Yuber's ArcSys Fighters Challenge (COMPLETE)

Yuber6969

I've been working on the Frame Advantage trophy in BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend. I need to complete all 20 of one character's combos.

I picked Iron Tager as he apparently has the easiest challenges (comparatively). Not sure if I'm just having a bad day, but I'm already stuck at Mission 11. I'm not too surprised at this, because I've always hated using the tank-characters in fighting games.

If I can't progress with Tager, I might try Bullet.

I'm thinking this plat will by hardest in this challenge so far.

• Like 1

Ah, Frame Advantage...yeah Iron Tager has the easiest trials by far there, however you must catch a "feel" for his combos. 

His trickiest stuff that you have to learn are his whiff moves Atomic Collider (when you have to float the enemy instead of grabbing him) and Gadget Finger. Not sure why you need to whiff the Gadget Finger, it's probably a cancel, but eh if it's there it's there.

The good part is that if you complete M11 you will have a general idea of how Iron Tager works as a character, his next missions will be easier and every trial is a modification of the previous trial. The only ones that are legit difficult and where you'll need to put some serious work is M19 and M20. Those require some pretty sick timing :D 

I tried to do Bullet's trials too but my god do they get ridiculous later on xD not sure if you'll have more success with her.

• Like 1

@Copanele You were spot on; Atomic Collider is exactly where I'm stuck. I'm relieved to hear that it gets easier after getting mission 11 down. I guess I'll keep trying with him.

As for Bullet, I only considered her because she's the only other character whose mission 20 I found a video solution for. Didn't know she'd be hard lol.

Just now, yuber1234 said:

@Copanele You were spot on; Atomic Collider is exactly where I'm stuck. I'm relieved to hear that it gets easier after getting mission 11 down. I guess I'll keep trying with him.

As for Bullet, I only considered her because she's the only other character whose mission 20 I found a video solution for. Didn't know she'd be hard lol.

That's IF you reach her mission 20. But of course, these trials are purely subjective in terms of difficulty, so maybe Bullet will click for you big time :D 

As long as you don't attempt Litchi, you should be fine. Her trials are...just no.

But yeah...that goddamn Atomic Collider took me some time to master too. Once you get the feel for it, it's all floaty floaty from that point on!

• Like 1

I made some major progress with the Chronophantasma Extend combo challenges.

Mission 20 is done! I used the method in the video below.

It took me about 3 hours to get it done, and about 1 hour of that was trying to connect the follow-up to the Magna-Tech Wheel. When I finally did it, I landed the last Spark Bolt on the first try.

As for the rest of the challenges, I only have 12, 18, and 19 left. I didn't spend a lot of time on 18 or 19 yet, but 12 is giving me a lot of trouble.

The combo for 12 ends with 8C, 8B, 8C, 63214A. The combo always stops after the 8B, and I can't figure out why for the life of me. I can't remember the last time I raged so hard playing a game. I'm pretty sure I woke up everyone in my house with "BUT I ******* PRESSED IT!!!"

On a non-combo note, the story is the best in the series so far imo. Unfortunately, they really nerfed Jin, who was my main (even though I hate his character). I might try Ragna, since he's my favourite.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 4

Hey yuber1234, thanks for the invitation here. :D

Happy to see people interested in all of these ArcSys fighting games. I see you're in touch with @Copanele-sensei already, this guy is a legend here when it comes to beating tough-as-nails fighting games. I mean, he loves them that much that you can see himself waterfall-training with them regularly on his updates, lol. ? Seriously, though, a super experience guy right here.

Anyways, you have a very complete list of here, not sure if there's anything else I could add. I'm actually discovering this Chaos Code game you're mentioning here, I had no clue about its existence until now. I will add this one to my radar of games to get. As for games you might be missing in your list, I didn't see any. Maybe Skullgirls 2nd: Encore? I know it wasn't developed by ArcSys but at least the Japanese release got published by them according to Wikipedia. The game looks on par with what you have here so it kind of sounds like the best excuse to add it here. I don't know what you think. :hmm:

Also, a bit sad that you didn't like Arcana Heart 3 as it's one of my favorite fighting games so far. So much so that I got the Platinum on Love Max!!!!! on the PS3, the vanilla version on PS3 (which is one of the hardest), and I'm planning to do the remaining stacks at some point later. I'm impressed that you got your Platinum on the Vita version as I'm somewhat scared of playing fighting games there. I really love how fast-paced the fights are, how you need to know how to rush your opponent, and how you can pair different arcanas with the characters to make for some interesting combinations. The fanservice is low indeed but the charm of the sprites and how fluid the game is still there. The combos, well, yeah, it isn't as combo heavy as some of the other ArcSys fighting games you have here but there's potential on this side as well. I actually enjoyed that one a great deal, man, I don't know... :dance:

I'm somewhat away from fighting games right now since I'm completing a few other titles I have before tackling on my 150th milestone (I'm planning to do Trackmania Turbo for that one) but I'll be getting back to them after that. I'm currently helping @AihaLoveleaf with Continuum Shift so I might jump back to that one and see if I can do those challenges there. Other than that, glad to see you'll be doing BattleFantasia as well. It's going to be fun having someone to exchange frustration with on that game, lol. xD

• Like 4

Good idea for a challenge. Definitely will follow your progress so keep up the good work!

