Online Pass

Snaipi_

Yup.

I used the $1 PS Now to get GOW: Ascension's single online trophy.

11 minutes ago, ShahinMiah said:

What a fantastic idea online passes were.... NOT. But anyways, all games on PS Now have the online pass embedded into their games. I myself used PS Now to get the online trophies for the God of War games that required online for Platinum

The only God of War game that included online was Ascension :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, guyz! I bought a brand new (sealed) copy of GoWA. And an online pass turned out to be invalid (I guess it's expired). Shitty situation though, cause I kinda wanted to get plat, so, I guess, it's not an option for me anymore. Just wanted to warn you all. If you wanna buy this game and getting plat is essential to you, you, probably, should choose a digital version. I just prefer physical copies, so i've chosen that one (and failed, haha :D).

Edited by Just-Petya
corrected mistakes
  • Like 4

• 9 months later...
On 5/12/2021 at 11:28 PM, Cynthia-Roses said:

Oh man, I remember online passes... What a terrible idea. It's crazy to think that they thought this would be the norm...

And you think they fixed this terrible idea by forcing us pay for the plus ? it is another terrible idea in my opinion, we paid for the disc NEW we have the right to play online because it is part of the game, DLC is another story but online comes with the game.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

And you think they fixed this terrible idea by forcing us pay for the plus ? it is another terrible idea in my opinion, we paid for the disc NEW we have the right to play online because it is part of the game, DLC is another story but online comes with the game.

Could’ve sworn a brand new copy gives you the online pass & it’s only used copies. Still bullshit but I don’t think what you’re claiming is true.

1 hour ago, miovrag_mne said:

Thx.  Is this 100% secure information? That's why some games didn't come with vip pass (grid 2, dirt shotdown)

No, Not all PS3 digital games came with their online passes. The 2 you mentioned were Codemasters, who were notorious for this. Dirt 3 was another where it was a separate purchase. That said, I'm pretty sure it's limited to Codemastes, and the pass is included with this game. 

On 4/10/2022 at 11:08 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

Could’ve sworn a brand new copy gives you the online pass & it’s only used copies. Still bullshit but I don’t think what you’re claiming is true.

What you mean what i said is not true ? i am talking about PS4 games btw, PS3 yes you need a new copy but we buy new copies for PS4 games and yet we need to pay for the plus as well in order to play online.

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2022 at 5:05 PM, Great_MazingerZ said:

Oh definitely not, but it was even worse for Xbox players who had to buy gold AND the online pass.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/05/2021 at 9:54 PM, ShahinMiah said:

What a fantastic idea online passes were.... NOT. But anyways, all games on PS Now have the online pass embedded into their games. I myself used PS Now to get the online trophies for the God of War games that required online for Platinum

That was a good idea!

Thanks, I've upgraded to Premium for the next 2 months, I will finally get to play two games that I didn't have the time to play back then, R&C All 4 One and GoW A., as well as other games such as Lego Indiana Jones 1 & 2 and other games.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12.5.2021 at 10:19 PM, HuntingFever said:

All Digital PS3 and Vita games come with the Online Pass Hardcoded into them.

Does that mean I need to download and install the 35 GB large PS Plus version instead of using my physical copy (that was purchased used a while ago)? Great! ?

For anyone interested:
If you happen to own the physical version but don't have the Online Pass, you can use the one from the digital version as well. The game was on PlayStation Plus from 4 August 2015 until 1 September 2015*. If you grabbed that version back in the day, you can download its Online Pass without waiting an eternity to download and install the 35 GB large digital version of the game. I've just tested this on a dummy account and it works.

*https://playstation.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Plus_monthly_games_(PAL_region)

Edited by R4M Razr