Post a game you love that was ruined by an online trophy.

On 13.5.2021 at 6:24 PM, AnimeGamerWeeb said:

The Last of Us (Remastered)

One of the best Multiplayer imo.

Time Crisis Razing Storm. Arcade Mode and Sentry Mode are awesome and the Multiplayer is absolutily pointless

Edited by PL_Tomasz_G
  • Like 1

Grand Theft Auto 5 - Mastermind trophies. I had considered going for 100%, but the skill involved, the luck, cooperation and praying to the internet gods that the game doesn't decide to crash or kick you out is too much for me. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Level 50 trophy. The leveling and reward system is broke in this game to the point it's not worth trying. I had a great time playing with randoms, lots of laughs but the petty rewards wasn't worth the effort.

Doom 1 - Nightmare co op. This can just fuck off. 

I say this for the people in the back row...make multiplayer trophies DLC, not part of the main game!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShinySpidey said:

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag. 
Easy answer.

I had to reach Ubisoft support several times to get the plat.

Full story here:

And even from a non trophy hunter prospective, the multiplayer gets repetitive  really fast. 

I had to do Wolfpack solo to reach level 55. My mind was numb from the process. When I got to level 40 I couldn't take the monotony anymore. I chucked on some Netflix and that got me through the last 15 levels. By God was that a grind

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DreddPirateRobb said:

Doom 1 - Nightmare co op. This can just fuck off.

I'm stuck on DOOM 2's Nightmare Co-op. Horrible trophy.

I could of thought up 100 different ways to have a difficult but doable trophy for the platinum in both DOOM 1 and DOOM 2. But nope, they had to throw Nightmare in there. Assholes.

And because it's local multiplayer only, good luck trying to share play with anyone.

• Like 1

On 18/5/2021 at 10:54 PM, DreddPirateRobb said:

I had to do Wolfpack solo to reach level 55. My mind was numb from the process. When I got to level 40 I couldn't take the monotony anymore. I chucked on some Netflix and that got me through the last 15 levels. By God was that a grind

SAME with YouTube videos in the background. 

I also spent €4,99 to get a +25% EXP boost (it didn't help much) and completed almost every Wolfpack challenge. What a grind.

• Like 1

I'd say the worst online grind I did was in Elite Dangerous. Took what, 70-80 hours? Open lobbies with just one random to ruin your session. Took ages.

I saw people mention AC: Black Flag a lot in this thread but 99% of the online trophies could be done solo so I don't see a problem here.

Special off topic shout out to FF15 comrades: Trash game made even worse by terrible MP trophies. 

The online didn't ruin these games for me, but I couldn't be bothered to get the online trophies for the platinum for a lot of games. Some include Far Cry 4 & 5, AC Black Flag, GTA 4 & 5.. I'm sure there's more. I still plan to get the online trophies for RDR2 because I've already got the 100% completion trophy, which is probably the biggest grind. I forced myself to get the online trophies for Last of Us remastered because I didn't enjoy the online. It was slow and sluggish compared to other multiplayer games like COD. It's funny because I actually got really good at the online near the end and would usually win matches even though I was strictly doing it for the platinum. 

Yeah, There are a few games that come to mind.

Batman: Arkham Origins: I did manage to get all the online trophies for this game, the requirements for them are absolutely insane that it is impossible to get them legit. Also who thought that having multiplayer in a Batman game was a good idea?

DOOM Eternal: While Doom 2016 was fine with its multiplayer matches, Eternal has the infuriated Battle mode where if your the Slayer, your outnumbered and usually outmatch by the opposing demons. So killing 200 players takes alot longer than it should be.

Mad Max: Just when I started playing it, I was shocked to learned that this single-player game needed an online connection for some functions to work, such as the 'Up to the Task' Trophy that required an online connection for your scrap crew to work. Dam.

Overwatch: Yes I know this is a multiplayer game, but I used to love this game when it first came out. However Blizzard update the game so much that the matchmaking is so annoying that even choosing an offensive character is difficult due to the character limit for each classes. So now the rest of the trophies are harder to get.

Actively ruined? Nothing, since I generally don't bother with them unless it's a game I like anyway. Killzone 2, DOOM (2016) post patch 6.66 requirements for the DLC trophies, Bioshock 2 (although fuck the DLC maps since good goddamn luck playing on them in the first place) and to some extent Resistance 2? Kinda ridiculous requirements, but the multiplayers in those games were fun.

I guess Warhammer 40k: Space Marine with its ridiculous do all challenges trophy is probably the closest, since that requirement is dumb af and I can't be bothered to do it despite liking the multiplayer enough to get max level without getting bored and having done almost everything else in the game, or Red Dead Redemption which DID get boring in the grind (and a couple really stupid trophies like 15 assists in one base or whatever it was) but I did it anyway.

Some others are games I liked but not going to bother with multiplayer trophies because I can't be bothered and I'm happy with doing everything else, like AssCreed Brotherhood, Uncharted 2/3 or Binary Domain, and others are games I never really liked anyway so I'm not going to bother with the multiplayer at all, like GTAIV.

Very nearly ghost of tsushima. Grinding out on legends was so tedious and frustrating. I loved the game and enjoyed getting the NG+ trophies after a 6 month break from the game but survival was too repetitive and the raid chapters were infuriating without a coordinated group.

I read through the thread, while I did complete many of the mentioned games, I was only bothered by these :

- AC IV Black Flag : The multiplayer trophies in this one are utter bullshit. Compared to AC Liberation on PSVita, this is way worse.

- RDR 2 : I loved the SP campaign, but the requirements for the online part made me have 70% on it. Not gonna waste my time on it at this stage in life. Maybe I would’ve done it in my college years, but not now.

- Uncharted 4 - Survival mode : The platinum was a walk in the park, but when they added Survival mode to it, they ruined it all. 

Surprised that no one has mentioned Journey and the nightmare that getting the Companion trophy can be.  Now saying this was a game I loved was a stretch, but that trophy definitely changed it from a game I was okay with and may have recommended to others to one I despise and is why I will never again play a game with MP trophies.  Unlike most other games with MP, you can't get it via a gaming session because you have no control over who you are assigned.  So you pretty much have to hope for the best that you don't get one of numerous assholes who will just leave you behind in the final area if you aren't fast enough for them or you miss a jump somewhere (which is very easy to do in the last area).  I had really bad luck on this and it took me far too many tries to find one courteous person who had the decency to wait for me to catch up when I missed a jump.

I'm not very fond of MP as it is because I dislike needing to rely on someone else for my trophies.  It's far worse when you can't even have enough control over it to play with a friend you can trust to help you out.