Yuber's ArcSys Fighters Challenge (COMPLETE)

Yuber6969

Congrats, yuber1234.

I knew you had this one in the bag. Bread and Butter might've gotten a bit tougher than expected towards the end, but you pushed through and scored an exceptional Platinum over here.

Isn't the story in these BlazBlue games amazing? I mean, I know it can be convoluted and difficult to follow at times but you got to give it to the developers for crafting such a well-thought narration and interesting plot to follow for a fighting game. Most fighting games don't do that. BlazBlue was the first fighting game I saw to really go out of its way to try to tell a compelling story for its characters inside the game. Gotta applaud it for that. :D And you also have the gag reels, which are just lol. ?

Man... I haven't touched any of my fighting games in days. I did all of the onlinery in Guilty Gear Accent Core+ recently but that's about it. Haven't even booted Continuum Shift or any other. I really need to get back to those.

Any ideas on your next project?

Maybe I can entice you to suffer through BattleFantasia? ^_^

• Like 4

Best of luck with this! Glad I was able to contribute to the cause with FighterZ!

I should probably play more ArcSys games, myself. Been meaning to give GG a go, but I plan on starting from the beginning. Just haven't gotten around to it haha.

• Like 1

@Copanele Thanks, I'm really glad you enjoyed it! You should really make a trophy guide or a series of YouTube videos for this game. You've clearly mastered this game, and there isn't enough info about this game available, so I think it would be popular! 

I'm going to take a break before my next fighter, because if I have to do one more combo challenge right now, I'm going to snap. ?

@Vergil Thanks! I saw a YouTube video that said the next BlazBlue game will not be a fighter and it will be a mobile-only game. ☹️

@Honor_Hand Thanks! The story is definitely amazing, despite the fact that it gets convoluted. I think Ragna is just so cool, and I totally agree with you about some of those gag reels. If you're looking to pick up a fighter soon, I suggest Calamity Trigger. There are no combo challenges, and the superboss of that game is less difficult than Parace from AH3LM, who you've already beaten more than once IIRC. Also if you like VNs, the XBlaze games are great.

The next game will be Centralfiction as I'm dying to see how the BlazBlue story ends, but I need a break first. Battle Fantasia will come later, but it will come! ?

@AihaLoveleaf Thanks! It wasn't the first time I had to do 100% of one character's challenges (P4AU), but it was the most brutal time.

@postofficebuddy Thanks! That's exactly what I'm doing; I'm playing Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD at the moment. ?

@BrilloHD Thanks! I was actually just thinking of messaging you about this other day, but I didn't think you were active on these forums anymore. Let me know when you get to GG; I'll be happy to help you with the 3-person trophies.

@Azzmosis Thanks! My next one (Centralfiction) looks easy, so I think I'll be alright. I'm more worried about Battle Fantasia and Skullgirls 2nd Encore.

Edited by yuber1234
Typo
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

@Copanele Thanks, I'm really glad you enjoyed it! You should really make a trophy guide or a series of YouTube videos for this game. You've clearly mastered this game, and there isn't enough info about this game available, so I think it would be popular! 

I'm going to take a break before my next fighter, because if I have to do one more combo challenge right now, I'm going to snap. 1f602.png

Oh yes do take a break before you lose any fingers ? as for trophy guide, not sure yet, not feeling the "groove" to write a BB guide :D but will consider it. At least I should record the Tager combo challenges, for future use.

Centralfiction will be easier down the line, you have best boi Susanoo and Mai (if you buy her, you SHOULD buy her). Trials aren't hard at all there, the Score Attack or whatever is the real issue of that game.

Still wondering if I should play Battle Fantasia...it didn't really look that good truth be told, but since you and @Honor_Hand are going for it...hmmm. Tempting!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Oh yes do take a break before you lose any fingers 1f602.png as for trophy guide, not sure yet, not feeling the "groove" to write a BB guide :D but will consider it. At least I should record the Tager combo challenges, for future use.

Centralfiction will be easier down the line, you have best boi Susanoo and Mai (if you buy her, you SHOULD buy her). Trials aren't hard at all there, the Score Attack or whatever is the real issue of that game.

Still wondering if I should play Battle Fantasia...it didn't really look that good truth be told, but since you and @Honor_Hand are going for it...hmmm. Tempting!

So far all I've done in Battle Fantasia outside of the online grind is one playthrough of arcade mode, so I can't really comment on how good the game is. Combat-wise, it wasn't as fast-paced as BlazBlue, but I did have fun with the one playthrough. I have no idea how the story is, and for a lot of people (including me), that's the main draw of ArcSys fighters. Maybe I'll get to the game sooner than I had planed to so that I can give you more of an opinion.

