Yuber's ArcSys Fighters Challenge (COMPLETE)

Yuber6969

Yuber is a beast. 87 challenges done already. I reckon you'll be reaching the 100 completed combos very soon at that rate, man.

Meanwhile, me playing CT here which is like pre-k stuff in terms of BB. x3

• Like 2

Thanks @Honor_Hand! I hope I can reach 100 soon, but I don't want to get cocky and assume that I will. I'm in the stage where I'm revisiting characters after all. ?

CT is the easiest of them all after Tag, solely because of the absence of combo challenges. But CT is not without a challenge. CT doesn't have beginner/stylish mode, so Score Attack is absolutely brutal. You'll get it done, and I say it's a plat that'll give you bragging rights. ?

• Like 2

12S5143ea.png

Superior State of Mind

[Challenge] Complete more than 100 challenges.

For the most part, this was a pretty painless experience. After getting 87 challenges done on version 1.03, I switched to 1.01 and got up to 99 challenges. This took some effort, but it was nothing crazy. Trying to finish one more challenge to make it to 100 was where things got difficult. It took me about two hours to find a challenge that I could do, and I was always getting screwed over by the dash cancel; I can rarely pull it off. I tried Hazama 6, Noel 6, Ragna 6, Tsubaki 6, Taokaka 5, and Bang 5. The dash cancel was what kept screwing me, except for Taokaka and Tsubaki. With Taokaka, I could never keep the opponent in the air and I'm still not sure why. With Tsubaki, I couldn't get the timing down with her aerial 214D. I eventually got my 100th challenge done by switching back to 1.03 and doing Noel 6.

Below are the challenges I completed:

Hazama: 5

Lambda-11: 4

Tager: 7

Litchi: 5

Taokaka: 4
Noel: 6

Ragna: 5

Jin: 6

Rachel: 6

Carl: 5

Arakune: 5

Bang: 4

Hakumen: 6

Tsubaki: 5

Mu-12: 6

Makoto: 7
Platinum: 7

Valkenhayn: 7

Thanks @AihaLoveleaf for explaining Ragna's dash cancel and @Copanele for suggesting some potential easy challenges!

I had a much harder time with Chronophantasma Extend when it came to combo challenges. The challenges themselves were definitely harder in Continuum Shift, but CS does not task you with completing every challenge for one character. This meant that if I whenever I hit a wall with a particular challenge, I could simply move on to another challenge/character.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 4

Thanks guys!

@FreshFromThaDeli My experience with the other BB games definitely helped, but I do still think CPE is harder because of the 100% requirement. If you asked me to do Tager's 19 again, it would take me a couple of hours xD

@AihaLoveleaf Your experience with CS will definitely reduce the difficulty of later games. I thought P4AU was insane when I first played it, but in hindsight it wasn't too bad.

3S73b99e.png

Score!
[Score Attack] Beat Score Attack mode.

I picked Jin for this, and it was nice to play as pre-nerf Jin again. I breezed through the whole thing until I got to Unlimited Ragna. He wasn't as tough as he was in Calamity Trigger, but he definitely made me work. It took about 10 tries to beat him. I was prepared to come back here and flex that I found it to be a pretty tame experience, but then I fought Unlimited Rachel. This might have been the most unfair fight I've ever had in a fighter, even more so than Parace from Arcana Heart 3 Love Max. It's damn near impossible to hit her as she always blocks/counters if you get close. On the other hand, if you try to fight her with projectiles, she fills the screen with thunderbolts that are very hard to dodge. It took me about an hour to beat her, and when I did, I barely succeeded. She straight up rejects Jin's cheese strategies, so I had to actually fight her head on and look for openings while blocking literally everything. I do mean everything, because if she hits you once, you will likely be stunlocked and will lose most (if not all) of your health.

• Like 4

Congrats @yuber1234!

That Continuum Shift Platinum is looking real nice on your profile, but so is this

30db16782e.png

8 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Difficulty: 7/10

I respect the fact that difficulty is subjective, but I personally don't see why vanilla CS is considered by many to be the hardest in the series. I would not want to have to 100% complete Tager's challenges again, nor would I want to deal with Speedstar a second time. It is true that my previous experience has made me better at BlazBlue in general, but I really don't think that is the sole reason that I found CS to be less challenging. To be clear: it was challenging for me; just less than CF and far less than CPE.

