Yuber's ArcSys Fighters Challenge (COMPLETE)

Yuber6969

• 1 month later...

3S0c258c.png

Not a Stitch Out of Place

Won 50 consecutive battles in Survival Challenge.

This trophy requires you to beat 50 opponents in a row in Survival Challenge. The first few opponents are no-star difficulty, then eventually 1-star opponents start showing up, and this pattern continues up to 3-star difficulty opponents. You recover very little health between fights - usually below 5%. Your special gauge is carried over to the next round. Your valor rank is maintained between fights. but will sometimes drop by 1 before a fight starts.

Using Mako, I had no trouble with this trophy. Mako is completely overpowered. She can take out her opponents in 2 or 3 combos and when I say "combos," I mean pressing square repeatedly. What makes her even more broken is that this combo can easily chain into her SEN-I-SOSHITSU, even if the opponent blocks it. The combo also increases her special gauge quickly, making it easy to abuse her SEN-I-SOSHITSU.

To make this even easier, the game seems to give you easier opponents if you play as Mako. Almost all of my opponents were no-star difficulty. I had about 10 1-star opponents, 5 2-star opponents, and no 3-star opponents. The guide says that you can even get runs where every opponent is no-star difficulty. I tried Survival Challenge with the dual-wield variant of Satsuki and only beat about 25 opponents IIRC.

• Like 3

I got all of the trophies related to the Cover Challenges, except for one which is just a grind. Cover Challenges involve fighting several groups of covers (small enemies that die quickly) under various circumstances.

25Sa8589d.png

100 Seconds, 100 Victories

Cleared 100-Man Brawl within 100 seconds.

In the 100-Unit Extermination mode, you have to destroy 99 regular covers and 1 large one in 100 seconds. As per the guide's instructions, I used Ragyo and spammed her square -> circle combo. This trophy was easy.

12Seebcae.png

Fibers of Fury

Defeated 150 enemies in 1 Minute Brawl.

You have to beat 150 covers in a minute. It's literally impossible to do this in 60 seconds, but covers can sometimes drop items that increase your time. This took me about 5 tries. First of all, luck is involved as covers don't always drop time bonuses. Secondly, as I mentioned before, you automatically lock on to the nearest opponent. Combine this with the fact that you can't move the camera, and it can be hard to see if the covers dropped the time bonus items.

4S3604a7.png

1000 Kills a Day

Defeated 1000 units in Endless Brawl.

In Endless Extermination, there is no time limit, but you are tasked with defeating 1000 units in one sitting. This also took me about 5 tries. Every time you kill about 150 covers, a large cover appears. If it wasn't obvious, they have more health and do more damage. Because of the aforementioned lock-on issue, I would often be locked on to a regular cover while getting attacked by the large cover from behind.

• Like 1

I can really recommend the Kill la Kill anime. It's one of those Trigger series that absolutely deserves a watch. It has a very unique premise, the characters stand out a lot in their designs, it's super hilarious and, above that, it's batshit crazy at times. Loved the heck out of it. No idea about the written works of this one but the anime I can totally recommend if you're up to watching a good, crazy show. =D

Now, the game. I was planning on playing this one at some point soon but I can see it has some issues with its controls. What with having way too many functions attached to the same button combination, that's always a source of frustration. That being said, I such had a blast with the anime that I can see myself playing this one with a smile no matter the downsides. ^^

And I'm sure Mankanshoku Mako is the best character in this game without having tried it out already. She was the most kickass character in the anime by far so I'm sure the same stands here, lmao. xxD

animesher.com_kill-la-kill-mako-gif-16961d218d1fac55629d90989f4ea9a1c7f6.gif

• Like 4

@Honor_Hand I rarely watch TV/anime these days because I would rather use that time to play games, but I'll be sure to check out Kill la Kill if I get back into anime.

Speaking of Mako, when I first saw her I was like "Honor would like her." xD 

Edited by Yuber6969
  • Like 3

At long last you started the other major Arcsys game ?congrats! 

You might still like Blazblue more even after experiencing Guilty Gear games (usually people like the series that they start with the most) buut this franchise has a good story too. 

Just excuse the madness that was this game, it was released in 1998 after all xD at least there is no SNK input reading bullshit here, just "imma fire all my cannons at once, learn how to deal with it" gameplay. 

GG XX Accent Core will make more sense and feel more close to Blazblue quality once you start it. 

2 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Testament sounds like a real pain in the ass, which makes it all the more hilarious to see him get smacked by May's TOTSUGEKI! 1f42c.png

The May Dolphin curse started with this game. World was never the same afterwards. 

Goddamn TOTSUGEKI 

• Like 4

Cool to see the first GG completed under your profile, Yuber. I have yet to experience the GG franchise to its fullest. I have already played some of the games elsewhere, and I have at least 2 pending games left to finish under my profile (XX Accent Core plus & Xrd: Revelator), but 1998's GG is one I have not played. Glad to see there's no SNK's input reading bullshit on this one, just a difficult game but not cheap in any way.