Unless I missed it completely I don't see vanilla BlazBlue Continuum Shift or vanilla Chrono Phantasma mentioned. Is that because they are just..you know..vanilla versions? I wouldn't blame you to omit them in all honesty. Just because of vanilla CS trophies being the hardest BlazBlue game of them all. Those trials are quite tough. 

• Like 2

Lol @Honor_Hand overestimating me as usual xD but still thanks lol. I did persecute you with my dumb status updates that's for sure ?

Anyway @yuber1234 I gave a try at M12, because I couldn't remember why it was so hard. Here's the catch, you probably have issues at that CBC part. You have to cancel with a HIGH jump (as in down -> up, that will launch you way up there). 

If you managed to do that mission, big congrats !!!! If not, hope the video helps xD If you can see Iron Tager leaving a slight afterimage, that's the hint that you need a high jump. Or a hyperjump idk how it's called.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 2

@Honor_Hand Thanks for stopping by! Yeah, Copanele has already been so helpful; I'm lucky to have him here.

I took a quick look into Skullgirls 2nd: Encore, and it doesn't look like ArcSys had anything to do with it, but that was just a quick look. I'll look into it more later.

I really didn't like AH3, but to be fair to the game, I didn't play the previous games, so it was hard to appreciate the story. I definitely didn't like the combat much though, but to each their own. :)

Battle Fantasia is going to be stressful lol.

@FreshFromThaDeli Thanks for following this! I mentioned in my original post that in the case of games with more than one version, I will be playing the definitive version. I don't want to play the same game twice when there's so many games out there I want to play.

It probably sounds like I'm just avoiding the challenge, so I'm hoping to prove myself with the Battle Fantasia plat. I've heard it was the hardest ArcSys fighter plat after vanilla Persona 4 Arena.

@Copanele I actually figured that out last night and managed to complete the mission ?. I didn't want to annoy everyone with too many updates, so I figured I'd wait until I made more progress before making another update.

Man I feel bad though, you made a video and everything. Thanks for doing that!

• Like 2

Just now, yuber1234 said:

@Copanele I actually figured that out last night and managed to complete the mission 1f605.png. I didn't want to annoy everyone with too many updates, so I figured I'd wait until I made more progress before making another update.

Man I feel bad though, you made a video and everything. Thanks for doing that!

Ah ran out of rep points xD no issue, don't feel bad hahah, wanted to actually do that video ever since you got the struggle last time but eh...got stuck in Yakuza and forgot. 

Glad you figured it out though!! I also had a "wait a second game, that's a hyper jump there, why you not telling me that?" moment.

Crossed fingers for the rest! M19 should be the only tricky one left. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

@FreshFromThaDeli Thanks for following this! I mentioned in my original post that in the case of games with more than one version, I will be playing the definitive version. I don't want to play the same game twice when there's so many games out there I want to play.

It probably sounds like I'm just avoiding the challenge, so I'm hoping to prove myself with the Battle Fantasia plat. I've heard it was the hardest ArcSys fighter plat after vanilla Persona 4 Arena.

Gotcha. I missed that in the opening post. You made the right choice in opting to play the definitive versions of games.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

I made some major progress with the Chronophantasma Extend combo challenges.

Mission 20 is done! I used the method in the video below.

It took me about 3 hours to get it done, and about 1 hour of that was trying to connect the follow-up to the Magna-Tech Wheel. When I finally did it, I landed the last Spark Bolt on the first try.

Congrats yuber! I have a real rough time doing inputs with Tager, especially the ones that need a full circle. Getting all 20 challenges done for one character sounds hellish. Here I was thinking the other games might be easier.

4 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

I'm currently helping @AihaLoveleaf with Continuum Shift so I might jump back to that one and see if I can do those challenges there.

I'm interested to see how you would do cleaning up the rest of the game, given your already good experience with fighters. Not sure if you still have your 2010 save file but keep in mind you may need to redo some of those achievements for the gallery unlocks to get Mint Condition.

3 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Just because of vanilla CS trophies being the hardest BlazBlue game of them all. Those trials are quite tough. 

