Yuber's ArcSys Fighters Challenge (COMPLETE)

Yuber6969

Sweet challenge! Was waiting for this post tbh, since I love ArcSys games too (more of a Guilty Gear fan, but I mess around with the other entries too).

I mentioned it in the status update, but...Persona 4 Arena the original one has a different story and different trophies. Not sure if it falls under the Nr 1 rule though xD  Also soon you will have to add Guilty Gear Strive to the list too...once it will be launched!

Anyway, can't wait to see your progress! Best of luck :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Sweet challenge! Was waiting for this post tbh, since I love ArcSys games too (more of a Guilty Gear fan, but I mess around with the other entries too).

I mentioned it in the status update, but...Persona 4 Arena the original one has a different story and different trophies. Not sure if it falls under the Nr 1 rule though xD  Also soon you will have to add Guilty Gear Strive to the list too...once it will be launched!

Anyway, can't wait to see your progress! Best of luck :D 

I forgot about Strive; I'll add it.

I played the vanilla Persona 4 Arena story as DLC in Ultimax, so it does fall under rule 1 lol. I'm sure it sounds like I'm just avoiding the challenge, so hopefully I can prove myself with the nearly-as-rare Battle Fantasia plat.

Thanks for the interest!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

I forgot about Strive; I'll add it.

I played the vanilla Persona 4 Arena story as DLC in Ultimax, so it does fall under rule 1 lol. I'm sure it sounds like I'm just avoiding the challenge, so hopefully I can prove myself with the nearly-as-rare Battle Fantasia plat.

Thanks for the interest!

Ah ok! I will be honest, I skipped the story so if it's in Ultimax, then it's understandable :D 

• Like 1

I like this challenge! Will be watching to see this pan out.

Arcana Heart 3 is in my list of unplayed games. Bought it years ago because waifus but never got around to playing. It sounds like it's pretty tough. Do you have a difficulty rating that you would give it?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I like this challenge! Will be watching to see this pan out.

Arcana Heart 3 is in my list of unplayed games. Bought it years ago because waifus but never got around to playing. It sounds like it's pretty tough. Do you have a difficulty rating that you would give it?

Thanks!

If you have the Vita Love Max version, I'll help you with the online trophies.

I can't speak for the vanilla version, but I'd give Love Max a 7/10. The platinum breaker is a boss named Parace. She's the reason a lot of people don't get the plat. She can chain super attacks into combos and can easily take out half of your health before you can do anything. She can also heal herself. There is a cheese method, but even that requires both skill and luck. It's definitely doable though.

A couple of the trials are tough too, but nothing compared to the high-level combo challenges seen in other ArcSys fighters.

If you haven't actually bought either version yet, get it on PS3 instead of Vita. Because of the fact that you can't use 2 controllers on a Vita, you will have to do extra boosting.

EDIT: Just noticed that you bought it already. Which one do you have?

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, yuber1234 said:

Thanks!

If you have the Vita Love Max version, I'll help you with the online trophies.

I can't speak for the vanilla version, but I'd give Love Max a 7/10. The platinum breaker is a boss named Parace. She's the reason a lot of people don't get the plat. She can chain super attacks into combos and can easily take out half of your health before you can do anything. She can also heal herself. There is a cheese method, but even that requires both skill and luck. It's definitely doable though.

A couple of the trials are tough too, but nothing compared to the high-level combo challenges seen in other ArcSys fighters.

If you haven't actually bought either version yet, get it on PS3 instead of Vita. Because of the fact that you can't use 2 controllers on a Vita, you will have to do extra boosting.

EDIT: Just noticed that you bought it already. Which one do you have?

I have Love Max on PS3. Didn’t realize there was a vanilla version before now ? Parace sounds pretty OP, but going for the plat seems likely if Continuum Shift Plat is successful for me.

I can’t imagine trying to play a super precision game like a fighter on the Vita. Thinking about trying to grind out a fighting game plat on one sounds horrifying. Maybe people really good with the Vita can swing it but I definitely need to be able to use my fight stick or at least a proper controller like the Hori Fighting Commander. 

• Like 1

Sorry to be a nitpicker but Arcana Heart is developed by Examu, Chaos Code by FK Digital, Under Night games by French Bread and Kill la Kill by A+. ASW just published those games.

Otherwise good luck with the completion? I fell in love with fighting games thanks to the older ASW games. I still respect the company, even though I don't like their recent output<3

Edited by amex_svk
  • Like 2

If you enjoyed Persona 4 Arena Ultimax so much and fancy even more of a challenge, the original Persona 4 Arena game is one to check out. Although there is a lot of online, and the game is region locked so not sure how easy it would be to find a boosting partner. The score attack mode on this game is mental

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

@Heather342 I already played P4A's story in P4AU's DLC, so I won't be repeating it. I heard the horror storries about Score Attack and the combo challenges though.

Yeah, it's pretty tough. I pick it up and practice every now and then. I hope that one day I will overcome this challenge ?

