ziggypossum

The possibility of multiplayer making a return

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Mass Effect director hopes Legendary Edition will change feelings about that infamous ending

https://www.cnet.com/news/mass-effect-director-hopes-legendary-edition-will-change-feelings-about-that-infamous-ending/

- Is there any possibility of the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer mode (which isn't in the Legendary Edition) coming back in some form? I got super into it back then because you could try all the different abilities and just zip around as an Asari or one of the other races.

Walters: I would never say no to that -- we want to see what kind of reception the Legendary Edition gets and what the demand for the multiplayer is. And then we'll ask ourselves if we have the resources and time to bring it up to the quality level we and fans want.

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT

I really enjoyed the ME3 multiplayer partly because of the progression system it had. It was also a bit of a surprise because at the time it didn't even register that something multiplayer related could exist around a series of RPG and narrative heavy games.

But on the other hand it did originally come about during that time in the early 2010's where game companies tacked on multiplayer modes to try and keep people playing the game/as a way to create extra income from players. So if they do end up bringing it back, I hope it doesn't start another trend like that.

Even though ME3 MP was one of the better tacked on modes, the terrible ones were in the majority.

I love 3’s multiplayer. One of my favourite games ever. Hundreds and hundreds of hours dumped into it.

I doubt we’ll ever get a remaster though. I’d love it, but I doubt it. This sounds like double speak to get people to stop asking about it.

It’s actually a little depressing for me. If the collection had the mp it would’ve been a day 1 buy, but I’ll probably hold out for a sale at this point.

Andromeda's multiplayer are pretty much the same and is still alive.

No need to add this to ME3

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Miles-MHunter said:

Andromeda's multiplayer are pretty much the same and is still alive.

No need to add this to ME3

It’s not even close to the same. Andromeda’s MP sucked and they killed support for it like 2 months in cause barely anybody played it. 3 on PS3 has a bigger player base than Andromeda.

Edited by KingGuy420

No, just no. The MP for this game sucked IMO and felt tacked on like every other MP mode did back then during the "every game must have MP, even when no wants it" phase.

I absolutley loved this MP, if this had been in the collection i would have bought it day one, as it is i might pick it up on discount.  I realise i am probably in the minority on this one

Would be cool for those who actually want it, I guess. I know that I certainly don't.

I love ME3's MP back in the day. Was a nice 'horde' mode style and the ability to play as other races was great. The different difficulty levels posed a genuine challenge that required teamwork, and the progression system was great.

I would LOVE to see it back, but I accept it's no going to happen.

I played a bunch of it and loved it on ps3 and pc. I don't want to start over again unlocking the weapons and characters so I'd rather they get busy on the new game (if they'd let us import our progression, that'd be another matter).

I think I spent like 400 hrs in ME3 MP. I hope it returns with all of our unlocks. It was simple and fun.

5 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I think I spent like 400 hrs in ME3 MP. I hope it returns with all of our unlocks. It was simple and fun.

If it does return I'm almost certain the unlocks wouldn't still be there. If I remember correctly the servers have been taken down for the multiplayer so that data probably isn't even available. Even if it was, making everyone start from scratch would make people spend more time, and likely money, in the multiplayer. If I remember correctly there were microtransactions in multiplayer.

1 hour ago, Komrade_Dusty said:

If it does return I'm almost certain the unlocks wouldn't still be there. If I remember correctly the servers have been taken down for the multiplayer so that data probably isn't even available. Even if it was, making everyone start from scratch would make people spend more time, and likely money, in the multiplayer. If I remember correctly there were microtransactions in multiplayer.

No, it's actually still available to my knowledge unless something changed recently. And you can still find a game.

Posted (edited)

Never had MP did it? It had that 4 player coop mode, I don't see why they would do that again, it wasn't very good and hardly anyone played it. 

Edited by GUDGER666

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

No, just no. The MP for this game sucked IMO and felt tacked on like every other MP mode did back then during the "every game must have MP, even when no wants it" phase.

It was actually pretty good all things and you were not forced to play the MP in the original game if you did not want to. The only thing it did, iirc, was increase the readiness quicker and you could avoid the Insanity difficulty via SP simply by completing a Gold Difficulty tier (or getting a character via online to 20), and even then it wasn't all that bad.

The MP for ME 3 had a lot of potential considering all the DLC was given for free; although, if you ask me, I would be all over this as the MP was awesome!

EA will not dedicate resources to reviving the multiplayer outside a $40 DLC pack.

Posted (edited)

I hope it does get online I don’t like when a game gets a remaster and the online isn’t in it doesn’t feel like the same game.

Edited by THEULTRAMEMELORD

While it would have been nice to have the MP return as I recall fond memories of playing the MP. I won't be surprised, however, if they didn't make it. Many of the "remasters" with Online never had it ported over. Besides, unlike COD the game's main focus wasn't the MP.