Yuber's ArcSys Fighters Challenge (COMPLETE)

Yuber6969

I made it to Mai's hard-tier challenges. I was progressing fine, and I suddenly got really fed up with how many more I have left to do. I went back to Susanoo and promised myself I would clear his last remaining hard-tier challenge. It took me about 2 hours, and I had to study the timing on Sample Play so many times on slow motion, but I got it done.

He has 4 expert level challenges, and every single YouTube video I've seen shows the YouTuber getting the trophy after completing only 2 of them. I'm taking this to mean that I have a choice, and I hope I'm right.

I would definitely still say this is notably easier than P4AU and CPE, but I would not label this an "easy game." I might still be burned out from CPE though.

EDIT: Just cleared Expert Challenge 1. Selected "Next Mission" and was brought to Challenge 6 (he only has 1, 6, 7, and 10). All the YT videos I saw have him only doing 1 and 10, so I'm going to go straight to 10 and see if I get the trophy.

EDIT 2: So it turns out challenges 6 and 7 were added from a patch.

EDIT 3: Cleared challenge 10. I'd have the damn trophy now if I was playing pre-patch xD .

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

EDIT 3: Cleared challenge 10. I'd have the damn trophy now if I was playing pre-patch xD .

That's what broke my heart also XDoh well, 2 extra trials to do!

Also i forgot! But you probably figured it out: at Susanoo it's very important to have the right level for your seals (the ones in the bottom left corner). I struggled with one combo at some point just to realize i had Level 3 when I actually needed level 2.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Copanele said:

That's what broke my heart also XDoh well, 2 extra trials to do!

Also i forgot! But you probably figured it out: at Susanoo it's very important to have the right level for your seals (the ones in the bottom left corner). I struggled with one combo at some point just to realize i had Level 3 when I actually needed level 2.

Out of rep points -_-

I figured that out the hard way when I was trying to do the first Expert challenge. I kept retrying without resetting the position, and I needed level 2 when I had level 3. I was raging so hard because I knew for a fact that I had the correct inputs and timing xD . That's probably the same mission you figured it out too.

1 hour ago, yuber1234 said:

7L42d39c.png

BlazBlue: Centralfiction

Blue Flamed Challenger

[Challenge] Completed all of a single character's challenges.

There is one thing that I want to address right now. I have seen numerous people call this an easy game. If you are a fighting-gamer at my level (not an elite but not a noob), this is still hard. It's easier than Persona 4: Arena Ultimax, and miles easier than BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend, but it is still hard. This game warrants the Ultra Rare status that it currently holds. And I haven't even attempted the other challenging aspects of the game yet. The preceding words were based solely on combo challenges.

I tried Susanoo, Es, and Mai as my characters for this challenge, and succeeded with Susanoo in the end. The vast majority of Susanoo's challenges are easy, but there are 2 that are very troublesome. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Hard Challenge #7 requires perfect timing at a couple of different points in the challenge. This is against a jumping opponent, making it harder.

Expert Challenge #6 was also hard for me. Near the beginning of the combo, you have to mash C, which prompts a very fast multi-hit attack. After the attack hits once, you must use a B+C+D cancel before the second hit (which happens in a fraction of a second). After the cancel you must quickly land a crouching A, and of course - the game only gives you a fraction of a second do this. I mentioned in an earlier update that I struggle with speed-based combos as a result of an old boxing injury. This combo took me almost 3 hours and literally hurt my wrist.

Good job with the trophy. I did Ragna's combos for the trophy which are harder than Susanoo's in my opinion. Never played P4A Ultimax or Chronophantasma Extend. The hardest challenge in BBCF is without question Course C in time attack. Once you get that the platinum is guaranteed. Missions 3 and 10 on Expert were a pain in the arse for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Good job with the trophy. I did Ragna's combos for the trophy which are harder than Susanoo's in my opinion. Never played P4A Ultimax or Chronophantasma Extend. The hardest challenge in BBCF is without question Course C in time attack. Once you get that the platinum is guaranteed. Missions 3 and 10 on Expert were a pain in the arse for me.

Thanks! I've heard Time Attack here was tough. And those Ragna combos do look tough; dashing mid-combo is tricky.

Nice going, @yuber1234. :D

Very impressed to hear that Speedstar is actually harder than the combos in this game. Those survival and time trial modes in games can be a bitch at times. And you telling me that Speedstar is a combination of those. Well, damn... Looks like we'll be in for a world of hurt with this mode once we get there. I've taken mental notes of the tips you and @Copanele have shared about this mode in particular. Looks like the mighty Tager got dethroned out of his cheese throne for this one and Mai will be the one to use to beat this thing effectively.