• Like 2

All online trophies for Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator are done. Next step will be to get the online trophies done for Sign and for Battle Fantasia. I need to get the online trophies for Granblue Fantasy Versus too, but I don't own the game yet; waiting for a price drop.

Also, a friend of mine told me that Battle Fantasia is still available digitally. He was right; I don't know how I missed it. I no longer have to rush the game over concerns about PS Now.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 3

Always nice to see more people getting interested in Arc Sys games. Good luck on finishing everything dude. Out of all the games on this list Battlefantasia is probably the hardest. Don’t be like me and choke after parrying Deathbringer’s super. I quite literally had over a dozen post-super chokes before I got that damn trophy. That’s the stuff that makes you want to throw a controller. BTW, nice to see you here @Heather342. Best of luck to you on Arena and Ultimax. BTW since we’re on the topic of Love Max does anyone know how to get Elsa’s attack 3 link animation? I really hope you don’t have to do her critical heart. 

Edited by postofficebuddy
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, postofficebuddy said:

Always nice to see more people getting interested in Arc Sys games. Good luck on finishing everything dude. Out of all the games on this list Battlefantasia is probably the hardest. Don’t be like me and choke after parrying Deathbringer’s super. I quite literally had over a dozen post-super chokes before I got that damn trophy. That’s the stuff that makes you want to throw a controller. BTW, nice to see you here @Heather342. Best of luck to you on Arena and Ultimax.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. And yeah, I figured it was going to be the hardest game. Congrats on the plat!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, postofficebuddy said:

BTW since we’re on the topic of Love Max does anyone know how to get Elsa’s attack 3 link animation? I really hope you don’t have to do her critical heart. 

I haven't gotten to that yet, but I'll post here when I do.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 7:13 PM, yuber1234 said:

I haven't gotten to that yet, but I'll post here when I do.

Thanks for be willing to check but I actually managed to do it just now. God, what a ridiculous input. For the sake of anyone else going for this I hope this isn’t the only to get this animation (except for a really long combo maybe). I think I’ll test out a few things with this one. If this is the only realistic way to do it than the best advice I can offer is buffer the down up input off of a crouching heavy attack. That should give you a few more frames to do the super motion. Also remap the A+B macro to the X button if you’re playing on a PS3 controller. 

:edit: Tried to do the CH in simple mode and as far as I can tell it can’t be done. 

Edited by postofficebuddy
  • Like 2

Online trophies for Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- and Battle Fantasia are done. The Battle Fantasia trophies were glitchy for me, so I had to do around 80 ranked matches instead of 60.

The only online trophies I still need are from Granblue Fantasy Versus (and presumably Strive), but there's no need to rush them since those servers shouldn't be going away any time soon.

I've been grinding memories in Arcana Heart 3 Love Max for hours and still have about 30 to obtain. Can't wait to be done.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Respect for putting up with that on the Vita. I cannot imagine. At least it's over now.

Was thinking about going for this on PS3 at some point, but if it's really that bad I ought to reconsider.

Thanks!

It is really bad IMO, and it's definitely not welcoming for people new to the genre because there's no tutorial.

The challenging trophies in the game are very satisfying, but the tedium of the grind outweighs that satisfaction.

• Like 1

I'm thinking of buying a fight stick to make the combo challenges less difficult. I've been told they make it easier, but I have literally never used one before, so would that still be the case for me?

What do you guys use, and what do you think I should do?

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 1

It's 100% worth it. The digital precision and not busting your thumbs on a D-Pad are all worth the price tag.

I unfortunately can't give you any modern recommendations though because I'm using a dirt-old PS2 Hori arcade stick with a PS3 adapter. I was actually going to post at some point asking about good, modern arcade sticks, but hopefully someone here has something.

• Like 1

I'm thinking of buying a fight stick to make the combo challenges less difficult. I've been told they make it easier, but I have literally never used one before, so would that still be the case for me?

I am on a different opinion tbh, buying a fight stick won't help you at all, it would hinder you more. You have to learn how to play with that stick on top of dealing with the combo. If you want to buy it only for the combos, I strongly suggest continue with the d-pad, as you won't have any advantage with the stick. Heck, buy a turbo controller instead, for the mashing sections. 

But if you still want to buy a stick, one possible suggestion is Madcatz fightstick. I can switch between ps3 and ps4 with it and is accurate enough. Pretty cheap, the only downside is holding it(not very stable) 

• Like 1

I bought one to work on the Persona 4 Arena combos. Personally, I've found it helps but I still have a pretty long way to go completing all my challenges ?

I would also recommend the Madcatz stick. This is the one I got from a second hand website, and it cost me around £45 which wasn't too bad. I have to place it on a small table to use it as it is a bit big

• Like 1

Thanks @AihaLoveleaf, @Copanele, and @Heather342. I'm not sure what to do with the conflicting opinions, but at least now I know which one to buy if I do buy one. It might have been worth mentioning that I don't use the d-pad during combo challenges; I use the analog stick for those.

Good luck with P4A Heather. That's probably harder than this entire challenge lol.

• Like 2