Yuber's ArcSys Fighters Challenge (COMPLETE)

Yuber6969

5 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

@Drag-On-Detritus  Out of rep points for now, but thanks for bringing this to my attention; I didn't think I missed any games. I can't read Japanese so hopefully there's a good guide out there.

@FreshFromThaDeli Not on the topic of fighters, but all of the vanilla content is in P5R, so no need to play both versions.

NP I've always got rep so have one for not being afraid of a bit of Japanese. Here's a mission guide, for some reason I couldn't find it when making that initial post but managed to find it just then. Forgot sometimes gamefaqs has actual-useful stuff. I can't read Japanese either but the game wasn't too hard to sus out. I reckon with that mission guide the language barrier shouldn't be too bad. I still have to clean it up myself but got completely burned out on fighters ages ago due to playing mostly just those from the mid 90s to mid noughties so it's very hard to get motivated to play unless someone comes around & wants a fight in which case 'it's on' & always will be.

• Like 1

I like what you're doing man... I see you started Battle Fantasia, that one was a fun one, and I think you will enjoy that one too. The gold trophy is the only real trouble, but after you nail the parry, it becomes second nature and feasible.  Best of luck with that one. 

P.S. I wish they came out with more games of game franchise. Really digged it.    

• Like 1

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention, and for the guide @Drag-On-Detritus, I'm sure I'll be needing it. Might as well make the announcement now:

I will be adding Nurarihyon no Mago: Hyakki Ryouran Taisen to the challenge.

Le75359.png

@TENCHU_REPPA Thanks! A couple of people have told me that Battle Fantasia is a bad game, so I'm relieved to hear that someone liked it! Hopefully I will too.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 2

@AJ_Radio Out of rep points at the moment, but thanks!

With your level of skill in gaming, you could definitely pull off a BlazBlue game with some practice. My first ArcSys fighter gave me a really hard time, but the combo challenges (if that's what's putting you off) get less difficult with each game you finish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yuber1234 said:

@AJ_Radio Out of rep points at the moment, but thanks!

With your level of skill in gaming, you could definitely pull off a BlazBlue game with some practice. My first ArcSys fighter gave me a really hard time, but the combo challenges (if that's what's putting you off) get less difficult with each game you finish.

I appreciate the input man.

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle would be a good game to start in the series for a beginner like me. Funny enough, I tried out Tekken 7 for me who had only previously played Tekken for a hour or two in my entire life. Got the platinum in over a day, and despite the scummy DLC, enjoyed the game for what it was. Did the rest of the Tekken games in the series except for Tekken Revolution. Not a particularly hard fighting game series to platinum, but hey, I had fun.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I appreciate the input man.

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle would be a good game to start in the series for a beginner like me. Funny enough, I tried out Tekken 7 for me who had only previously played Tekken for a hour or two in my entire life. Got the platinum in over a day, and despite the scummy DLC, enjoyed the game for what it was. Did the rest of the Tekken games in the series except for Tekken Revolution. Not a particularly hard fighting game series to platinum, but hey, I had fun.

The Tekken series was fun for sure.

Cross Tag Battle would indeed be a good starting point. It's not canon, so it won't spoil the story of other games for you. It goes on sale for less than $10 frequently.

Loved reading through this thread! It's awesome to see someone's progress documented for a tough as nails challenge. My biggest pet peeve about ArcSys fighting games nowadays is that the plats are getting easier and easier for the newer releases. I really enjoyed the challenge they gave in the past.

Edited by Thedah
  • Like 2

@Thedah Thanks! I totally agree with you about the drop in difficulty. The only newer game I've done so far was Cross Tag Battle and I noticed a significant drop. I heard GG Strive and Granblue are pretty easy too. If we get a new Persona fighter, I hope they don't water it down.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Another good entry point would be Calamity Trigger. It's the very first game in the main series so you could get familiar with the lore on that one and start from the very beginning. It's not too difficult either and it doesn't have any difficult combo challenges related to it. I'm close to done on that one already and will be jumping to Continuum Shift afterwards.

I'm not too good at fighting games myself either but I really, really love the aesthetics of this series and I'm looking forward to completing all of the games on it. :)

• Like 2

I've been working on the Combo List trophy in BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (vanilla). It requires you to complete 500 combo challenges. This is not as difficult as it sounds due to the way challenges are structured in this game.

There are 26 characters (including DLC) and they each have 30 challenges.

1 - 9: Beginner challenges. They are often as simple as: 214A -> 214D

10: Just an astral finish. This is basically a freebie.

11 - 19: Intermediate challenges. They have between 4 and 9 inputs on average (character dependent).

20*: You have to do a combo that ends with an astral finish. This is not nearly as difficult as it sounds, and is basically a freebie. It can often be as simple as 3C -> Astral.

21 - 24: Hard challenges. They have 10+ inputs and sometimes have gimmicks.

25: Using your own inputs, you have to break the opponent's guard with a crush trigger, then do 4K worth of damage.

26 - 29: Expert challenges. They have around 15 inputs and always some kind of gimmick such as a cancel.

30: A combo where you must achieve something (usually X amount of damage) with your own inputs.