You're very close to the Platinum on this one, man. You can do it! :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:

Nice going, @yuber1234. :D

Very impressed to hear that Speedstar is actually harder than the combos in this game. Those survival and time trial modes in games can be a bitch at times. And you telling me that Speedstar is a combination of those. Well, damn... Looks like we'll be in for a world of hurt with this mode once we get there. I've taken mental notes of the tips you and @Copanele have shared about this mode in particular. Looks like the mighty Tager got dethroned out of his cheese throne for this one and Mai will be the one to use to beat this thing effectively.

You're very close to the Platinum on this one, man. You can do it! :D

Thanks! I have heard a few people suggest Tager, so that could still be an option for you ?

• Like 1

Lfe32a4.png

BlazBlue: Centralfiction

Difficulty: 7.5/10

This was a step down in difficulty from Chronophantasma Extend, but it was still quite tough. Like in Chronophantasma Extend, there is a trophy for completing all of one character's combo challenges. I chose Susanoo for this and most of his challenges are easy, but he has two that are quite difficult. One requires very precise timing while the other requires extremely fast inputs. Both took me a few hours each to complete.

Faster! requires you to complete all Speedstar courses (A - C). Speedstar is basically a hybrid of Score Attack and Time Attack modes seen in other fighters. You basically need to finish your opponents as quickly as possible, and with at least a distortion finish. Course B was very tough as you had to fight 32 extremely aggressive opponents with very little time. They block frequently and like to eat up your time with 20+ hit combos that chain into distortion drives. I spent a whole day on this. Contrary to the popular opinion, I found Course C to be significantly easier. While time is more limited in Course C, the AI is less defensive so it's easier to bait them into getting astral finished. Shoutout to @Copanele for teaching me how to play as Mai!

Abyss Mode is somewhat similar to Survival Mode from games like Tekken. One big difference is that your character has stats that can be leveled up like in a JRPG. In the previous BlazBlue games, Abyss Mode was just a grind. This time, the last 200 floors of this mode have brutally tough AI, and I refused to grind my stats. Thankfully, you can save your progress after every 100 floors (there are 800), but a lot of retries were needed here nonetheless.

Enjoyment: 8/10

I have both positive and negative things to say about this game, so I'll get the negative stuff out of the way. For reasons I can't get into for the sake of spoilers, you spend a large portion of the story watching events you've already seen in previous BlazBlue games. This was lazy writing under the guise of trying to nostalgia-bomb the player, and I didn't fall for it. Also, this game was even more convoluted than the previous games in the series. There is still stuff that I don't understand, and I am too fed up to go back for an explanation. Those of you who read my Chronophantasma Extend review may remember that I praised the game for reducing filler and the amount of times you have to hear Hakumen's awful "white void" speech. Centralfiction took a step backwards and brought those things back. There is so much filler in the form of "sub stories" and almost all of them are boring.

Now for the positives. Once you get past the repeated events, the story gets really good. The game did a great job making the player feel the full range of emotions during scenes, all of the major protagonists got developed, and all questions you would have had throughout the series got answered. Combat was more fluid than in the previous games (not that it was ever a problem). The writers did a great job wrapping up the series as this game had one of the most memorable endings I've ever seen in a video game. I'm going to miss BlazBlue.

• Like 4

Hotdamn, another game from the challenge done!!!

Future is looking good already :> 

7 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

I have both positive and negative things to say about this game, so I'll get the negative stuff out of the way. For reasons I can't get into for the sake of spoilers, you spend a large portion of the story watching events you've already seen in previous BlazBlue games. This was lazy writing under the guise of trying to nostalgia-bomb the player, and I didn't fall for it. Also, this game was even more convoluted than the previous games in the series. There is still stuff that I don't understand, and I am too fed up to go back for an explanation. Those of you who read my Chronophantasma Extend review may remember that I praised the game for reducing filler and the amount of times you have to hear Hakumen's awful "white void" speech. Centralfiction took a step backwards and brought those things back. There is so much filler in the form of "sub stories" and almost all of them are boring.

That's why I turbo-ed through the story lol!

• Like 1

Congrats on the plat @yuber1234

5 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Abyss Mode is somewhat similar to Survival Mode from games like Tekken. One big difference is that your character has stats that can be leveled up like in a JRPG. In the previous BlazBlue games, Abyss Mode was just a grind. This time, the last 200 floors of this mode have brutally tough AI, and I refused to grind my stats.

Didn't realize you were going in with a handicap (if we can call it that). Would grinding out more stats have eventually made this content trivial? It sounds like it was pretty tough getting to the end.

7 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Now for the positives. Once you get past the repeated events, the story gets really good. The game did a great job making the player feel the full range of emotions during scenes, all of the major protagonists got developed, and all questions you would have had throughout the series got answered. Combat was more fluid than in the previous games (not that it was ever a problem). The writers did a great job wrapping up the series as this game had one of the most memorable endings I've ever seen in a video game. I'm going to miss BlazBlue.

