Big Wheel of Death....pissing me off!

Wade_VC

I picked up LBP again after putting it away for too long, and now I remember why...The Big Wheel of Death!

I literally spent 2+ hours trying to get past this section in The Bunker, with no avail. I have watched You Tube videos, read wakthroughs...nothing. No matter what I try, the regular way or going to the top of the inside ring, I just can not get past this stupid wheel.

I could care less about acing it, I'd just like to make it through the story, and things aren't looking good for that at the moment. If anyone has ANY tips or hints or whatever, I would surely appreciate it to no end!

add my psn al have a run thru with u if u want....just a few questions, Dou you have a Microphone? What are ur usuall hours playing this game? i am on british time if u can convert ur time to mine tht wud be better but i can do it here if u dnt

Yeah, I have a mic., and yes, I can work with your hours (you will be 8 hours ahead of me as I am on the west coast, USA) as my usual gaming hours are from 8pm PST - 3 am PST (4am UK - 11am UK). Let me know what days work best for you and lets see if we can hook up.

Saw the thread title and figured this was the wheel in question. I'm really not sure how to explain it, but when acing the levels this actually didn't cause as much trouble as I expected.

I guess the only advice I can really give is to focus. Don't try and rush through it, on the easier jumps you can try and clear them quickly... but on tougher ones make sure you land your jumps before hauling ass to the next platform. The jumping physics in this game are harsh. If you happen to find me on and want to try and walk through it sometime, don't hesitate to throw me a message. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like i will need to start over on this game anyway so i don't mind hopping on and helping where i can... and likewise i could use the help also so if anyone here wants to run through either LBP1 or LBP2 just hit me up... some of you are already on my friends list anyhow, lol

otherwise...

NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS!

piggie_pie

• 1 month later...

If you haven't made it through yet, my advice is to just keep trying. It took me quite a few tries, but I made it through. Sooner or later you'll make it.

I'm not looking forward to trying to ace this level. :(

Acing?! PFFFFFFT....yeah, right.

I literally spent 4 solid hours trying to get past this fucked-up hunk of shit section, and still no closer than I was when I started.

Damn Wade...you should have been with us last night. We had a foursome going last night w/ myself, Spidey0115, Rowdi and Cthulu26 and Spidey pulled off some super web-slinging and got us all thru the Wheel of Death. True most of the time it was like watching a monkey fork a football for co-ordination and laughs. But it was good times to be had. We got the play w/ 3 people on your friend list trophy...but more importantly, we were getting those prize bubbles that each other hadn't gotten yet.

• Like 2

Damn Wade...you should have been with us last night. We had a foursome going last night w/ myself, Spidey0115, Rowdi and Cthulu26 and Spidey pulled off some super web-slinging and got us all thru the Wheel of Death. True most of the time it was like watching a monkey fork a football for co-ordination and laughs. But it was good times to be had. We got the play w/ 3 people on your friend list trophy...but more importantly, we were getting those prize bubbles that each other hadn't gotten yet.

Damn....I missed it. :|

2 hours or 4 hours isnt a long time. Trust me sometime I use days on one spot to get through it. Even if you "think" you dont make progress just keep at it, because you "are" making progress, thats how the brain works. Practise make perfect becasue your nerve-system will adapt to the situation so your muscle will work better.

The problem here is how to mentally stimulate this process. You now if you dont like the game you will get tired and then say..."fucked it"... get demotivated and just forget about the game or this speciffik level.

I believe anyone can achieve anything if he mentally prepared to use the time he need. Ofcourse it depend on how much you love the game and how much you are willing to achieve.

• Like 1

Acing?! PFFFFFFT....yeah, right.

I literally spent 4 solid hours trying to get past this fucked-up hunk of shit section, and still no closer than I was when I started.

Aced it fifteen minutes ago. :P

I'll help you get through it if you like. Send me a pm if you feel like giving it a shot one night.

• Like 1

dang im gonna have to join you guys one of these days... i haven't even beaten the game yet, lol... I was playing LBP2 with another friend for a while but i wouldn't mind game hopping until FF13-2 comes out.

acing every level will be a chore for me...

you know i will be hitting you up Rowdi...

I haven't played in a while but, i'd be willing to fire it back up and help you if needed Wade. I remember that level being a pain... bad news is the level isn't over after that wheel; there's a little bit more at the bottom that can mess with you as well. I remember making it through the wheel only to die at the bottom on a couple tricky jumps. That friggin' electricity crap really irritated me, haha.

• Like 1

dang im gonna have to join you guys one of these days... i haven't even beaten the game yet, lol... I was playing LBP2 with another friend for a while but i wouldn't mind game hopping until FF13-2 comes out.

acing every level will be a chore for me...

you know i will be hitting you up Rowdi...

I hate you missed out.

No worries. I'm thinking LBP2 will be in my future. ;)

Thanks again for the hearts.

Acing the levels is actually harder w/ 2 people. Online lag has been horrible on the servers recently and that just kills your platforming co-ordination

I was thinking more along the lines of just getting him past the wheel. Acing the bunker was hard enough solo.

I haven't played in a while but, i'd be willing to fire it back up and help you if needed Wade. I remember that level being a pain... bad news is the level isn't over after that wheel; there's a little bit more at the bottom that can mess with you as well. I remember making it through the wheel only to die at the bottom on a couple tricky jumps. That friggin' electricity crap really irritated me, haha.

So frigging true...I got so mad the first time I made through the wheel only to be caught up in that mess.

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT!!!! I would be so friggin' pissed to make it through just to die at the bottom! :angry:

WHAT!!!! I would be so friggin' pissed to make it through just to die at the bottom! :angry:

Wade, I'm not sure if you were aware (I showed Spidey this the last time we played LBP) that there are sponge sections inside the wheel that you can grab onto. You can hold on and pause your progress. You don't have to rush thru in 1 constant motion. Also, When hanging down, you can fall onto the outside of the interior circle and run along that w/o fear of death for a bit too.