This is unfortunately the one I got stuck with. To make it even worse, it's my first real fighting game. I haven't gone full-time on the Challenges yet because I still have other content to finish up, but even level 3/4 on some characters has been rough. It's going to be a hell of a time getting enough clears in for Superior State of Mind and Mint Condition, even with the DLC characters counting towards the 100 for the first trophy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I'm interested to see how you would do cleaning up the rest of the game, given your already good experience with fighters. Not sure if you still have your 2010 save file but keep in mind you may need to redo some of those achievements for the gallery unlocks to get Mint Condition.

Yeah, no, that save file got lost on a previous HDD corruption so I will have to do a bunch of those again. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Congrats yuber! I have a real rough time doing inputs with Tager, especially the ones that need a full circle. Getting all 20 challenges done for one character sounds hellish. Here I was thinking the other games might be easier.

Thanks! It definitely has been tough; pretty similar to P4AU in terms of difficulty, but I can't decide which is the tougher one until I'm done.

I have heard that vanilla CS is still tougher than this though.

• Like 1

Nice challenge and great works on those games!

BTW speaking of arcade controllers, would you prefer an arcade stick or hitbox? cuz sometimes I feel like any type of sticks (arcade or ds4) are not providing 100% accurate and efficient input compared to hitbox

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Astray404 said:

Nice challenge and great works on those games!

BTW speaking of arcade controllers, would you prefer an arcade stick or hitbox? cuz sometimes I feel like any type of sticks (arcade or ds4) are not providing 100% accurate and efficient input compared to hitbox

Thanks!

I feel like a total noob here, but what's a hitbox? ?

3 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Thanks!

I feel like a total noob here, but what's a hitbox? 1f605.png

HB---Banner---6k75-v1603928475374.jpg?8400x3024

Basically it replace the stick with 4 buttons, but I have no experience on using this before

Edited by Astray404
  • Like 2

Just now, Astray404 said:

Basically it replace the stick with 4 buttons, but I have no experience on using this before

I imagine that would be harder for me, cause I use the analog stick on the controller during combo challenges.

5 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

I imagine that would be harder for me, cause I use the analog stick on the controller during combo challenges.

I can feel ya. It depends on which type of FTG I think, like if there are lots of quarter, half, or full circle inputs, then arcade stick would be a better choice?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

This is unfortunately the one I got stuck with. To make it even worse, it's my first real fighting game. I haven't gone full-time on the Challenges yet because I still have other content to finish up, but even level 3/4 on some characters has been rough. It's going to be a hell of a time getting enough clears in for Superior State of Mind and Mint Condition, even with the DLC characters counting towards the 100 for the first trophy.

It's a great first real fighting game, the challenges are quite difficult. I found them tougher than the challenge trophy in P4AU to be honest. 

• Like 2

Lc329e0.png

As @Honor_Hand mentioned in an earlier post, the Japanese version of Skullgirls 2nd encore was published by ArcSys. Though I will be playing the North American version, I will add this game to the challenge. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Honor!

I have mixed feelings about this game. On one hand, I'm stressed out because it seems far more difficult than any of the other games in this challenge. On the other hand, I'm happy because I feel like a game of this difficulty would prove that I'm not avoiding vanilla versions of certain games due to the challenge.

I'm waiting for a sale before I buy it, so hopefully it doesn't get delisted soon.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Lc329e0.png

As @Honor_Hand mentioned in an earlier post, the Japanese version of Skullgirls 2nd encore was published by ArcSys. Though I will be playing the North American version, I will add this game to the challenge. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Honor!

I have mixed feelings about this game. On one hand, I'm stressed out because it seems far more difficult than any of the other games in this challenge. On the other hand, I'm happy because I feel like a game of this difficulty would prove that I'm not avoiding vanilla versions of certain games due to the challenge.

I'm waiting for a sale before I buy it, so hopefully it doesn't get delisted soon.

Ohh that's a great addition to the list. Didn't even know it was published by ArcSys! 

Out of personal experience I'd say, if you do the BBCPEX 100%, you won't have too many issues with this game. It's not an easy game by any means, but it's not absurdly difficult either (despite the percentage xD )

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Ohh that's a great addition to the list. Didn't even know it was published by ArcSys! 

Out of personal experience I'd say, if you do the BBCPEX 100%, you won't have too many issues with this game. It's not an easy game by any means, but it's not absurdly difficult either (despite the percentage xD )

I had never even heard of this game before Honor mentioned it lol.

When you say do BBCPEX 100%, do you mean 100% of one character's challenges, or 100% of all challenges?

34 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

I had never even heard of this game before Honor mentioned it lol.

When you say do BBCPEX 100%, do you mean 100% of one character's challenges, or 100% of all challenges?

Ah I wanted to say if you platinum it actually :D the BBCPEX platinum will give you the trial and survival skills required in Skullgirls 2nd encore.

• Like 1