Now this is interesting. I definitely have unanswered questions, haha. Guess I'm gonna have to put Centralfiction on my list! I'd love to see a new, proper BlazBlue someday, but if they ended the story here then I guess that might really be it. We'll see.

• Like 1

Thanks @Copanele and @AihaLoveleaf!

7 minutes ago, Copanele said:

That's why I turbo-ed through the story lol!

Despite my complaints about the filler and the recycled content, the rest of the story was great and I'm glad I watched it lol. Will definitely be turboing through vanilla CS though!

6 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Didn't realize you were going in with a handicap (if we can call it that). Would grinding out more stats have eventually made this content trivial? It sounds like it was pretty tough getting to the end.

It probably would have. I should have mentioned that you can get equipable items that give you certain perks like blocking astrals, but those items are randomly dropped by bosses and you know how I impatient I am with RNG :P .

5 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Now this is interesting. I definitely have unanswered questions, haha. Guess I'm gonna have to put Centralfiction on my list! I'd love to see a new, proper BlazBlue someday, but if they ended the story here then I guess that might really be it. We'll see.

This would definitely answer all of your questions (assuming you play the other games first), but it does get convoluted so you may need to re-watch/re-read a couple of things.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Nice one, Yuber. Outstanding job here with the BB franchise. ^^

So, what's our next step now? BattleFantasia or Skukllgils 2nd Encore? :awesome:

Thanks!

I'm going to play a couple of non-ArcSys games, and then come back with Vanilla CS. I want to get CS done while I'm still used to the BB combat style.

Battle Fantasia will be the next one after that, so maybe we can suffer together if you'd like to pick it up again soon xD . I definitely want to get my PS3 games done before Sony tries to kill the legacy consoles again.

I might also play Kill la Kill before one of those two games since it's apparently short and easy.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

Thanks!

I'm going to play a couple of non-ArcSys games, and then come back with Vanilla CS. I want to get CS done while I'm still used to the BB combat style.

Battle Fantasia will be the next one after that, so maybe we can suffer together if you'd like to pick it up again soon xD . I definitely want to get my PS3 games done before Sony tries to kill the legacy consoles again.

I might also play Kill la Kill before one of those two games since it's apparently short and easy.

Battle Fantasia is a good pick to clean up after BB:CS because of how similar it is. I'm doing the story mode grind now and it is exactly the same setup as BB CS/CSE. Multiple playthrough's of each character to complete every character interaction to get the percentage up to 100%. The annoying part is having to lose on purpose to every character in every path which adds up in time spent just working on a character's story mode 100% completion. There is no save option in the playthrough's so if you miss one of the requirements for the special objectives part way through the playthrough then you have to start the run again from the beginning.

Micro management is necessary like remembering to end every match with a normal (bar the special matches), not a special or super special and losing on purpose in every fight before going for the win. It's easy to forget which path needs what even when using a guide. So my advice is to play a podcast in the back and just concentrate on one character at a time before moving onto the next one as you may forget which path you have cleared already etc.

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Battle Fantasia is a good pick to clean up after BB:CS because of how similar it is. I'm doing the story mode grind now and it is exactly the same setup as BB CS/CSE. Multiple playthrough's of each character to complete every character interaction to get the percentage up to 100%. The annoying part is having to lose on purpose to every character in every path which adds up in time spent just working on a character's story mode 100% completion. There is no save option in the playthrough's so if you miss one of the requirements for the special objectives part way through the playthrough then you have to start the run again from the beginning.

Micro management is necessary like remembering to end every match with a normal, not a special or super special and losing on purpose in every fight before going for the win. It's easy to forget which path needs what even when using a guide. So my advice is to play a podcast in the back and just concentrate on one character at a time before moving onto the next one as you may forget which path you have cleared already etc.

Now that sounds very unpleasant lol. While I loved CSE, I hated the whole "multiple playthroughs" thing, so I'm not looking forward to doing that again.

Do you have a guide that you would recommend specifically for the story?

28 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Now that sounds very unpleasant lol. While I loved CSE, I hated the whole "multiple playthroughs" thing, so I'm not looking forward to doing that again.

Do you have a guide that you would recommend specifically for the story?

The whole game is boring and bland so inherently is isn't fun from the onset, that's just my opinion though. At least BB has fun and engaging combat/amazing music/great story.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/33235-gachi-battle-list-and-story-completion/ - This was my preferred guide because everything is in character select screen order and makes the most sense when reading it.