As for the challenge, I have no doubt that you can do it, but I'll show you what to expect anyway. The platinum breaker is a trophy for beating the final boss of arcade mode on hard or very mode without taking any damage. This means that you have to parry all of his attacks rather than blocking them. That includes a combo which is 20 hits IIRC, and you must parry every individual hit.

Here's a video of it:

EDIT: I forgot to mention one very important thing. If I understand correctly, the only version of this game that has trophies is the North American digital version. I believe I read somewhere that disc versions do not have trophies. You might want to look into this in case I've remembered it wrong.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 2

Ok yeah this sounds like way too much of a headache, to find the correct version and bother with the grindy online. That "Daigo parry" thing doesn't look too attractive either xD

Will decide next month, because this month Strive ate all my pocket money. But that gameplay looks truly janky.

• Like 1

I only did all of the online stuff with BattleFantasia. I really haven't played through Arcade or anything else that much as to have a complete opinion of the game. It's an ArcSys fighting game and it is very...unique with its characters and setting but the gameplay does feel janky. It's not bad by any means but it does play like a jaggedy old arcade game. Kind of as if they were experimenting at the time with 3D models but weren't quite sure on how to get many things right. The gameplay feels okay, clunky but serviceable. The game's 3D models look hideous, though, even by 2007 standards. Only a few characters stand out (Coyori <3), but everything else looks kinda ugh.

And yeah, I remember reading something along the lines saying that the physical releases of the game in the EU doesn't have trophies, only the digital NA release has trophies.

The only hard trophies are, according to the guide on PST and people's opinions online, the character-specific combo ones and the You Want Me To WHAT? trophy, which is just insanity.

• Like 3

Random inquiry, but I am just realizing I have copies of Arcana Heart and King of Fighters XI for the PS2, neither of which have really been played.

Anyone here know if they have challenges comparable to their PS3 sequels? Could be a way for a fighting noob like me to test the waters without committing to the brutal Platinums of Love Max and KOF:XIII.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:

The only hard trophies are, according to the guide on PST and people's opinions online, the character-specific combo ones and the You Want Me To WHAT? trophy, which is just insanity.

I've heard the trophy for survival mode is also pretty tough.

53 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Random inquiry, but I am just realizing I have copies of Arcana Heart and King of Fighters XI for the PS2, neither of which have really been played.

Anyone here know if they have challenges comparable to their PS3 sequels? Could be a way for a fighting noob like me to test the waters without committing to the brutal Platinums of Love Max and KOF:XIII.

I haven't played either of those PS2 games, but I can tell you that Love Max doesn't have combo challenges. There are a couple of combo-related trophies, but they are much easier than BBCPE and P4AU (and therefore, easier than vanilla CS).

The closest thing is trial mode, which tasks you with various things like defeating your opponent with only airborne attacks, or defeating your opponent in 10 seconds. It gets quite hard, but for the most part you don't have to worry about combos. ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, yuber1234 said:

Despite my plan to only play the definitive versions of the games, I will be adding BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (vanilla) to the challenge. @AihaLoveleaf @Honor_Hand @Copanele and  @FreshFromThaDeli have all either finished it, are in the process of playing it, or are planning to play it. I felt left out xD

Also, I started BlazBlue: Centralfiction yesterday. I jumped into the combo challenges right away. I'm using Susanoo and these challenges are significantly easier than the ones in Chronophantasma Extend (so far). He has 22 challenges and I am already at #17. I got through the first 16 with very little difficulty.

#17 is giving me trouble. It begins with a crouching C, jump cancel, jumping B, jumping C, standing A. I only managed to connect the standing A once, then I choked at the very end of the combo.

I haven't gotten far at all in the story. It began with a 30-minute recap of the series so far and now I finally understand the story up to this point. I love the BlazBlue story but it was a convoluted mess prior to Centralfiction. Centralfiction has already given me a good impression for clearly explaining everything from the previous games. I'm sad there's no English dub though. This is one of the few series I chose the dub over the sub.

Pft corruption lurks around every corner xDxD not sure how I got roped in this challenge either but HEY it was a cheap game! Time to have fun heh.

For Susanoo, be careful that some moves must connect twice, don't mash, that's his big trick. Probably that's the point that gets you :D 

Alsooooo....I agree. I normally pick sub over dub, but damn, the dub in this series is hella good. Centralfiction felt weird in japanese voices.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Pft corruption lurks around every corner xDxD not sure how I got roped in this challenge either but HEY it was a cheap game! Time to have fun heh.