*Some characters have a counterattack as an astral finish. For these characters, the challenge is to use an astral against an opponent who is attacking aggressively. Still a freebie.

I've attempted 12 of the 26 characters and have completed a total of 247 challenges. It's been a tedious but easy experience so far, as I've avoided the hard/expert challenges for the most part. Considering I've completed just under half of the challenges required for the trophy, and have gone through less than half of the roster, I think this will be a much easier experience than most of the other games in the series.

This is my progress so far:

Mu-12: 22

Relius: 21

Makoto: 18
Taokaka: 19

Hazama: 20

Hakumen: 24

Kagura: 21
Bullet: 21
Ragna:19

Litchi: 17

Terumi: 25

Kokonoe: 20

• Like 3

8S6a1170.png

Combo List

[Challenge] Executed over 500 challenges.

This game has the easiest combo challenge requirement in the series after Tag and CSE. This was more grindy than anything.

My final results are below. I never had to revisit a character. Once I reached Amane, I decided to stop going past Challenge 20 for anyone since I was ahead of target.

Mu-12: 22

Relius: 21

Makoto: 18
Taokaka: 19

Hazama: 20

Hakumen: 24

Kagura: 21
Bullet: 21
Ragna:19

Litchi: 17

Terumi: 25

Kokonoe: 20

Tager: 22

Azrael: 17

Noel: 21

Izayoi: 21
Amane: 19

Jin: 20

Arakune: 19

Tsubaki: 19

Rachel: 17

Platinum: 18

Valkenhayn: 19

Bang: 19

Nu-13: 17

Carl: 3

• Like 3

I've bern kinda lurking around this thread and I gotta say, your progress is inspiring. You're really tearing into them!

I'm only two away from the CF plat, buy I'm at the point where I'm not sure I'm gonna have the skill to do them. My execution is uh... Subpar lol. If you ever wanna boost the Rev badges trophy, shoot me a message. I'd totally be down!

• Like 1

@AihaLoveleaf Left him for last on purpose. Barely had to deal with Nirvana this time. xD

@MissShake Thanks! I looked at your profile and saw that you need the Speedstar trophy. I'll post the strategy taught to me by @Copanele.

Copied and pasted directly from Copanele:

1. Start with 236A
1a. In case of a Murakumo Unit, start with 236B
1b. In case of Noel, jump back and try to catch her with a 236A
2. Immediately spam C
3. Mid C , do a 236B. Your aim is to drive the AI into the corner
4. Once in corner, mash C until you see the AI float.
5. After finishing the mash, dash and wait for the AI to recover mid-air (shown by a white light)
6. Immediately spam C again
7. When AI is near death, use the Overdrive and Overdrive finish (tap the OD button twice). Make sure the AI is near you and not in recovery mode, else he'll block

IN CASE OF AI WHOOPING YOUR ASS
1. 236D is a surefire way to get rid of him if you have meter. It has almost instant startup and it will catch the AI offguard
2. In case you don't have meter, 236+C two times is the ticket out, you will fly away from danger. 
3. Block any shit the AI will throw at you, then mash A like a madman. After you do a knockdown combo, it's time to resume the previous strategy.
4. Every AI behaves and starts the battle roughly the same (Noel with her shitty slide, Azrael backdashing), so you can refer to the fights in the video.

The only thing I would add is that your OD won't always be ready. If you don't have it ready, end the fight with an Astral Finish if you have enough heat. You will get a massive time bonus especially in the "boss fights." If you don't have enough heat, just end with a Distortion Drive. The amount of time it will take you to build up your heat will not be worth it.

I didn't know the Rev badges were boostable. I'm definitely down to boost them; I'll send you a message later.

Edited by yuber1234
Typo
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

@AihaLoveleaf Left him for last on purpose. Barely had to deal with Nirvana this time. xD

@MissShake Thanks! I looked at your profile and saw that you need the Speedstar trophy. I'll post the strategy taught to me by @Copanele.

Copied and pasted directly from Copanele:

1. Start with 236A
1a. In case of a Murakumo Unit, start with 236B
1b. In case of Noel, jump back and try to catch her with a 236A
2. Immediately spam C
3. Mid C , do a 236B. Your aim is to drive the AI into the corner
4. Once in corner, mash C until you see the AI float.
5. After finishing the mash, dash and wait for the AI to recover mid-air (shown by a white light)
6. Immediately spam C again
7. When AI is near death, use the Overdrive and Overdrive finish (tap the OD button twice). Make sure the AI is near you and not in recovery mode, else he'll block

IN CASE OF AI WHOOPING YOUR ASS
1. 236D is a surefire way to get rid of him if you have meter. It has almost instant startup and it will catch the AI offguard
2. In case you don't have meter, 236+C two times is the ticket out, you will fly away from danger. 
3. Block any shit the AI will throw at you, then mash A like a madman. After you do a knockdown combo, it's time to resume the previous strategy.
4. Every AI behaves and starts the battle roughly the same (Noel with her shitty slide, Azrael backdashing), so you can refer to the fights in the video.

