Post a game you love that was ruined by an online trophy.

The Last of Us: Enjoyed the game, didn't like the MP too much. If they had kept the trophies simple as they did for Uncharted (ie: Play one match, etc), then it wouldn't have been such an issue. I hated the Factions trophies and had to boost it with others.

GTAIV: I played this game over and over back when it first came out before it even had trophies. Once the trophy update came out for it, I was looking forward to playing it again but I noticed it had the Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic trophy. My drive to plat the game instantly died.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Loved the game, played the hell out of it. Was a pain and half to boost the MP trophies. It might be my experience, but I tried boosting it three times. The first two times the boost fell apart once some people got their trophies and ran off. I was lucky to get into a third group full of dedicated players that stayed until everyone got their trophies.

Resistance 2: This a game with platinum that is forever out of my reach. I had two trophies left and the developers made it so you only can earn them in Ranked matches. There wasn't much chance of boosting it in Private, let alone doing so quickly. What a shame, I loved the game and the co-op campaign.

Ghostbusters The Video Game: This is the PS3 version, the MP trophies were trash and they don't really have a place in the game. It seems that all the games from this era had to have MP or excessive MP trophies.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AnimeGamerWeeb said:

The Last of Us (Remastered)

The online portion wasn't that bad. It made the game even better.

I would have to say Fight Night Champion getting to level 60 online. If you lose, you lose your rating. You have to constantly win. Need to have a winning percentage of 90% or better in hopping to get that rating. That's like 300+ fights, which is like 300+ hours if you win of course.

Another trophy was battlefield bad company 1 10,002 kills. Trophies like these ruin your experience.

Now that I'm a bit older. I am finally able to say enough is enough. Quit trophy hunting completely, and have been enjoying my games a lot more.

• Like 4

Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe ?

I loved Mortal Kombat (really just the Midway games, nowadays not so much), but back in 2014 when I was just a 13 year old scrub I knew nothing of online servers shutting down as the only multiplayer game I played at the time was Call of Duty. So imagine my surprise when one day I go to complete the online and I keep getting error messages saying "unable to connect." My first unobtainable and it was in a series I hold dear to my heart. Such a shame...

Wanna know what makes it even more terrible? The week the servers went down was the same week me and my best friend got our Black Ops 2 trophy list hacked on TranZit while looking for randoms to do the easter egg, and I also did not know of any way to prevent that from happening at the time. Talk about a double whammy ?

• Like 3

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for me. I don't play many games with online compatibility so it was a difficult question for me to figure out. I enjoyed it at a friend's house against him and AI. I sometimes feel like buying it and just playing on an alt account so I don't have a barren trophy list on my profile.

Erm, pretty much every game that has online trophie lol.

I think GTA4, GTA5, Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2. Last Of Us 1 and 2 (you know DLC is coming for that eventually)

I've sadly pretty much avoided all of Rockstars games in recent years due to online trophies despite the fact the base games seem like incredibly great games.

[edit] SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD! I just remembered that evil one.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Fantastic campaign with a glitched out 'Reach level 5 multiplayer' trophy that's locked majority of the players from unlocking it unless they play Asia servers or fuck around with a VPN.

• Like 1

Assassins Creed: Black Flag. God those multiplayer trophies are stupidly grinding. Getting to level 55 is boring enough since multiplayer is dead. Would love to actually play with people instead of doing it in a solo wolf pack. Even then, you have to play on every game mode... which is dead lol.

One of my favorite Creed games so far. Just terrible MP

Edited by SKiL_Clash
  • Like 4

Driveclub Bikes: i love this racing game but i wasn't careful to get all online trophies before Server Shutdown so it'll be incomplete forever :(

Uncharted 3: playing the campsign was great but those 50 online trophies were a long and difficult grind. Damn those randomly given treasures

• Like 1

32Lb1aba1.png

"Contact Thriller", from the game Agents of Mayhem

I realize that the game has a lot of problems, and that I'm definitely in the minority when it comes to loving it, but I had a lot of good mindless fun with it. This trophy though....it's easily the worst trophy I've ever gone after. Truly mind-numbing, and while it didn't "ruin" the game for me, I left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Trophy explanation: You team up with other people online to play "contracts." Just a series of objectives, like "kill X number of specific enemy type," etc. Well, all another player has to do is kill one enemy, then they can leave their game running while they go to work or school or whatever, and leave all the work to the rest of the group. I didn't play Agents of Mayhem til it had been out for a while, so it was hard finding full groups, and as a result I had to play with the same people over and over again. I swear I did 90% of the work every time (out of 4 or 5 people). You're also only given a few contracts every 24 hours, and they would sometimes repeat. Took me 8 or 9 days just to get this one bronze trophy.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, HYPERS said:

Red Dead Redemption 2: The grind to level 50 was so boring, devoid of any fun. The only thing that kept me going was knowing the platinum trophy was in reach. Spent 40 hours just collecting 100s of collectables across the map.

Still is my favorite game, but Red Dead Online is the worst for grinding.

The online is a lot more feasible to do than the single player, it's the opposite with RDR1 (although only the 8 player trophies and levelling up are really hard in that game).

Bioshock 2 I think is actually a good game, and my favorite of the series (good ending is a lot more heart tugging than anything in the other games, and Eleanor is a superior daughterfu) but the multiplayer is donkey dick, and it takes forever to get max level.

Rayman Legends I didn't even bother going for the plat, it's very technically not multiplayer and more leaderboard trophies but it looks like a grind