Trophy Thoughts?

16 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

What's this dlc weapons glitch exactly?

So, the optimal way to do the highest difficulty is to transfer a completed file from a lower difficulty. Everything will be scaled up to meet whatever level you were in the previous file. Pretty standard new game plus stuff. The PS3 version of ME2 was screwed up, however. When a new game plus was started, everything would scale up except you. You'd be a no-ability level 1 with basic weapons in a level 40+ hard mode world. The way around this was to just start a fresh file in hard and just play normally.

The DLC weapons things is another error. I don't remember the equation exactly, the game has a way of calculating how much damage a weapon does when held by a companion. It was found that the DLC weapons didn't use this calculation at all, it was listed power + listed companion power. This basically meant that the right gun in the right hands made everything a one-shot. I can't find the video off hand, but the strongest DLC weapon was some sniper rifle and with another (free) DLC pack, you could get a second sniper. The video shows Zaeed & Garrus using this gun and just wandering around killing off entire rooms while the player just stands there.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Thomas2400 said:

Anyone playing on PS5, do the trophies start appearing on activity cards when you press the PS button at some point?

about to head to freedom's progress and they aren't there yet

Trophy list is all fucky on PS5. It has real issue with all stacks of different games, it was showing trophies for 1st ME when playing ME3, disappear altogether or show one trophy. If they are unlocking fine on your trophy list then don't worry about it. It is annoying though

I quickly learned to give a f**k on trophy cards while playing the trilogy or better said: While playing PS4 games with different stacks for vanilla and dlc trophies.

a. Get a vanilla trophy >> All is fine.

b. Get a DLC trophy >> You only see activity cards for the DLC.

==> The situation on PS5 could be even worsened by the fact, that all 4 stacks (ME1, ME2, ME3, Shared stack) are classified as vanilla stacks. >> So getting one trophy from the Shared stack knocks other trophy cards out until, you get a new trophy for the game you are actually playing.

Edited by Geridian

2 hours ago, Yuna4353 said:

So does anyone know if any of the abilities trophies work if I reload a save? I am asking that just so I know what to expect 

Yes, it works in all 3 games. The game's trophy data is saved on a separate file so reloading saves doesn't affect the tracker. You can farm combat trophies at any point.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I think Insanity should've been part of the main list (and uncheesable). I miss the PS3 days, when platinums weren't just participation trophies.

I'm also shocked at how easy Insanity is for ME2. I remember it being much harder on PS3. Was able to do Insanity on my first playthrough playing quite recklessly as a Vanguard.

Very simple triple platinum series. You can pretty much just play the games without stoppage and get the vast majority of them. The only one that gave me a bit of extra time to complete was the hacking trophy from ME1 but that was only because the lack of Geth troops by the time I started in on it. Even still though, that was easy as well. Just go right into Insanity on ME1 and ride that right to the end of ME3.