Zombies Ate My Neighbors & Ghoul Patrol

7 hours ago, ShadeSplit said:

The PlayStation version has been cancelled in order to facilitate a second port to the Switch.

That makes no sense and people have already pre ordered the retro version.

Anyone has any update on this? Ive been refreshing the store since yesterday and nothing, other versions went live just fine, dang Im turning into salt...

3 hours ago, crpthnflrst said:

No, it wasn’t. This doesn’t even make sense.

1 hour ago, Sunnyburrito said:

That makes no sense and people have already pre ordered the retro version.

Anyone has any update on this? Ive been refreshing the store since yesterday and nothing, other versions went live just fine, dang Im turning into salt...

It's called a joke.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2021 at 4:40 PM, Sunnyburrito said:

Thanks my dude and bless that guy, I've been salty the whole day since I already have to money ready to go and they don't want it lol

let's hope they solve the issue soon, thanks for caring.

Burritoprime.png

On Dotemu's twitter, a guy posted a response from Disney where she says Sony hasn't approved the game, something like that. I was going to post a print of the image here but I couldn't.

17 minutes ago, WitchHunterDX said:

On Dotemu's twitter, a guy posted a response from Disney where she says Sony hasn't approved the game, something like that. I was going to post a print of the image here but I couldn't.

That suck balls,I couldn't find it, heck to be honest no one but a few people are even mentioning the delay..what get's me even more pissed is that those trash loli visual novels get approved in waves but they throw a fit because of this, at this point I'll be surprised if we get it at all, so I just went ahead and bought it on Switch.

Burritoprime.png

Edited by Sunnyburrito

44 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

That suck balls,I couldn't find it, heck to be honest no one but a few people are even mentioning the delay..what get's me even more pissed is that those trash loli visual novels get approved in waves but they throw a fit because of this, at this point I'll be surprised if we get it at all, so I just went ahead and bought it on Switch.

Burritoprime.png

Go on Dotemu's twitter, and go to answers, and scroll down until you find a question related to Zombies, then click on it and there will be Dotemu's answer, and below I'll click on "Show answer" and there will be a guy answering Dotemu about it.

It's just stupid, Sony show time and time again they have no quality control with half the shit that gets put out on the store, but classics such as ZAMN/Ghoul Patrol get the red light? I know this port has a few quirks people have mentioned on other platforms such as the music, no bindable control options etc but that doesn't warrant Sony blocking it going on the store, isn't this what updates are for?

There's been a few instances of the same thing happening over the years to other games I've wanted but this is by far the worst example. Even if you think Microsoft and Nintendo are shit and solely stay with Sony like I do for gaming, at least we can all agree other companies get games out on time, if this keeps happening, it's only hurting Sony.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

It's just stupid, Sony show time and time again they have no quality control with half the shit that gets put out on the store, but classics such as ZAMN/Ghoul Patrol get the red light? I know this port has a few quirks people have mentioned on other platforms such as the music, no bindable control options etc but that doesn't warrant Sony blocking it going on the store, isn't this what updates are for?

There's been a few instances of the same thing happening over the years to other games I've wanted but this is by far the worst example. Even if you think Microsoft and Nintendo are shit and solely stay with Sony like I do for gaming, at least we can all agree other companies get games out on time, if this keeps happening, it's only hurting Sony.

Of course this sucks, look at the amount of games in which I consider crap that are released daily on the PS Store like those Breakthrough Gaming Arcade that are poor games, and that Sony lets out, and if you doubt it should still come out on time .

Recently several indie producers are detonating Sony for its "whatever" posture in relation to Indies games, lack of communication and other problems while Microsoft and Nintendo are platforms that respect and welcome indie games with open arms. What happened to Zombies only reinforces how petty and hypocritical PlayStation management is.

I realized that there was a problem with this game on PS4 since the announcement, as it didn't appear on PS channels, it didn't appear pre-sales, at no time was it promoted on PS while in the competitor it was promoted in various ways. One of the last trailers before launch featured the PS4 logo, it was the only time I saw this game being promoted to the PS4.

I wonder who ordered this game in hard copy and paid that absurd amount. Limited Run also declined to comment, said that their service was to release the physical copy something like that. Interestingly, the deadline to finish the pre-sale of the physical copy is July 18, I didn't notice if the Switch version, which launched a day ahead of schedule, has that same date.

Even with the mentioned problems, I would buy the game, to remember this great classics, I grew up and played the SNES for many years, and I still have it, whenever retro games or retro compilations are released I buy without thinking.

I'm from Brazil, but there is another classic game that is not available on the Brazilian PS store, Wild Guns Reloaded, so I ask you why? Why?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, WitchHunterDX said:

Of course this sucks, look at the amount of games in which I consider crap that are released daily on the PS Store like those Breakthrough Gaming Arcade that are poor games, and that Sony lets out, and if you doubt it should still come out on time .

Recently several indie producers are detonating Sony for its "whatever" posture in relation to Indies games, lack of communication and other problems while Microsoft and Nintendo are platforms that respect and welcome indie games with open arms. What happened to Zombies only reinforces how petty and hypocritical PlayStation management is.

I realized that there was a problem with this game on PS4 since the announcement, as it didn't appear on PS channels, it didn't appear pre-sales, at no time was it promoted on PS while in the competitor it was promoted in various ways. One of the last trailers before launch featured the PS4 logo, it was the only time I saw this game being promoted to the PS4.

I wonder who ordered this game in hard copy and paid that absurd amount. Limited Run also declined to comment, said that their service was to release the physical copy something like that. Interestingly, the deadline to finish the pre-sale of the physical copy is July 18, I didn't notice if the Switch version, which launched a day ahead of schedule, has that same date.

