Big Wheel of Death....pissing me off!

Wade_VC

Wade, I'm not sure if you were aware (I showed Spidey this the last time we played LBP) that there are sponge sections inside the wheel that you can grab onto. You can hold on and pause your progress. You don't have to rush thru in 1 constant motion. Also, When hanging down, you can fall onto the outside of the interior circle and run along that w/o fear of death for a bit too.

I have You Tubed and everything else for hints and tips and all that. Yeah, I am aware of the sponges to grab on to. What I really need is to be able to carry my RPG from Battlefield 3 into LBP! :angry:

• Like 1

Yeah, this wheel was a pain in the ass. It's a shame its so far in a hard level. It makes not only getting through the wheel hard, but also getting through the terror before it.

The first time I got through it, I died right after the wheel from some freak accident. it was a punishment.

Ace levels by yourself its much easier without the lag or a friend who keeps dieing everytime. I have aced all the levels on my own and with one of my closest friends but the lag makes it nearly impossible but doeable. Also take your time through each part of the level because there is no time limit so make sure you land your jumps and that your R1 works.

• 3 weeks later...

Ace levels by yourself its much easier without the lag or a friend who keeps dieing everytime. I have aced all the levels on my own and with one of my closest friends but the lag makes it nearly impossible but doeable. Also take your time through each part of the level because there is no time limit so make sure you land your jumps and that your R1 works.

Acing levels by yourself is also a great idea, but if you have a friend who is good at the game, it can make the experience more bearable/ enjoyable.

if all else fails breathe deeply and calm when your going through. i know it sounds silly but it actually helps in some cases!!

You're often less likely to mess up, at least I am, if you are calm.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Acing?! PFFFFFFT....yeah, right.

I literally spent 4 solid hours trying to get past this fucked-up hunk of shit section, and still no closer than I was when I started.

I just turned the game off 10 minutes ago and I am stuck here. I can get to the wheel without dying, but can't get passed the wheel to even finish the game.

I just turned the game off 10 minutes ago and I am stuck here. I can get to the wheel without dying, but can't get passed the wheel to even finish the game.

If you add me on PSN, I would be happy to atleast help you through the wheel. Haven't played the game in a while, but I remember that cursed wheel.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A good way to get through the outer area of this evil wheel (since it is by far the hardest part) is to move WITH the wheel before jumping. Let the wheel take you to the left so that you can gain more height in your jumps and land on top of platforms and over the electricity. Don't go too far back since you'll miss your chance to escape, but don't go too far forward either since you won't be able to jump.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

After having a lot of trouble in Boom Town trying to ace it, I was dreading this level, because of how infamous it is.

I've been acing levels as I go, so naturally I went for the ace first time through the Bunker. After dying on the wheel, I restarted, and after dying on the wheel again (with many deaths due to enemies or whatever in between) I restarted again. I finally got through and realised it had only taken me 36 minutes.

To anybody out there going to start this game, I have a bit of advice:

Ace levels as you go. Don't move onto until you ace the level you just did. This will improve your skills and train you so you're ready for The Bunker at the end of the game.

oh the bunker level?

dear god that part is one of the hardest part on a ps3 game to date!

i remember when i had to try acing it too. i had to try 13 time a day until i finally aced it in late 2010 :lol:

my advice is to play with a group of of peoples online or locally and everyone of you should pick a skin that looks clear and different than each other so no one is gonna go mixed his sack person to yours by mistake during the wheel part, that way even if you died the peoples / person with you will try to do different thing to avoid been killed with you and then pray to god that at least one of them will pass safety to the checkpoint below the " wheel of death "

as if you wanted to ace it the best way to do it is to play alone which is X4 super hard!

because if you play with someone where you never died and your friend did the game will count it a death for you too.

After trying about 100 times and taking a several month break from the Big Wheel of Death, my one serious piece of advice: Mute. Seriously. I gave it a shot with the sound off one morning, trying not to wake the lady of the house and made it. I immediately tried it again and within 3 more tries, Aced it. Never to play that damned level again.

Haha, me and friend just played this level for the first time last night. It's the first level to really test us - it took many attempts. Its frustrating having to restart at the beginning of the level when you die, and I actually think doing it in coop was actually a hindrance if one of you couldn't keep up. 

But we did finally do it. 

Very fun, if punishing, gameplay!

• 3 months later...

Yeah, this wheel is tough, not even the death canceling glitch works in it because all traps are eletric, but i do suggest is going through the "roofs" of it, the ground is too brutal.
Also, if you rush OR GO TO SLOW, you die, the right time for it.

And a hint FOR ALL LEVELS THAT ARE HARD TO ACE: Mute the sound, if possible put music in the PC while you play.

For anyone who can't get past this, cheer up, and focus because a 16/17 yrs old (forgot when was the real first time i finished this game) fat guy got past it so i'm sure you guys can.

But for this thing you only need to pass through 3 times really, 1 to get through 2 for a run with all the suckers/friends to get the x3/x4 bubbles and 3 for the Ace, once you're done it's done, contrary to the Create and Share ones, these require daily work pratically and won't be over that quick.

Edited by Sonny_FIRESTORM

• 3 months later...