I had pondered over this too when you were talking about your experience in Central Fiction. Getting the Continuum Shift Platinum is definitely tough, probably the second most difficult thing I've had to do in my gaming career so far. The idea of clearing all of one character's trials was insane a couple of months ago and is still pretty nutty even now with my increased experience and skill. 

What's funny though is how much my mindset changed towards playing the other games. When you talked about your struggle with clearing all of Tager's trials, I thought "Yeah there's no f**king way I'm ever playing this." Now, my thoughts have changed to "Yeah, that's crazy, but I'm probably going to play it anyway."

• Like 2

@AihaLoveleaf Thanks! I totally did not catch that 69; you have a great eye for culture xD . There's a fair chance you'll have an easier time with CF than you did with CS since difficulty is subjective, and a lot of people regard CF as a not-too-difficult game. CPE though... yeah, I truly do believe that the trophy for completing all challenges for a character is quite insane. I have no doubt that you can do it though; I've witnessed your BlazBlue journey from day 1 and I can say you're improving drastically and quickly.

12 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Getting the Continuum Shift Platinum is definitely tough, probably the second most difficult thing I've had to do in my gaming career so far.

Alright now I'm curious lol. What was the first?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

There's a fair chance you'll have an easier time with CF than you did with CS since difficulty is subjective, and a lot of people regard CF as a not-too-difficult game. CPE though... yeah, I truly do believe that the trophy for completing all challenges for a character is quite insane. I have no doubt that you can do it though; I've witnessed your BlazBlue journey from day 1 and I can say you're improving drastically and quickly.

Thank you for the vote of confidence! ? So CPE is the one with the full character challenge requirement. Must have gotten my games mixed up, haha. Platting CPE is going to be insane, but screw it, I'm in.

16 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Alright now I'm curious lol. What was the first?

Saving that story for another day. ?

• Like 1

Mega congrats for this fun platinum xD Damn what a trip it was!

Truth be told, I would have never bothered with this game if it wasn't for you guys roping me in to play Blazblue :D 

5 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

One other thing I enjoyed about this game is that I played it at or around the same time as my friends @AihaLoveleaf, @Copanele, and @Honor_Hand (alphabetical order). It was a really fun experience sharing tips, success stories, and even rage stories. Thanks guys! 1f44d.png

Here's to more games (fighting or otherwise) to come. Hope we will have time for all of them ? because it's damn fun to talk and rant with you about them!

• Like 1

@AihaLoveleaf Both CPE and CF have a trophy for completing 100% of one character's challenges, but it's significantly harder in CPE.

@Copanele Thanks! I wouldn't have done this either if it wasn't for you guys playing it lol. Definitely looking forward to the next time we all do a game at the same time. Honor_Hand and I still have to do Battle Fantasia, so there's that. :P 

@postofficebuddy Thanks! I noticed you got this plat without help from the DLC characters. That's really impressive man.

Edited by yuber1234
typo
  • Like 3

Super congrats on the Platinum, Yuber. :D

From what I'm reading here, it seems CS is not as tough as its rarity or the people online would lead you to believe. Like, it's still hard of course, and the combo challenges inside it may be the hardest in the whole series with their multi-part bullshit and whatnot, but as a whole, the game is probably a small notch below CPE and even CF in terms of difficulty. This is interesting. So probably the combo challenges and Score Attack mode are the two most difficult things on it, but that's about it. One other thing is that you played CPE and CF before CS, so maybe that had some effect on it. Your skills on BB games are already very high by the time you got here. Imagine the people making the jump from CT to CS back in the day. Must've been tough for them. I can kind of see from where that reputation came from, lol.

I'll be going straight into CS once I'm done with CT. Wanna check if there's really that much of a difference between the two and, well, two keep things in chronological order too.

12 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

5hd3yl.jpg

CS combo challenges in a nutshell, lmao. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yuber1234 said:

@postofficebuddy Thanks! I noticed you got this plat without help from the DLC characters. That's really impressive man.

Thanks. Funny you should mention that actually. I’m not sure how many people remember this but when I was working on those challenges was during the PSN outage of 2011. I didn’t even have the option to get the DLC at the time. I remember really drilling down on Tsubaki and Bang towards the end. I actually managed to finish all 10 with those 2. Bang’s 10th is probably one of the hardest combo challenges I’ve completed in any fighting game. 