Even with the mentioned problems, I would buy the game, to remember this great classics, I grew up and played the SNES for many years, and I still have it, whenever retro games or retro compilations are released I buy without thinking.

I'm from Brazil, but there is another classic game that is not available on the Brazilian PS store, Wild Guns Reloaded, so I ask you why? Why?

Don't know if you noticed but the only Harvest Moon game we have in the Brazilian PS store is the last one that was released, the horrible one, all others were never made available here I believe it's some sort of shenanigans with Natsume and licensing here.

7 hours ago, xLetsP1ayGod said:

I don't think this is on Sony, I swear i saw a post where someone contacted Sony support and Sony said that they didnt know anything about it

Look, I love Sony as much as the next person but to say that it's not on Sony is mind boggling, of course they don't know anything about it. ?

It's common sense, Sony have to give the thumbs up on any release, it's Sony's store after all, who else adds and removes games from said store if its not Sony? A trailer was made for the rerelease, which got heavily publicised by both Microsoft and Nintendo on their respective consoles, a quick Google search shows that both Xbox and Switch have Announcement Trailers. Both consoles had some kind of pre order, both consoles had a perfect release in terms of dates, both coming on 29th June. 

So again, it's not on Sony, no?

Moreover, I'd like to know exactly what blocked the game, pixel big tit cheerleaders? Pixel evil babies? Maybe because its not like every other "Break" game or Mayo that comes out eh? Seems all we get over here now a days is a flood of Outbreak RE rip off games, Break Easter/Christmas/St Patrick day shit or Ratalaika shit.

Edited by Ninja-Sara-X
  • Like 1

So we can chalk this up as a loss and move on right? It's been 6 days no news, no updates, no coverage, nothing, nada it's like the port announcement didn't even exist, guess I'm one of the few who feels really bummed out by this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

So we can chalk this up as a loss and move on right? It's been 6 days no news, no updates, no coverage, nothing, nada it's like the port announcement didn't even exist, guess I'm one of the few who feels really bummed out by this.

No, you're not the only one, I'm also very upset about it, not only because the game hasn't been released but also because of the little case that those responsible had in giving a satisfaction to consumers, Sony, LucasArts Games, Disney, all blaming someone else.

There's a conversation going on about people receiving the Limited Run physical media, but I don't know if this is true, but I'm very curious to know if this will be the only game on the face of the Earth that doesn't have a digital version, let alone trophies, but playable in a physical version, doesn't make sense.

What makes me most upset is the lack of gamer journalists to talk about it, they seem to be scared of Sony, since it is being doing something that in my view is wrong. Look at the list of new trophies today, is it serious that these games are "approved" by Sony and not Zombies? What is happening?

So far I try to look for answers about what's going on, but it seems like everyone doesn't care, it's like it doesn't matter. I'm honestly starting to realize how stingy and selfish Sony and PlayStation are, and disrespectful to their customers, and believing more and more in the stories that are circulating about Sony treating Indies with disdain while Microsoft and Nintendo have the open doors and willing to work with respect and honesty.

What happened to Zombies was just another example of Sony's policy, not even giving a satisfaction, but then campaigning on social media talking about diversity, respect, who care about consumers, all false.

• Like 2

I’m pretty upset on this. Not just because of not allowing classics like this, but Sony’s policy of turning away good indie games and decent A/AA production games, whereas Nintendo, Steam and Microsoft are allowing such games with open arms. 

They turn stuff like this down, but allow worthless Breakthrough Gaming Arcade stacks and shovelware games just made to get a quick buck. 

Why we’re rewarding shit developers, but neglecting the developers who put in the time and effort to make something good with their pretty limited budgets is completely beyond me. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I’m pretty upset on this. Not just because of not allowing classics like this, but Sony’s policy of turning away good indie games and decent A/AA production games, whereas Nintendo, Steam and Microsoft are allowing such games with open arms. 

They turn stuff like this down, but allow worthless Breakthrough Gaming Arcade stacks and shovelware games just made to get a quick buck. 

Why we’re rewarding shit developers, but neglecting the developers who put in the time and effort to make something good with their pretty limited budgets is completely beyond me. 

The fact that ZAMN is getting a hard time while gazillion trash loli visual novels and 10 minutes platinums get approved almost everyday infuriates me to no end, I bought it on Switch but I really wanted it on PS4, was looking forward to that cool platinum/100%...

Burritoprime.png

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 2

I've been pointing out for quite awhile that many "indie" games are only being released on PC and Switch. I've even seen some PC/Switch/Xbox releases. This should be very troubling, especially when you consider the install base of the PS4, but no one seems to care. This game will most likely be released eventually, at least.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

This is very true! If I could give more likes based on how much agree you'd be in the millions haha! I really don't want to bash on people with what they choose to play but again, you totally nailed it, people are rewarding devs for games like Breakthrough Gaming Arcade, Brick Break titles ((or whatever they're called)) mainly for cheap and easy/fast platinums but beautiful indie titles are getting brushed to one side. 

This game in particular I've already ranted about but I just can't see any logic behind blocking it on Sony's end. It's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. I know there's a lot of people that will say concentrate on new games rather than bringing back or remastering classics but I for one love going back to my NES/SNES/Master System/Genesis days. I think this is going down as another blemish on Sony's status, for me.

BTW Commando Keen? Loved that game! Think I played around 3 of the 6? parts to that series and also the Gameboy Colour version! 

• Like 1

A user on twitter said that he sent an email to Disney, they said that now it's all with Sony, however when trying to talk to Sony they don't even respond, not even on twitter "@AskPlayStation".

I think you can feel in your skin what indie producers feel when trying to communicate with Sony, they get the answer after 6 months ?

• Like 3