For Susanoo, be careful that some moves must connect twice, don't mash, that's his big trick. Probably that's the point that gets you :D 

Alsooooo....I agree. I normally pick sub over dub, but damn, the dub in this series is hella good. Centralfiction felt weird in japanese voices.

I did notice that a lot of his C moves hit twice. IIRC, this one required a double hit. My issue is timing (I think). It's one of those combos where the AI is continuously jumping, so I'm pretty sure my issue is figuring out the exact moment to start the first attack.

3 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

Despite my plan to only play the definitive versions of the games, I will be adding BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (vanilla) to the challenge. @AihaLoveleaf @Honor_Hand @Copanele and  @FreshFromThaDeli have all either finished it, are in the process of playing it, or are planning to play it. I felt left out xD

Mission accomplished!

dHm0nlb.jpg

• Like 4

I mentioned in my previous update that I was stuck on Susanoo's challenge #17. The way the combo challenges work in this game is that the combos are divided into tiers: Normal, Hard, and Expert. Each tier has 10 challenges for each character, but some characters have less than 10 expert challenges. So when I said "challenge 17," what I meant was "Hard tier Challenge #7." I completed all challenges in Susanoo's hard tier except for #7, and I'm locked out of the expert challenges until I finish this. I spent another couple of hours on this challenge and then officially gave up on this character.

I started doing Es' challenges and I've been breezing through them. There were a couple where I struggled a bit but I can't even remember the details; that's how easy her challenges have been so far. I've noticed that her combos (so far) are very heavily reliant on aerial attacks. I mained with Margaret in P4AU (including for combo challenges), and her combos are like that too, so I'm experienced in these types of combos.

I finished all of her hard-tier challenges and haven't spent any time on her expert ones yet. The game shows that she has 7 expert missions, but every YouTube video I've seen only shows 3. My guess is that you can choose whichever 3 you want.

I also got some of the online trophies for Continuum Shift (thanks @AihaLoveleaf and @Copanele!) I need a turbo controller for the rest and am waiting for one that I ordered to arrive.

• Like 4

VKcYinY.jpeg

I've hit my first rough patch with Es. This combo has no gimmicks, but the Standing B after the 214B has to be inputted very quickly. Speed-based combos are very tough for me as my right wrist gets tired quickly from an old boxing injury. After about an hour, I finally did it, but I experienced a glitch. I got the "Excellent" message instead of the "Challenge Clear" message. I haven't done the training in this game yet, but in the previous games "Excellent" is the message you get when you complete a lesson. As far as the game is concerned, I haven't cleared the challenge, even though every individual input was darkened (suggesting I succeeded).

Really frustrated ?

Edited by yuber1234
Typo
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Man, Es looked like a tough cookie in the later challenges. Normally yeah Excellent means there's more to that challenge.

Honestly this one is not so bad when compared to CPE and P4AU. My biggest concern is that glitch. I can definitely complete this challenge again after a number of re-tries, but if it won't count as a pass, I won't know what to do.

EDIT: I misread what you wrote. What do you mean by there's more to the challenge?

Edited by yuber1234

Really sucks you had to experience that glitch. Speed combos are rough, I have to remember a bunch of stuff AND go fast? Oh no.

43 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

EDIT: I misread what you wrote. What do you mean by there's more to the challenge?

Also, @Copanele was referring to Excellent meaning that you would have to do another combo or two in order to clear that Challenge. Like one Challenge could have two combos to get through, and you get Excellent after the first one, and Challenge Clear after the second one. You know all of this I'm sure, but just to clarify.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Really sucks you had to experience that glitch. Speed combos are rough, I have to remember a bunch of stuff AND go fast? Oh no.

Also, @Copanele was referring to Excellent meaning that you would have to do another combo or two in order to clear that Challenge. Like one Challenge could have two combos to get through, and you get Excellent after the first one, and Challenge Clear after the second one. You know all of this I'm sure, but just to clarify.

I appreciate the clarification; I forgot that it was like that in CSE (and CS). That doesn't seem to apply here though. I didn't unlock a second part of the challenge. Also, in all of the YouTube videos I watched of her challenges, the YouTuber got a "Challenge Clear" after doing the same combo I did, and then proceeded to Expert Challenge 2.

Unless there's info I'm missing, I can only conclude it's a glitch :( . I just bought Mai, and I'll try her challenges now.

• Like 1