice and the image I've seen looks like it could be on the same level as some of those other good ones.

I'm disappointed in the first stages theme though, not gonna lie.

Not too worried about avatars, my main has had the same avatar for so long people just know me by it, I'm hardly likely to ever change it at this point.

31 minutes ago, Bongo Cat said:

Same. No e-mails for me but I had a notification to tell me I unlocked the first bundle when I turned on my PS5.

Aren't we supposed to get the bonus avatars too?

I think we didn't make it to the bonus goal so no extra rewards for stage 1.

• Like 1

Got my reward, I am surprised that we didn't make bonus goal. I am not sure if we can complete stage 2. It sucks this event is conflict with Xbox's 10000 game scores for 10000 Microsoft Reward points event.The reward Xbox offers is way better. Sony probably should offer something more than just avatar and theme.

9 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

The theme looks good, but the music that comes with it is terrible.

Lol, I'm the opposite way round. I couldn't care less about the theme's visuals but I enjoy listening to the music that goes with it.

Just got 1 avatar and theme a few mins ago. 

1. Turned on ps4

2. Turned on wifi

3. Turned off ps4

4. Turned on ps4

5. Received notification with code

I also didn't get an email when signed up for the event (might have to do with my privacy settings).

Edited by ZealousZealot

1 hour ago, Vitallani said:

Lol, I'm the opposite way round. I couldn't care less about the theme's visuals

I agree. Since I don‘t have a PS4 the themes are worthless to me.

I really really like the Astro Bot avatars but they are locked behind bonus targets and I actually think the normal targets will be barely met. My most favorite Astro Bot avatar is the one in the last stage but I should just forget it.

So I don‘t get anything useful, but I also don‘t care. I won‘t start any new games just for this challenge.

I claimed my Stage One prizes yesterday upon logging into my Day One PS4 and as usual, Sony fails to convince me of their first party celebration theme. The lack of any custom key-tone is pretty much standard but this time around the theme music is not only WAAAY too wholesome for my tastes but screams “give us your money” like you just walked into a GameStop at happy hour.

I won’t use the premium avatar either because almost everyone is gonna want to use it right now, decreasing its value to me. Maybe in a few years I’ll use it and maybe have people ask me how I got it? B)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iFraaN97 said:

I had to turn on my PS5 to get the rewards, didn't get any notifications on the PS App.

7 hours ago, Bongo Cat said:

Same. No e-mails for me but I had a notification to tell me I unlocked the first bundle when I turned on my PS5.

Aren't we supposed to get the bonus avatars too?

I’m assuming it was on the main page, but maybe I saw it elsewhere. Said 1-2 days after it’d be rewarded via the console notification. So that’s the only way you’ll be able to redeem it, not through the app or desktop.

6 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

We unfortunately did not reach the bonus goals for Stage 1, which sucks because one included a cool Returnal avatar. ? Worried about if we'll reach it for Stage 2 and 3.

On the one hand more people will be out of school as time goes on… on the other the goals are pretty high and we barely met the first one ;(

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

I didn’t get anything. Hmmm...

Did you receive an email after signing up? 

3 hours ago, GTA_Darren said:

Got my reward, I am surprised that we didn't make bonus goal. I am not sure if we can complete stage 2. It sucks this event is conflict with Xbox's 10000 game scores for 10000 Microsoft Reward points event.The reward Xbox offers is way better. Sony probably should offer something more than just avatar and theme.

Personally I figured Sony would just be nice and botch the numbers so people would get the rewards regardless. But I guess not. I can’t see hitting Stage 2 & 3’s goals, especially not the bonus ones. Which is a shame

1 hour ago, EcoShifter said:

We unfortunately did not reach the bonus goals for Stage 1, which sucks because one included a cool Returnal avatar. 1f61e.png Worried about if we'll reach it for Stage 2 and 3.

Lmao? Unbelievable. That's karma for not letting italians in after translating the subscription page for nothing xD

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

Just checked the website again ( https://www.playstation.com/en-us/days-of-play-celebration/ ), but last update was on May 28th. With the weekend to go, we were about halfway the primary goal. I do wonder why they only update once a day. Do they have to verify the earned Trophies?

I was away for a few days, so I hope that the Trophies I grabbed today were enough to qualify for the second round.

Edited by ConAir
Question mark added

56 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

The "prizes" didn't help the "hi-ho hi-ho it's off to trophy hunting, we go!" crowd I'm guessing. 

Plus this weekend is busy for so many people, especially those in the retail-life job field.

Between those two things I don't see the bar going full on Stage Two.

Yes, offcourse. It's not appealing to everyone. Don't forget that a lot of people can't join if they live in a country that isn't eligible.

I think, in general, people are busy if they have a more or less fulltime job, a family, a household and a social life.

I feel like they were assuming the lockdowns would continue to stay stringent, long enough so that the majority of their player base would have nothing better to do than work on trophies. The loosening of the noose freed people up to go outside again and of course people took opportunity.

Edited by Jelly Soup