• Like 1

@Honor_Hand Thanks! Good point about people going from CT to CS and therefore rating this game super high on the difficulty scale. There is a noticeable jump in difficulty from CT. With difficulty being subjective, I can totally see why some people would consider this to be harder than CF. However, I still don't know why this is considered harder than CPE with the 100% character requirement. CPE is absolutely brutal.

@postofficebuddy Respect for doing Bang 10; I couldn't even do Bang 5 lol. The DLC is still on the store. Since you're participating in the UR cleanup event, you should pick it up for an easy 100%.

• Like 2

Huge congrats for an awesome Platty! How cool is that Platinum name huh? You're close to 100 UR trophies and 75 Platinums, so some milestones will be hit very soon I'm sure. Any idea on what the #75 Plat will be?

I heard that CS was considered the hardest during my research on the trophy difficulties for the entire series.  I'll definitely keep the comments you made in mind on the later games and their respective difficult trophies/modes. Since I'm playing the BB games in chronological order (Cross Tag Battle notwithstanding) it will be a while yet.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Huge congrats for an awesome Platty! How cool is that Platinum name huh? You're close to 100 UR trophies and 75 Platinums, so some milestones will be hit very soon I'm sure. Any idea on what the #75 Plat will be?

I heard that CS was considered the hardest during my research on the trophy difficulties for the entire series.  I'll definitely keep the comments you made in mind on the later games and their respective difficult trophies/modes. Since I'm playing the BB games in chronological order (Cross Tag Battle notwithstanding) it will be a while yet.

Thanks! It will most likely be Persona 5 Royal, but I'm also considering Valkyrie Drive or Senran Kagura Burst Renewal. I already have a milestone from this amazing series.

My personal opinion is that it's CPE, CF (not because of combos), CS, CT, CSE, and Tag from hardest to easiest. Can't comment on CP until I'm done. Of course that's subjective, so you may have a different experience, but I do want to keep informing people that I really do believe that CPE is extremely difficult.

I took a quick look at your profile and saw that you're one easy trophy away from the CS plat. Are you saving it for a milestone?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Thanks! It will most likely be Persona 5 Royal, but I'm also considering Valkyrie Drive or Senran Kagura Burst Renewal. I already have a milestone from this amazing series.

My personal opinion is that it's CPE, CF (not because of combos), CS, CT, CSE, and Tag from hardest to easiest. Can't comment on CP until I'm done. Of course that's subjective, so you may have a different experience, but I do want to keep informing people that I really do believe that CPE is extremely difficult.

I took a quick look at your profile and saw that you're one easy trophy away from the CS plat. Are you saving it for a milestone?

Ah I should have figured a Persona game would be in the lineup for you there lol. I really want to play P5 one day, the huge time to complete it is a bit of a turn off so I may just go straight to P5R and skip P5 Vanilla. I done FF7R this year and after 90+ hours I don't think I'll be playing another JRPG until next year lol. That game took me a month and a half to finish off as I was so invested in it's story. Anyways that's enough of that, back to fighting games.

I actually am saving BB CS as part of a BB Plat rain day for a special occasion. What that special occasion is...well, I'll save that for when the time is right to do so. You'll know when that special occasion is soon enough :)

• Like 1

Sorry to bring this up, but I couldn't help but notice Nurarihyon no Mago: Hyakki Ryouran Taisen was missing from the list. Not a totally conventional 2D fighter but it's definitely better than GG Isuka:

The trophies are just for beating story mode, beating challenge mode (these aren't combos but matches with special conditions), grinding out support characters & some online. I cleaned up the online last year & it was one of the only games where I never encountered a random player the entire time boosting so 2 copies or a co-conspirator are required. The game was really cheap when I picked up a second copy for self boosting but I just had a quick look at prices & they've just about doubled (still not a very expensive game) which is why I started the post with 'sorry to bring this up'. Anyway dunno if this is fit for inclusion but it's more or less an Arc Sys fighter so just giving a 'heads up' here. 

• Like 2

@Drag-On-Detritus  Out of rep points for now, but thanks for bringing this to my attention; I didn't think I missed any games. I can't read Japanese so hopefully there's a good guide out there.

@FreshFromThaDeli Not on the topic of fighters, but all of the vanilla content is in P5R, so no need to play both versions.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 2