Worst trophies ever!

On 22/10/2021 at 1:35 PM, xh117 said:

The annoying trophies is the reason I'm not playing this, already got the plat on the original nier so I did my time lol.

Yeah I wouldn't want to do it twice. I don't know why it makes you farm materials when you can buy most others and you have to have $1mil for another trophy. So you wind up with huge amounts of money, trying to get some random item to drop so you can upgrade a weapon you'll never use.

The game is repetitive enough as it is without the needless item farming.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2021 at 10:21 AM, ExHaseo said:

This thread made me lol so hard. It doesn't require full completion and isn't even difficult. The game itself is even fun to play. It's so weird how the community has been so warped by joke plats, like every Raitalaika game.

Relative to what the game involves to just finish it the trophies are pretty terrible. Yeah it's not a 900 hour Star Ocean IV type experience but it's a small action game with light RPG elements so shit like growing moonflowers which takes real time and grinding out materials to fully upgrade weapons you're not even going to use is pretty tedious. Maybe it's part of the metanarrative about the menial nature of Nier's existence in game but for us trophy whores it's a bit tiresome. Another example is Pacman 256. The game is a simple infinite scroller that you get the entire experience of in about 5 minutes yet you're expected to play for minimum 15 hours to fully upgrade everything. Again, 15 hours isn't the longest completion but relative to what it is there it feels like an eternity. 

On 13.5.2021 at 8:13 AM, mana__banana said:

I love the game, music, the characters.

But these are the most annoying trophies I ever seen.

I hate the fact that they force you to skip cutcenetes to get bosses speedrun trophies.

Every stupid trophy cliche is here: extra speedrun playthrough, awful 20 hours material grinding, trophies based on real time, trophies based on in-game time, "sit on a boar for 5 min" stupid s***, collect not cumulative gold... It's a full package!

100% agreed, I played Automata for like 100 hours and sucked in every drop of story this game had to offer. I even wrote a thesis for college about the game and I LOVE the fact you don't need to care much about trophies in Automata.

Reading about these trophies here makes me want to play the game on an alternative account for the sake of the story and skip trophy hunt. It looks so tedious, grindy and utter stupid. NieR and Bioshock are probably the best story games I played in my whole live of video gaming and I don't know why they create something idiotic like this. 

Of course, I know "you don't need to do it" yada yada but getting the platinum in a beloved game is the icing of the cake and it's always sad to skip going for trophies because of a tedious list. I would really prefer difficulty related trophies over grind and speedruns.

Just wanted to say I really share your opinion. Nonetheless I can't wait to finally start with the game next week :-) 

• 4 months later...
On 11/26/2021 at 8:35 AM, DavySuicide said:

100% agreed, I played Automata for like 100 hours and sucked in every drop of story this game had to offer. I even wrote a thesis for college about the game and I LOVE the fact you don't need to care much about trophies in Automata.

Reading about these trophies here makes me want to play the game on an alternative account for the sake of the story and skip trophy hunt. It looks so tedious, grindy and utter stupid. NieR and Bioshock are probably the best story games I played in my whole live of video gaming and I don't know why they create something idiotic like this. 

Of course, I know "you don't need to do it" yada yada but getting the platinum in a beloved game is the icing of the cake and it's always sad to skip going for trophies because of a tedious list. I would really prefer difficulty related trophies over grind and speedruns.

Just wanted to say I really share your opinion. Nonetheless I can't wait to finally start with the game next week :-) 

Just missed the final boss speed kill trophy for a 2nd time.. I'd say fuck that trophy and the hidden invincibility periods of any boss fight...

Gotta skip all the cut scene make it even worse

• 1 month later...