The only thing I would add is that your OD won't always be ready. If you don't have it ready, end the fight with an Astral Finish if you have enough heat. You will get a massive time bonus especially in the "boss fights." If you don't have enough heat, just end with a Distortion Drive. The amount of time it will take you to build up your heat will not be worth it.

I didn't know the Rev badges were boostable. I'm definitely down to boost them; I'll send you a message later.

Speedstar is like my nemesis. I have been trying with my main on and off for years now, and it's just not going as planned. Is this strat with a specific character? I'd love to give it a run again!

Iirc you had to set your preferences up a specific way to get the same person for ranked in Rev. I'll look more into it soon!

Edited by MissShake
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Speedstar is like my nemesis. I have been trying with my main on and off for years now, and it's just not going as planned. Is this strat with a specific character? I'd love to give it a run again!

The strat is intended for Mai. She is a DLC character but she is the easiest to use by far. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Copanele said:

"IN CASE OF AI WHOOPING YOUR ASS" 

Yep, forgot I used my professional language in this miniguide 1f602.png

Also congratulations for the 500 combos @yuber1234! After CPEX and CS, this one didn't feel nearly as exciting I see. 

Thanks! Lol "professional language." Professionalism goes out the window when your Speedstar run ends after 30+ matches. xD

18 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Iirc you had to set your preferences up a specific way to get the same person for ranked in Rev. I'll look more into it soon!

Ah sorry, yes it's intended for use with Stylish Mai. I'll add you on Discord for the Rev boost if that's cool.

• Like 1

Well, I knew I wouldn't be able to get a BlazBlue plat without some kind of rage-inducing challenge. The challenge this time around is Highlander Assault mode, which tasks you with taking on the series' infamous Black Beast. It plays similar to Mega Man X final boss fights, right down to the the level of difficulty. Because of the change of style, most prior knowledge of BlazBlue mechanics is absolutely useless. Attack on Highlander requires you to clear this mode with every base game character. I welcome challenges, but this has been so frustrating that I feel like I'm going to have a stroke. Seriously ArcSys, what the hell?

The Black Beast takes up the entire y-axis of the screen, and the balancing reflects this difference in size from your character. Your attacks do damage that is barely visible, while he has many attacks that can literally kill you in one hit. Like in a Mega Man X game, the x-axis of the screen is now long enough that the beast can be out of your view. He likes to use attacks that don't cause much damage, but send you to the other side of the screen. While he is out of your view, he begins to charge his distortion drive. If it hits you cleanly, you will die. It can only be blocked with a barrier guard, and it will drain your entire barrier gauge. You can interrupt his distortion drive if you do enough damage to him while he is charging it, but most characters can't hit him from the other side of the screen. Worse yet, the Black Beast has an invincible mage-like character assisting him who throws projectiles at you while you are trying to interrupt the beast's attack. You need to be constantly dodging them while damaging the beast. If you don't do it perfectly, you will get hit by the distortion and you will die (or at the very least, use up your entire barrier gauge).

He has a second distortion drive that takes out half of your health, and there is a degree of luck involved in avoiding it. When he does this attack, he moves to the middle of the screen and begins charging. A piece of debris with a green aura will fall to a random spot on the screen, and you must stand in front of it to dodge the attack. This is where luck comes in to play. The debris doesn't fall right away, so you are stuck guessing where it might fall. If it falls on the other side of the screen, you won't make it in time, and you will lose half of your health.

If by some miracle you can get the beast's health bar down to about half, the mage goes into to overdrive. She releases cannons similar to Mu's and they don't go away after her overdrive; you're stuck dealing with them for the remainder of the fight. And if by a second miracle you get the beast down to near-death status, he will use an astral finish. Yes, to add insult to injury, they gave him an astral finish.

I have been trying to beat him with Mu-12, who is apparently one of the best characters to use against the beast. I got him down to near-death once, but most of the time I die around the halfway point. There have been a number of times I died within 10 seconds as well. I would take the task of having to do 100% of a character's combo challenges any day over this. If I wanted to play a Mega Man X game, I would have done so. I hate this.

5i1q5h.jpg

EDIT: So I just got hit by his first distortion drive with full health. It isn't an instant kill, but it does take about 80 - 90% of your health, so it might as well be.

EDIT 2: After a 10 minute break or so, I was filled with rage and tried again. Beat the beast very quickly with Mu, and with half of my health remaining. The trick was to throw defense out the window and just be super aggressive. Go figure. Hopefully it's as easy with everyone else.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Jesus, dude...

After reading this Black Beast description all I can think is "bring on Tager 19 and 20, at least those are humanly possible".

I hope for both of our sakes that this whole thing has some sweet Copanele strats, or it's going to be a rough time.

It's definitely very difficult, but not as difficult as I made it out to be in my initial post. Once I learned the beast's patterns, it became a lot less difficult (but still difficult). To use the Mega Man X comparison again , you have to know when to jump, what the sound ques are for his different attacks are, etc. So far I've cleared it with Mu-12 and Relius, and came close with Makoto. I was going to post a mini-guide for this once I made more progress, but I found a series of YouTube videos where this mode was done with each character. It would be better if I just shared those. I'll wait until I get the trophy in case I end up disagreeing with some of the YouTuber's methods.

• Like 1