As the others have mentioned, the series gets progressively better the most you dive with the latest games, so yeah, wait till you get there. ^^

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

@Yuber6969 We'll settle this in the ring 1f609.png

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

Hey if you guys want to start a tournament in Accent Core, count me in. Imma play Justice 1f602.png

I only have Accent Core on the Vita, plus I never want to see that asshole Justice again xD

We can settle this in Xrd at some point! :P 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

4S2ef1e8.png

Time Traveler

[Survival] Selected Time Traveling skill 3 times in a row.

Congrats for accomplishing this one :D 

Justice is pretty much the best character for this mode because of that crazy Imperial Ray Overdrive. Glad that you managed to get this one, the rest of the list is a walk in the park!

As I was saying in the chat, this one is probably the hardest trophy from the entire series so you are pretty much done. All you need is patience for XRd -SIGN- MOM Mode and XRd Rev2's 150 medals xD 

• Like 1

1S6f9173.png

Arcade Complete!

[Arcade] Complete with any character (any difficulty)

The guide for the Vita version of this game fails to mention that you have to fight the secret boss (Order Sol) in order to get this trophy. I cleared Arcade Mode without fighting him and did not get the trophy. I'm not sure what the requirements are to fight him, but I know that it has to do with using a lot of instakills or overdrives. I died against I-No once in my second Arcade Mode run, and was still able to fight Order Sol, who completely wrecked me. Thankfully, you don't have to beat him to get the trophy, you just have to fight him.

The regular final boss, I-No, is tough even on the lowest difficulty setting. She can't be instakilled and she has a bullet-hell style attack that is tough to dodge. On my first Arcade Mode run, she killed me about 5 times before I learned how to dodge it.

• Like 4

Big congrats there!

I am SO glad you enjoyed this game. Since I know you are a Blazblue fan, I was a bit worried that you won't enjoy Guilty Gear as much. Happy to see that you ended up having fun with it, and on a Vita nonetheless. 
Obviously on PS3 the game moves way smoother. As for jank...let's say that Testament is the same ass that he was in the original GG.

7 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

I'm starting to enjoy the Guilty Gear story. In my opinion, it's not nearly as good as BlazBlue's so far, but I heard that it gets a lot better from Xrd onwards, and I believe it. I think the protagonist (Sol) is incredibly boring and I miss Ragna. However, a lot of the other characters are entertaining to me in one way or another. Johnny is really cool and Robo-Ky made me laugh out loud on several occasions. The game did a good job in the fanservice department as well; Baiken, Millia, and especially I-No are all hot. I got a chance to try all characters since I had to for the Story Mode trophy, and I liked Baiken's counter-based combat style. Assuming she plays similarly in Xrd and has some decent combos, she will likely be my main.

All I can say that yes, despite me being a diehard GG fan, even I can tell that Ragna is abit more deep than Sol (or at least for GG XX standards, Sol gets a mad character upgrade in the next games).

And yep, Baiken is played the same in XRd, WITH some extra shenanigans. You will love her new animations too. She gets dumbed down in Strive though, so that's a pity xD 

Best of luck with following Guilty Gear 2 Overture's story. What was in Lord Daisuke's head when he turned the game into a tower defense thing, nobody knows...

• Like 3

Very interesting read! and this challenge sounds interesting! from those i've only platinumed Cross tag, Central fiction, Arena ultimax, Kill la kill, and under night. Cross tag of which was my first BB game and that was fun and easy, then I did Central fiction which admittedly was hard but i knew that i had to push myself to do it because i was looking forward to the release of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and being a huge persona fan i wanted that plat more than anything, so i managed to get central fiction after i bought the DLC character, then Arena ultimax almost broke me with the combo challenges but after soooo many hours i managed to get the shadow lab combo and the plat. 

After arena i decided to put these games on a long possibly infinite pause as i was planning to play chronophantsma extend next but i thought its too much of a pain in the butt. 

Tho more recently i platinumed under-night and i had a ton of fun with a stress free fighting game plat and it reminded me why i play these games in the first place and how fun they actually are, and i plan to do Fighting EX and Nitroplus soon (they're both fun looking anime fighters with easy looking plats check em out) and i did the platinum for kill la kill a few years prior when i was into the anime and the game was cheap on sale. 

from the other stuff i'll probably man up and do chronophantasma extend at some point because i feel i've gotten so much better at these games that i honestly cant imagine that it'll be that bad to do that plat now, besides its the last ps4 blazblue plat i need and ill deffo not do the ps3 or vita ones. And i'll do guilty gear strive whenever it's cheaper. 

Keep it up and best of luck dude! 

• Like 2

Great job getting it done, Yuber! Balls of steel as usual, for going for the Vita completion, of all things. I've seen all the annoyances in Accent Core - like the survival mode (a real "2/10" there), while keeping up with the updates, but it's nice to see none of it got in the way of finishing the trophy list.

9 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

The game did a good job in the fanservice department as well; Baiken, Millia, and especially I-No are all hot.

This is nice to see as well. +1 to my own rating, for the fanservice. 

• Like 2