Never fail a single mission?

The first time when I played this game was on my iPad (mobile Version) in 2014 and I love it. Since then I finished the story multiple times and once got 100% completion. Recently I purchased my first PlayStation and noticed that you can play GTA SA on here too. I know it‘s the og PS2 version emulated to run on PS4.

So there is no doubt that I‘ll also play it on PlayStation some time (not near future). There is the Assert Yourself Next Time trophy for failing a mission. Is it possible to get this trophy as the last trophy (unlocking platinum) in this game? Usually you would earn it very early in the game, but couldn’t I pause the game and restart from a prior save slot when I think I couldn’t finish a mission successfully? This would probably prevent the mission fail.

I know this kinda sounds stupid but I would definitely give it a try, because how cool would it be if it worked? It would also take like a lot of time and nerves but when the time comes I could be ready for it, to be honest.

What do you think of this plan? Should I try it when I‘ll get back to GTA SA, or is this the most ridiculous and insane thing you ever heard and I should just play it like a normal person?

• Like 2

Go for it, I like it. Altough no one but yourself will probably ever notice it ;) I have done something similar for GH: Metallica (complete tutorial) and Rocksmith 2014 (fail same song 10 times). No extra effort there though unlike your case, just a fun out of place trophy order.

• Like 1

Didn't some people do something similar with Dark Souls' trophy for dying the first time? Like finish every other trophy and then die to get both the trophy and platinum?

To me it sounds more bothersome than challenging but no doubt it would grant you brag rights and if you're up for it, best of luck. Just remember to follow the damn train CJ

• Like 3

Thank you for your replies. I didn't think I would get replies this fast, because the last post in this sub-forum was updated like 5 months ago. As I said I don't plan to start GTA SA in the near future and I thought I would be waiting way longer for replies. I will buy it when there is a discount going on and when I feel like it. This game (and the bundle) is on discount over and over again, so I don't think I'll need to buy it ASAP at the lower price.

6 hours ago, Bezenko said:

Go for it, I like it. Altough no one but yourself will probably ever notice it ;) I have done something similar for GH: Metallica (complete tutorial) and Rocksmith 2014 (fail same song 10 times). No extra effort there though unlike your case, just a fun out of place trophy order.

6 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

How cool would it be, really?

I could understand the bragging rights if you legitimately made it through everything else without ever failing. But in this scenario all it will prove is that you can hit pause quickly

My vote is don’t bother

I know I would be doing it entirely for my ego only and it doesn't prove any real skills, but I can seriously see myself trying this challenge. It could be that I fail it very early when playing and that's the charm for me.

I don't know if side quests can earn me the trophy, so I think my only concern would be to finish all story missions.

6 hours ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

During my speedrun i never had an unintentional fail in any mission, but because it was faster i had to take the NRG500 at the harbor and that starts a mission. I only died once in my run during a gang fight. 

To me it looks nice in your trophy list as you got the trophy later in the game. By no means will I speedrun any GTA game. I actually don't know how one could get all trophies in less than 1 day or even a couple of days. So for me it would be a longer project.

haha I did some similar things, I know a person who got the trophy for using 3D duke nukem cheat last before the platinum, meaning that the person got the whole platinum without cheats ? very cool, but few or no people will notice , people only notice bad things on your profile like a damn trophy almost a decade ago that for a very specific reason came out of the natural order, then you need to find a convincing explanation for that...

• 2 weeks later...
On 13.5.2021 at 1:31 AM, kevao97 said:

I know a person who got the trophy for using 3D duke nukem cheat last before the platinum, meaning that the person got the whole platinum without cheats 1f606.png very cool, but few or no people will notice

I will also try to get the platinum without using cheats. From what I've seen you only need to finish story, do the collectibles and other miscellaneous stuff. I have a 100% save (without cheats) on my iPad (mobile version), so if the controls on the PS2-emulated PS4 version of GTA SA are fine, it should be feasible. That save also got like 200 hours of playtime but only because I used to just drive around when I didn't have my PlayStation. A never-fail-a-mission-run probably wouldn't be any shorter than this. To me it's still worth every hour.

On 13.5.2021 at 1:31 AM, kevao97 said:

people only notice bad things on your profile like a damn trophy almost a decade ago that for a very specific reason came out of the natural order, then you need to find a convincing explanation for that...

Yeah, that would suck. I've looked into some disputes and what I've learned is that in some cases you should just hide the game if you know the trophies you just earned aren't even possible. So when I play an online game and a hacker unlocks all trophies for me it's best to let them not sync onto this site. I wouldn't like it at all if I was forced to hide a game, but there are no better options, I think.

It's good that for every trophy I earn a video and screenshot is automatically saved. Even though some videos or screenshots are missing, this feature works well for me. But I can't imagine how many TBs you'd have if you played hundreds of games.

• 1 month later...

I can confim that failing a side mission (Vigilante, for example) still gives you the trophy. When I played the "remastered" version, that was the first thing I did. Stole a police bike, started Vigilante, waited the timer to run out and bam. Trophy popped after that. Therefore, I wouldn't say it's missable.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but yes while it is possible, I can just see in my mind all the instances of in the game where you’ll just die out of nowhere due to a rogue explosion or something, the final act of the game especially lol. It can happen suddenly if you’re chasing a target or crash the plane in the desert, (or that flying mission for the Don), anything. 

I tried to see how long I could last and then my dumbass tried to fight the Pizza Stack employee that had a gun in the second mission. I guess he was invulnerable to getting run over multiple times LOL.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I have to agree with what most people are saying, to do this legit would be next to impossible, I failed the NRG mission alone like 10 times to get ‘bike or biker’ and that’s not even a base game mission, a couple of those toy missions are finicky too, sometimes the camera angle can get you killed when your tying to lock on to a target that’s blasting your armour and health in about 3 seconds flat and it points you in the opposite direction which gets you killed.

I’d rate this accomplishment 10/10 in difficulty with all the obstacles surrounding such a task, and even if it was done, it’s not something anyone would ever even notice so it seems kinda pointless, I mean I’ve never looked past someone’s list really, maybe the occasional game il check the top 50 achievers if I feel like I’ve done a game pretty quick but I’ve never scanned people’s time stamps on trophies for random accomplishments you’d never expect, but to anyone who does do this, I salute you 

On 12/05/2021 at 4:16 PM, HazyDie said:

The first time when I played this game was on my iPad (mobile Version) in 2014 and I love it. Since then I finished the story multiple times and once got 100% completion. Recently I purchased my first PlayStation and noticed that you can play GTA SA on here too. I know it‘s the og PS2 version emulated to run on PS4.

So there is no doubt that I‘ll also play it on PlayStation some time (not near future). There is the Assert Yourself Next Time trophy for failing a mission. Is it possible to get this trophy as the last trophy (unlocking platinum) in this game? Usually you would earn it very early in the game, but couldn’t I pause the game and restart from a prior save slot when I think I couldn’t finish a mission successfully? This would probably prevent the mission fail.

I know this kinda sounds stupid but I would definitely give it a try, because how cool would it be if it worked? It would also take like a lot of time and nerves but when the time comes I could be ready for it, to be honest.

What do you think of this plan? Should I try it when I‘ll get back to GTA SA, or is this the most ridiculous and insane thing you ever heard and I should just play it like a normal person?

If you know how the game works and what to do and have the best weapons and all that then this game is a breeze i've beat it several times without failing a mission. but their is no harm in failing a mission for a trophy 

Edited by ScottishNub

• 1 year later...