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Battle-Fantasia/walkthrough/4 - This one had additional flavour text for some of the requirements  because I didn't know what I was doing wrong for one of the character's. That character in question being Olivia. This second guide is more clear when describing how to complete her Gachi battle where the first one made it sound like any variation of D would work so I used jump in D for all 10 of my hits thus not completing the Gachi Battle properly. This is just one example where you may want to refer to this guide in addition to the first one to make sure you know what you're doing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

The whole game is boring and bland so inherently is isn't fun from the onset, that's just my opinion though. At least BB has fun and engaging combat/amazing music/great story.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/33235-gachi-battle-list-and-story-completion/ - This was my preferred guide because everything is in character select screen order and makes the most sense when reading it.

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Battle-Fantasia/walkthrough/4 - This one had additional flavour text for some of the requirements  because I didn't know what I was doing wrong for one of the character's. That character in question being Olivia. This second guide is more clear when describing how to complete her Gachi battle where the first one made it sound like any variation of D would work so I used jump in D for all 10 of my hits thus not completing the Gachi Battle properly. This is just one example where you may want to refer to this guide in addition to the first one to make sure you know what you're doing.

Awesome, thanks a lot!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I will be adding BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (vanilla) to the challenge. I just can't get enough of BlazBlue; I want all of the plats.

Shout out to @AihaLoveleaf for helping me with the Vanilla CS online trophies and @Honor_Hand for helping me with the Vanilla CP online trophies. Both of them had already gotten those trophies, so it was extra kind of them to help me out. Thanks again guys!

I made some notable progress with the combo challenges for Continuum Shift:

59Sfb1071.png

By the Power of Trinity...
Beat over 7 missions in Challenge mode using Platinum.

53S87fbdb.png

I Gnu It Was Ewe
Beat over 7 missions in Challenge mode using this character.

^(Makoto)

56S20e658.png

On Her Ladyship's Secret Service
Beat over 7 missions in Challenge mode using Valkenhayn.

All of the character-specific trophies for the combo challenges are done. This is a big load off my mind as I most likely won't have to enter the higher level challenges with anyone in my journey to Superior State of Mind (complete 100 challenges).

Below is my progress so far:

Iron Tager: 4/10

Makoto: 7/10

Platinum: 7/10

Valkenhayn: 7/10

Tager was easy; I definitely could have progressed further. Platinum was also quite easy, and Valkenhayn gave me some trouble. Makoto was the one who made me rage. Her charge attacks require such precise timing and it took some getting used to.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 4

Damn, great job, man. Didn't know you got Valkenhayn taken care of too. That's great.

Tager is pretty easy and I have a feeling you may even end up clearing all of his challenges along the way too. I've been working on Tager 6 and it's not particularly difficult, but I'll still have to get a few hours in there to cover for my growing level of experience. You should be able to burn right through it, though.

• Like 2

I attempted every character's challenges on version 1.03 (and version 1.01 for some of the DLC ones). So far, I've completed 87 of the 100 challenges needed for Superior State of Mind. I'm farther from the goal than I would have liked to be.

Every character has 10 challenges. These are the amounts I've completed for each character so far:

Hazama: 5

Lambda-11: 4

Tager: 7

Litchi: 5

Taokaka: 4
Noel: 4

Ragna: 3

Jin: 3

Rachel: 6

Carl: 4

Arakune: 5

Bang: 4

Hakumen: 4

Tsubaki: 4

Mu-12: 4

Makoto: 7
Platinum: 7

Valkenhayn: 7

I was surprised at how tough some of the lower-level challenges are. I'm also annoyed that challenges 1 - 5 for every character are multi-part challenges; it's pretty annoying to spend a long time finishing part 1 of a challenge, and then not be able to save your progress without finishing part 2. I'm going to switch to version 1.01 and try to get everyone up to at least 5.

Ragna was the hardest for me; I couldn't figure out his dash cancel even though I did so for other characters. With Jin I don't even know what I did wrong. And unsurprisingly, Carl gave me trouble with his gimmicky Minerva combos.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yuber1234 said:

I attempted every character's challenges on version 1.03 (and version 1.01 for some of the DLC ones). So far, I've completed 87 of the 100 challenges needed for Superior State of Mind. I'm farther from the goal than I would have liked to be.

87! Holy moly that was fast. You are going to plat this real soon I bet.

2 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Ragna was the hardest for me; I couldn't figure out his dash cancel even though I did so for other characters.

I realized for Ragna that the time to Dash cancel is when he's in the middle of the attack. Basically, while the purple effect from his slash is still in view. After I realized that, I was able to clear through level 5.

• Like 1

@AihaLoveleaf Thanks! I'm sure the progress will slow down quite a bit now that I've gone through every character :P .

I'll keep in mind what you said about Ragna. IIRC, you said that you did his challenges on version 1.01, so hopefully that means I'll have an easier time with him this time around.

• Like 1