My Metro Exodus experience

Jason-DFG

I don't know where to start. I'm currently about halfway in the desert section and have encountered numerous game breaking bugs like the valve gun not spawning for me after 50+- reloads.

I don't remember any of the older metro games being this buggy. (i even did those recently 100%

This one has to be the worst metro game from the whole bunch. I loved 2033 and last light 100x more then this game

Edited by Jason-DFG
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Funny coz I've seen dozens of reviews without any mentions about game-braking bugs. Just some visual shit.

I've had numerous bugs starting from the first chapter in the train chase section where if u died before u opened the first door that u couldn't open it up. so i had to redo that whole chapter twice and now i got the valve gun thats not spawning in properly for the professional trophy.

Well, there were game-breaking bugs, like an elevator bug in the end of VOLGA chapter, but they are patched already.

That sounds like someone cursed your luck, cause I've completed the game 3 times(2 of them at launch) and haven't had any bugs. Except maybe some minor visual glitches that I don't even remember.

13 minutes ago, Cobbsquatch said:

The game has so many gamebreakong bugs, plus just being crap compared to the first 2 :(

I don't know what it is i loved the first 2 but for some reason i'm not into exodus. It might be the open world element thats ruining it for me or just the way the game is set up storywise.

Big fan of the first 2 games, but I liked Exodus the most of the three. Fantastic game - can’t say I experienced anything major, bug-wise, the odd windscreen-issue with the car in the Caspian level (camera offset after viewing the map) but it corrects after a moment or two - nothing game breaking, and thats across 4 playthroughs. 

Maybr I’m just lucky, but the game seemed pretty well polished to me

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Jason-DFG said:

Theres a big chance its just something on my end i've not seen to many reports

This is probably a stupid question - but are you 100% sure you are running the latest version of the game? Hopefully it's something as easy as that in terms of a fix.

1 hour ago, Jason-DFG said:

I don't know what it is i loved the first 2 but for some reason i'm not into exodus. It might be the open world element thats ruining it for me or just the way the game is set up storywise.

For me I think its the open world, the outside used to be dangerous and stressful, now its just normal and boring.

11 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

This is probably a stupid question - but are you 100% sure you are running the latest version of the game? Hopefully it's something as easy as that in terms of a fix.

Yea i'm 100% sure i even double checked and it does say updated to the most recent update.

11 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:

Just booted my copy up out of curiosity, I've the disc version and running on PS4 Pro. No game breaking issues.

To me it sounds like a bad install or HDD going bad.

Any issues on other games you play? Are you playing on a PS5 by chance?

It might be just really bad luck i'm known for that. I'm using a external 4TB HDD but thats only been a few weeks old so that wont be the issue. I'm playing it on a ps5 yes maybe that could be a factor.

Edited by Jason-DFG

I've finished the game three times or so (on PS4), and I barely encountered any bugs, except for those in-game enemies (pun intended). None that come to mind at this very moment, actually.

Sounds like it could very well be on your end, man. But maybe it's wise to wait for one more month, because 4A Games is releasing the enhanced PS5 version very soon, free of charge for all owners of the PS4 edition.

Also, I actually really enjoyed the game, it's an amazing addition to the Metro portfolio. It sucks that the errors you're dealing with are taking away from your enjoyment, because Metro Exodus is objectively speaking a great game.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 9:47 AM, Jason-DFG said:

It might be just really bad luck i'm known for that. I'm using a external 4TB HDD but thats only been a few weeks old so that wont be the issue. I'm playing it on a ps5 yes maybe that could be a factor.

If other games stored on the external drive run fine it probably isn't a drive issue. Try transferring it to the internal storage and see if the issue persists.

I know some PS4 games can be pretty buggy on the PS5, you might need to investigate it further and see if others who play on PS5 have the same issues as yourself.

On 5/12/2021 at 10:48 AM, JoaLoft said:

I've finished the game three times or so (on PS4), and I barely encountered any bugs, except for those in-game enemies (pun intended). None that come to mind at this very moment, actually.

Sounds like it could very well be on your end, man. But maybe it's wise to wait for one more month, because 4A Games is releasing the enhanced PS5 version very soon, free of charge for all owners of the PS4 edition.

Also, I actually really enjoyed the game, it's an amazing addition to the Metro portfolio. It sucks that the errors you're dealing with are taking away from your enjoyment, because Metro Exodus is objectively speaking a great game.

Wonder would the enhanced edition have a separate trophy list?

Really hope for more games, Dmitry Glukhovsky doesn't plan to write anymore novels of Metro. But we do have STALKER 2 in development to fill that Eastern European post apocalyptic void.

42 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

If other games stored on the external drive run fine it probably isn't a drive issue. Try transferring it to the internal storage and see if the issue persists.

I know some PS4 games can be pretty buggy on the PS5, you might need to investigate it further and see if others who play on PS5 have the same issues as yourself.

Really hope for more games, Dmitry Glukhovsky doesn't plan to write anymore novels of Metro. But we do have STALKER 2 in development to fill that Eastern European post apocalyptic void.

I think it is just my luck i managed to beat my first run 2 days ago with some reloading of checkpoints that seemed to fix some of the bugs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:

No idea if it will be a separate list or if you can make them autopop from PS4.

I've got good news for you: 4A Games has already officially confirmed that Metro 4 is in the works for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X.

• Like 2